Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Eric Church

APPRIDE
School: Appalachian State

Re: Eric Church

Unread post by APPRIDE » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:55 pm

The point is one of our most high profile alums ever publicly adores and promotes another school that he did not attend. It sure would be nice to see him repping App this weekend rather than UNC.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:09 pm

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/dsohf/facilities

Please read through the list of treatment facilities and pick one that is closest to you. Please check in as soon as you can because some of you have a legit problem. I truly worry about some of you.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:10 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:37 pm
APPRIDE wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:31 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:01 pm
Can we amend the banner at the top to “No political posts, no Eric Church posts”? This gets old. It’s the same argument over and over and over.
so your cool with him if he sings the national anthem wearing UNC gear at the biggest televised sporting event in the country?
I don’t give a rats ass what he does. It’s his life, he’s free to live it however he sees fit. Who am I to judge another?
Seriously...Why do people care what he does? Maybe he had a bad experience at App. I hear plenty of people that started their education at App and left because they hated it. (How could you possibly have had a bad time at App????) Maybe some HOT App girl broke his heart and he never got over it. Maybe some App music professors told him his music sucks. Who knows?? It is his right to live his life wherever and however he wants to live it. I plan on retiring and attending every App event I can....if all of a sudden someone said I could only attend UNC games, I would be down right DEPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:56 am

He's a flake. Very few people graduate from one college and outwardly root for and support a different one.

It is annoying, however he can do what he wants, it's his life. The SB is great exposure for him. I don't know him and not a fan of his music, so I don't care what he does.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:22 am

Why should we care. An individual has a right to be a fan of whatever college they would like. No rule or unwritten rule that says you have to be a fan of the school that you attend... Or that you cannot be a fan of another school. I would venture to guess that high percentage of people are fans of the school they attend but no requirement. Do not know the guy and do not listen to much country music and cannot name a song of his. With that said, if I did predominantly listen to country music and I thought the particular song was good, I would probably listen. Embrace what we got such Luke Combs. App St Strong
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:27 pm

If the dude donates big to us, pls leave him the eff alone.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:49 pm

I really don’t care. It’s his insecurity he needs to deal with.

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:46 pm

I’ll never understand such the butt-hurtness over one alumni (albeit a rich and famous one), when there are 125,000 living alums, and a mere 3,500 active YC members. Look at the forest... not the trees. And again, my wife’s a Carolina alum, and I wear their colors to their games (except against us), and she wears black and gold to Boone (much more often, but never will against them). And we give equally to YC and Rams Club. Why not bash the other 120k+ alumni (some of whom must certainly be millionaires) that don’t give jack, pull for a P5 school (if they pull at all), and could give a rat’s ass about App State? I am embarrassed to feel compelled to type this. This thread and the whole EC thing is so “little brotherish”... something I’ve never bought into, and that I think we should be way over by now.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:48 am

Not only grads, but what about former athletes? I’m sure there are more than 4,000 over the years. How many are not Yosef members?
Bring Your A Game!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:18 am

Wanting those who have achieved levels of notoriety to endorse App drive the disappointment with Eric. That endorsement many feel enhances our status in the P5 world. That may have been true years ago but the world knows who App is. Our name is pronounced correctly and we are relevant both academically and on the field. It would be nice if Eric gave us Luke Combs props but we really don’t need it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”