Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Eric Church

AppOrange
School: Appalachian State

Re: Eric Church

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:43 pm

App_in_Maiden wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:24 pm
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:04 pm
When we were a fan base divided over an election, I expected it. When we were a fan base divided over shoulder stripes, I was a bit surprised, but expected it. Even when we were a fan base divided over ice in cups, I begrudgingly accepted. When we became a fan base divided over whether or not a random guy who happens to be popular singing songs is a bum or not? Didn't see that.

For the record, I support App and NC State. You know why? I graduated from both. If they played each other, I'd pull for App. I will never, truly never, understand why people pull for colleges they did not attend or did not pay for their family members to attend. In my opinion, I try to equate it to professional sports; if I paid for Carolina Panthers season tickets, would I pull for Dallas if they played each other? Would I record a Dallas fan video?
I grew up watching UNC basketball/football. It was on in my house and if we went to my grandparents house and UNC was playing, you best believe it was on. I became a fan because it was what we watched. I also went to the same high school as Roy Williams and his basketball coach was my drivers ed teacher. I still watch UNC games when they are on. App will always be #1 in my heart, but I have no problem saying I cheer for UNC.
It should be noted, in my example above, I meant pulling for UNC over App when they play each other, not pulling for them in general.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:24 pm

fjblair wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:33 am
Who cares? His music sucks and can pull for any school he wants to. It's like a bunch of high school girl drama around here regarding this guy. Not once in real life have I ever heard another App fan say anything about Eric Church as it relates to UNC. Not once, not ever.
Were you at the unc game? There was plenty said. I don't care who he supports when they are not playing us. I care a lot when they are playing us. He is a jerk and I have heard plenty of people say so.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:38 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:24 pm
fjblair wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:33 am
Who cares? His music sucks and can pull for any school he wants to. It's like a bunch of high school girl drama around here regarding this guy. Not once in real life have I ever heard another App fan say anything about Eric Church as it relates to UNC. Not once, not ever.
Were you at the unc game? There was plenty said. I don't care who he supports when they are not playing us. I care a lot when they are playing us. He is a jerk and I have heard plenty of people say so.
Besides the clothes it was obvious who was pulling for UNC-CHeat and who was pulling for the victors that day. Not every fan for the CHeats was giving positive applause as some had their hands full with wine and cheese but there was a pretty loud "boo" coming from the App fans.

Query: What is more embarrassing-having alumni of School A bitch about a fellow alumni not giving their all for School A or School B needing said School A alumnus to perform their intro hype video due to the fact that either no one can or no one will help produce School B's video?
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:10 am

I listened to Eric Churchs song The Outsiders and I thought that the 1st part of it was pretty cool. I'm not sure I've listened to another song. I don't find country music to be appealing, and his outward support of UNC-CHeat is annoying.

I don't listen to enough/any country music to identify "bro country", but honestly Luke Combs stuff seems to fit the bill more. Its more of the beer+pickup+broken heart+dog formula for a lot of songs. I tried to listen to him for a couple of days because he seems like a good dude (and his rooting interests confirm that), but I just couldn't get into it. I wish him all the success though and he has boatloads of fans.

for the closet and outward tarhole fans:
1. normalizing the institutional cheating that happened for decades is not right. UNC perpetuated the largest instance of academic fraud in college sports history, and deserves to be punished for stealing an education from so many athletes in order to make a buck. Since our world is not just, they won't.
2. UNC uses its dominant athletic position to maintain the status quo. They take the lions share of resources and give App (through the UNCBOG-dominated by UNC grads) the LOWEST /STUDENT FUNDING IN THE UNC SYSTEM. UNC understands the connection between sports and politics, which is why they were willing to risk their accreditation in order to maintain athletic superiority.

yes, you are a very small cog in a huge machine, but if we take away enough of those cogs, we can start to balance the scales a little bit.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:47 am

Barbecue.

appgrad98

Unread post by appgrad98 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:53 am

The fact that Eric Church is supportive of UNC which is also coaches by two former Mountaineer Coaches doesn't bother me at all. The way some people get up in arms about this is ridiculous to me. I know plenty of folks that are also fans of other schools that also support App, both as a fan and financially.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm

appgrad98 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:53 am
The fact that Eric Church is supportive of UNC which is also coaches by two former Mountaineer Coaches doesn't bother me at all. The way some people get up in arms about this is ridiculous to me. I know plenty of folks that are also fans of other schools that also support App, both as a fan and financially.
That money that goes to UNC could be going to Yosef.
YNWA

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:42 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm
appgrad98 wrote:
Didn't really want to get involved in this but do we know that he gives money to UNC? Do we know that he doesn't give to Yosef Club?
WE ARE YOSEF!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:20 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:42 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appgrad98 wrote:
Didn't really want to get involved in this but do we know that he gives money to UNC? Do we know that he doesn't give to Yosef Club?
When he promotes UNC-CH in concerts, games, and on TV, he is drawing attention and thus money to UNC.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:29 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:20 pm
goapps93 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appgrad98 wrote:
When he promotes UNC-CH in concerts, games, and on TV, he is drawing attention and thus money to UNC.
You're right but that wasn't the point nor what I was asking about.
WE ARE YOSEF!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:47 pm

My first 10% goes to God and then Yosef.
The Appalachian State

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:36 pm

ah59396 wrote:
appgrad98 wrote:
I’m not a fan of his relationship with CHeat, but it’s none of my business what he does with his money.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:09 pm

There are a lot of ways for someone like him to support his school other than monetarily. If he went to a fraction of the effort to promote App as he does UNC, I bet it would benefit App more than the money he actually donates. It’s not like UNC needs the money or exposure to get their name out there; App does.
Luke Combs likes UNC as well, but I’ve never heard his voice on a Carolina commercial or heard him hyping a UNC crowd when they are playing App or seen an article about him attending a Carolina football game in all baby blue attire.
I don’t care if you like other schools than App, but when you go out of your way to promote the one that isn’t your alma mater, I have a problem with that

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:04 am

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:36 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appgrad98 wrote:
I’m not a fan of his relationship with CHeat, but it’s none of my business what he does with his money.
I wasn’t speaking specifically about Church, I have no clue what he does.

I read appgrad98’s post as saying they know “plenty of folks that are also fans of other schools that also support App, both as a fan and financially” to mean they know plenty of App people sending money to Carolina.

I could definitely be misreading that. And while it’s not my business, I can definitely gripe obnoxiously about it.

Yosef club only has like 3000 members. We need as many fully engaged Mountaineers as possible if we want App to be what we dream it can be. And I refuse to feel bad about wanting that.
YNWA

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:18 am

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:04 am
AppinVA wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appgrad98 wrote:

I read appgrad98’s post as saying they know “plenty of folks that are also fans of other schools that also support App, both as a fan and financially” to mean they know plenty of App people sending money to Carolina.

I could definitely be misreading that. And while it’s not my business, I can definitely gripe obnoxiously about it.

Yosef club only has like 3000 members. We need as many fully engaged Mountaineers as possible if we want App to be what we dream it can be. And I refuse to feel bad about wanting that.
I agree with 90 percent of what you say. However, I tap the brakes any time someone suggests what another person should do with their money.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appgrad98

Unread post by appgrad98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:36 am

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:04 am
AppinVA wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appgrad98 wrote:

My comments were that I know many folks that pull for other schools as well, but send their money to App.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:39 am

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:29 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:20 pm
goapps93 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appgrad98 wrote:
You're right but that wasn't the point nor what I was asking about.
i misinterpreted then because i was responding to the part about does he give money to UNC, only, and he does indirectly.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:59 am

The Rock wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:09 pm
There are a lot of ways for someone like him to support his school other than monetarily. If he went to a fraction of the effort to promote App as he does UNC, I bet it would benefit App more than the money he actually donates. It’s not like UNC needs the money or exposure to get their name out there; App does.
Luke Combs likes UNC as well, but I’ve never heard his voice on a Carolina commercial or heard him hyping a UNC crowd when they are playing App or seen an article about him attending a Carolina football game in all baby blue attire.
I don’t care if you like other schools than App, but when you go out of your way to promote the one that isn’t your alma mater, I have a problem with that
"or heard him hyping a UNC crowd when they are playing App or seen an article about him attending a Carolina football game in all baby blue attire."
This is exactly my problem with the other guy. If he want's to give money to another school I don't understand it but it is his money. When I went to our game at unc and looked up and saw him in baby blue AT OUR GAME that was it. He is a jerk plain and simple.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:47 pm

A tale as old as time...the MMB pearl clutching over someone’s choices in spending their money.
Give 'em hell!

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:00 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:10 am

for the closet and outward tarhole fans:
1. normalizing the institutional cheating that happened for decades is not right. UNC perpetuated the largest instance of academic fraud in college sports history, and deserves to be punished for stealing an education from so many athletes in order to make a buck. Since our world is not just, they won't.
2. UNC uses its dominant athletic position to maintain the status quo. They take the lions share of resources and give App (through the UNCBOG-dominated by UNC grads) the LOWEST /STUDENT FUNDING IN THE UNC SYSTEM. UNC understands the connection between sports and politics, which is why they were willing to risk their accreditation in order to maintain athletic superiority.

yes, you are a very small cog in a huge machine, but if we take away enough of those cogs, we can start to balance the scales a little bit.

Country music singers aside this is where I can agree with MMB'rs pearl clutching about where other people send their money. Any small fandom I had for the Heels growing up evaporated over this. Fk em.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”