Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pruitt Gone at Tennessee

Bootsy
School: Appalachian State

Re: Pruitt Gone at Tennessee

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:03 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:14 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:12 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:07 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Actual Fulmer is "retiring," so they'll need a new AD and head coach.

Rumors out of Knoxville are that Tennessee is facing Level 1 violations, so whoever comes in will have to weather a big storm.

A Tennessee athletics director and head coaching search at the same time is popcorn material. I do fear they will go after Gillin.
Gillin (or any other AD worth their salt) would be an idiot to go to UT with what they're facing. Their fanbase will likely demand someone with ties to the school, anyway.

At some point, some P5 school will come calling and we won't be able to retain DG. I understand this and accept it. Just hope it isn't for another couple of years.
Their fanbase has been screaming Hugh Freeze for a while now, which is funny now that they are facing those level 1 infractions.
You should try living here. I’ll put their fan’s delusion up against anyone’s
Some on this board would fence with ya on that statement. ECU Pirate fans also take delusion to a whole new level, and they never even won a national championship.

Don't they get tired of talking about beating NCSU in Peach Bowl back in '92? They remind me of Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:10 am

Bootsy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:03 am
Seattleapp wrote:
NavyApp wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Rumors out of Knoxville are that Tennessee is facing Level 1 violations, so whoever comes in will have to weather a big storm.

A Tennessee athletics director and head coaching search at the same time is popcorn material. I do fear they will go after Gillin.
Gillin (or any other AD worth their salt) would be an idiot to go to UT with what they're facing. Their fanbase will likely demand someone with ties to the school, anyway.

At some point, some P5 school will come calling and we won't be able to retain DG. I understand this and accept it. Just hope it isn't for another couple of years.
Their fanbase has been screaming Hugh Freeze for a while now, which is funny now that they are facing those level 1 infractions.
Some on this board would fence with ya on that statement. ECU Pirate fans also take delusion to a whole new level, and they never even won a national championship.

Don't they get tired of talking about beating NCSU in Peach Bowl back in '92? They remind me of Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
Hahaha. That’s funny. There’s a reason no one wants this Tennessee head coaching job. The problem with Tennessee is they are the only game in town in the entire state . They have no natural rival to break up the fanbase. You guys are gonna have to take my word for it. Try trolling vol nation sometime.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:10 am
Bootsy wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
NavyApp wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Hahaha. That’s funny. There’s a reason no one wants this Tennessee head coaching job. The problem with Tennessee is they are the only game in town in the entire state . They have no natural rival to break up the fanbase. You guys are gonna have to take my word for it. Try trolling vol nation sometime.
Fun new rumor amongst vol nation: Kiffin has made calls to Boosters about taking the UT job. The amount of people I see pining for him and Freeze makes me laugh. He left you once he'll do it again(if its even true) plus all the sanctions about to be headed that way. I will say this though, hiring Danny White was a great move on their part.

Im just going to sit back and watch the train wreck that is vol nation on Twitter, its good for a couple of laughs a day!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:15 am

With UT-k hiring AD White away from UCF, will the Knights make a play for Gillin?
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:23 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:10 am
Bootsy wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
NavyApp wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

You are appsolutely 100% correct. I lived in nearby Morristown for 3 years and the only person I ever saw wearing a Vanderbilt shirt was a homeless guy. Beyond that, some sporadic UNC stuff. Manning was in school when I was there and they named all the babies Peyton. During the summer you could listen to old UT games broadcast in Walmart. For Homecoming, one radio station went to 24 hours of Rocky Top. I grew to hate orange.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:37 am

Bootsy wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
NavyApp wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

at least Tennessee is actually in the SEC and has won a natty in Football and 12903128 in Womens BBALL. The title for most delusional fanbase will always go through concord.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Maybe App dodges a bullet if this article has any merit.

https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/kn ... anny-white

Some interesting peer AD names on this list:
Mike Hill (UNCC)
Bryan Maggard (ULLLLLLLLw)
Wren Baker (NT)
Eric Wood (LATech)
Brian White (FAU---Danny's brother)
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

citroknight
School: UCF

Unread post by citroknight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:23 am

moonshine wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:57 pm
Maybe App dodges a bullet if this article has any merit.

https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/kn ... anny-white

Some interesting peer AD names on this list:
Mike Hill (UNCC)
Bryan Maggard (ULLLLLLLLw)
Wren Baker (NT)
Eric Wood (LATech)
Brian White (FAU---Danny's brother)
It's wide open but I wouldn't put stock in that article only because they make it clear it's just their list as writers and UCF fans. So for now there's not much hint of what the UCF admin actually wants.

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:30 am

NavyApp wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 am
citroknight wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:25 am
T-Dog wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:31 pm
Tennessee has already decided to hire UCF's Danny White as its new AD, which is an excellent move. The UCF job, in turn, is one I worry about in regards to Gillin. That's one of the best non-P5 jobs in the country.
Losing Danny White is a big blow for us. While our fan base was down about losing Frost, the key was the architect of our athletic department's recent surge.

But this comes with the territory of being a G5. Even a competitive one. Curious to see who we attract as candidates. Your AD definitely deserves a look. Though I wonder if the budget crunching across the country will make us go cheaper by either going for an assistant AD, maybe even an internal candidate.
I wonder if White tries to bring Heupel with him. I know their fans think they deserve the second coming but the honest assessment is the HC job is not a desirable one at the moment. This will definitely be an interesting soap opera to watch.
Some UCF fans want him to because they've soured on Heupel. I think they put too much stock into a covid wrecked season that had us lose defensive opt outs before the season and then dismiss 4 starters during the season.

But knowing how he operated in our 2 hires, he wants to make a splash but usually thinks creatively.

For our 2015 hire, apparently Schiano was plan 1A but slow played us because he wanted Miami. White noticed and moved onto 1B, Frost. In 2017, I think Sumlin was our initial top target. But he was slow playing us even way earlier and more obviously than Schiano so he quickly was ruled out and we moved onto Heupel.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:56 am

moonshine wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:15 am
With UT-k hiring AD White away from UCF, will the Knights make a play for Gillin?
Yes
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:46 am

Is Gillin a target to be AD at a bigger school? Some say yes, some say no.

We're only 23 days into the new year and it's already been a clown show, par none. So anything can happen and I doubt any of us would be surprised, would we?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Gillin was a finalist for the Cincinnati AD job not that long ago. He got a nice pay raise from the App BOT around that time.

This speculation isn't going to change in the near future unless the football team craters.

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:03 am

Aaaaaand Danny White takes Heupel to Tennessee with him. Wow. I may need to bandwagon with y'all this season haha. Could be a bumpy transition year for us though I'm sure both the AD and HC job will attract a lot of good candidates.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:15 am

citroknight wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:03 am
Aaaaaand Danny White takes Heupel to Tennessee with him. Wow. I may need to bandwagon with y'all this season haha. Could be a bumpy transition year for us though I'm sure both the AD and HC job will attract a lot of good candidates.
You may have answered this previously, but I’d be interested to know your thoughts on Heupel. From the outside, his record of taking over an undefeated team and having progressively worse records every year does not look impressive. At the least, a head-scratching hire for UT. Not sure if it says more about the status of that job right now or White’s belief in Heupel.

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:59 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:15 am
citroknight wrote:
You may have answered this previously, but I’d be interested to know your thoughts on Heupel. From the outside, his record of taking over an undefeated team and having progressively worse records every year does not look impressive. At the least, a head-scratching hire for UT. Not sure if it says more about the status of that job right now or White’s belief in Heupel.
I think he's a solid coach. I personally give him a pass for 2020. We had a ton of opt outs including key defensive starters. Then we had an incident where players were speeding on campus, had a gun and other issues. 4 defensive starters booted from the team. So without those issues we do better. But the question is could he get us back to a 0-2 loss range or would we remain a 8-10 win team every year.

I think it says a little of both. Plenty of good candidates turned it down. It's been a cluster with meddling boosters, but now it's worse with the impending sanctions headed their way. So White reaches deep for like Plan G but goes for a known commodity. A decent enough coach who he knows won't be a compliance nightmare while they're on sanctions. If he overachieves, White looks like a genius. If he doesn't, the hope is he at least stabilizes the program and rides out the sanction storm before White can then replace him when the job is more attractive.

ASU_Victory_Lap

Unread post by ASU_Victory_Lap » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 am

citroknight wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:59 am
EastHallApp wrote:
citroknight wrote:
I think he's a solid coach. I personally give him a pass for 2020. We had a ton of opt outs including key defensive starters. Then we had an incident where players were speeding on campus, had a gun and other issues. 4 defensive starters booted from the team. So without those issues we do better. But the question is could he get us back to a 0-2 loss range or would we remain a 8-10 win team every year.

I think it says a little of both. Plenty of good candidates turned it down. It's been a cluster with meddling boosters, but now it's worse with the impending sanctions headed their way. So White reaches deep for like Plan G but goes for a known commodity. A decent enough coach who he knows won't be a compliance nightmare while they're on sanctions. If he overachieves, White looks like a genius. If he doesn't, the hope is he at least stabilizes the program and rides out the sanction storm before White can then replace him when the job is more attractive.
Guns and speeding issues? Now I see why Tennessee got him. Right in their wheelhouse.

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:39 am

ASU_Victory_Lap wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 am
citroknight wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:59 am
EastHallApp wrote:
citroknight wrote:

Guns and speeding issues? Now I see why Tennessee got him. Right in their wheelhouse.
They can try to start fresh. But deep down, Tennessee gonna Tennessee.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:40 am

I have spoken with several UCF alums this morning and none of them are upset that Heupel is gone. The students have been calling for Heupel's head since at least last year as well. What does concern the alums is the combined loss of White, Heupel and whoever he takes with him to Tennessee including coaches and players. There is real concern that he will bring Gabriel with him to Tennessee and that would be a big loss for UCF. I live an hour from campus and know a ton of kids that currently attend as well as a lot of alums, and I would say at best the majority of fans were luke warm with Heupel.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:53 am

I work with some folks who are huge UT fans and can get some reliable information. According to them, Matt Campbell and James Franklin each turned down an offer of $7.5 million per year from UT this morning. Supposedly, the pending sanctions were the deal-breaker. After that, White had to turn to someone he knew he could get.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:12 am

appst89 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:53 am
I work with some folks who are huge UT fans and can get some reliable information. According to them, Matt Campbell and James Franklin each turned down an offer of $7.5 million per year from UT this morning. Supposedly, the pending sanctions were the deal-breaker. After that, White had to turn to someone he knew he could get.
I’m sure the sanctions made it a non-starter, but Franklin is already at a better job than Tennessee and Campbell will likely have better options very soon if he hasn’t already.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”