Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Auburn football facility

goapps
School: Appalachian State

Auburn football facility

Unread post by goapps » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:23 am

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/ ... llion.html
Auburn’s new football facility is estimated to cost $91.9 million and will include two recording studios, flight simulator and barbershop.

GastonApp09

Re: Auburn football facility

Unread post by GastonApp09 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:24 am

Flight sim? Well...I guess when you have money to blow you can come up with some cool ideas.
Body stuck in Gaston County...heart stuck in Boone! Go Apps!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:25 am

all that and they still have a mediocre football program..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:52 pm

Recording studios are a great idea. Way to promote the one other thing to minorities that are incredibly hard to obtain. Famous musician or professional athlete. Does that university not have a president?

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:53 pm

It's getting a bit ridiculous. (or already has, I guess.)
WE ARE YOSEF!

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Alabama...last in education...first in football facilities. Well, maybe not exactly, but you get the picture.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:34 pm

That is the most tone deaf addition to facilities I’ve ever heard of.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:52 pm

To shout out to Jay Bilas in reference to paying athletes......"there just isnt enough money"

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:13 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:02 pm
Alabama...last in education...first in football facilities. Well, maybe not exactly, but you get the picture.
Two things:

One facility this is a ridiculous misuse of assets that could be used in many other ways.

Two Alabama and Auburn academia are much improved. For the past decade they’ll offered in-state tuition rates to high achieving out of state candidates. Great way to boost your status.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:06 am

GastonApp09 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:24 am
Flight sim? Well...I guess when you have money to blow you can come up with some cool ideas.
They do have a Flight School ( pilot license) and their own airfield, makes sense to me.
Bring Your A Game!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:11 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:13 pm
yosef13 wrote:
Two things:

One facility this is a ridiculous misuse of assets that could be used in many other ways.

Two Alabama and Auburn academia are much improved. For the past decade they’ll offered in-state tuition rates to high achieving out of state candidates. Great way to boost your status.
On the tuition and academic front, I believe that Auburn’s engineering program is fairly highly regarded and the Information Systems program at Alabama is extremely well regarded. Many companies here in NC recruit IT there (and knowing many of their graduates, they are top notch).
Give 'em hell!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:27 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:11 am
Saint3333 wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
Two things:

On the tuition and academic front, I believe that Auburn’s engineering program is fairly highly regarded and the Information Systems program at Alabama is extremely well regarded. Many companies here in NC recruit IT there (and knowing many of their graduates, they are top notch).

I may be going out on a limb here but I believe yosef13 was referring to the public school rankings. I have included a link below from usnews.com. Their table combines k-12 and Higher education that are publicly funded by state. Alabama is ranked 50th(49th for k-12 and 47th for Higher Ed). For comparison sake NC is 25th(28th for k-12 and 12th for Higher ed). Again I could be completely wrong about the intent of yosef13.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... /education
FREQS AND GEEKS!

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:45 am

I think a flight simulator and other in-house entertainment is cool. Or we could just send everyone to the Frat Party to drink, smoke and get in trouble with the law.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:08 am

huskie3 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:06 am
GastonApp09 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:24 am
They do have a Flight School ( pilot license) and their own airfield, makes sense to me.
Assuming that is the intended purpose, that actually makes sense! Until you brought this actual fact into the conversation, it seemed like a very random inclusion. I'm not sure about the recording studios, but I was assuming they have a use other than entertainment for the football team as well (hopefully).

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:17 am

mike87 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:45 am
I think a flight simulator and other in-house entertainment is cool. Or we could just send everyone to the Frat Party to drink, smoke and get in trouble with the law.
I see what you did there...
Give 'em hell!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:23 am

NavyApp wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:27 am
BeauFoster wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
Two things:

I may be going out on a limb here but I believe yosef13 was referring to the public school rankings. I have included a link below from usnews.com. Their table combines k-12 and Higher education that are publicly funded by state. Alabama is ranked 50th(49th for k-12 and 47th for Higher Ed). For comparison sake NC is 25th(28th for k-12 and 12th for Higher ed). Again I could be completely wrong about the intent of yosef13.

Possibly so (probably so).

Reading the article, it sounded like the facility will be funded by bonds, which will be serviced by the Auburn Athletic Department, which will be funded by donors (at least in large majority). I run the risk of getting dangerously close to political talk here, but I personally believe that if it is funded by private donations, then they can pretty much do whatever they want. Would it probably be of better use to fund educational programs? Yeah, but it's hard for me to say to a private citizen where their money should go. I just don't think that's right to do that. I try to not silently judge where/how others spend their money. It's none of my business.

Now if the state were paying for this facility in whole (or large majority), then yeah, people should yell loudly. Similar to how we had the old cliché here in NC - "First in roads, last in education!". Tax money is different from private money (I'm gonna stay out of the whole taxation situation and just assume status quo).
Give 'em hell!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:28 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:23 am
NavyApp wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:27 am
BeauFoster wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
Two things:

Possibly so (probably so).

Reading the article, it sounded like the facility will be funded by bonds, which will be serviced by the Auburn Athletic Department, which will be funded by donors (at least in large majority). I run the risk of getting dangerously close to political talk here, but I personally believe that if it is funded by private donations, then they can pretty much do whatever they want. Would it probably be of better use to fund educational programs? Yeah, but it's hard for me to say to a private citizen where their money should go. I just don't think that's right to do that. I try to not silently judge where/how others spend their money. It's none of my business.

Now if the state were paying for this facility in whole (or large majority), then yeah, people should yell loudly. Similar to how we had the old cliché here in NC - "First in roads, last in education!". Tax money is different from private money (I'm gonna stay out of the whole taxation situation and just assume status quo).
Oh I completely agree. I could care less how anyone else spends their money. I was trying to provide some context to the statement yosef13 made. What Auburn, Bama or any other school does means very little to me. Not my chair, not my problem.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am

The barbershop idea is pretty cool. I doubt there are many, if any, places for a large number of our athletes to get their hair cut by a professional in Boone. If that were to help them feel more comfortable on the mountain, I’m all for it.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:38 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am
The barbershop idea is pretty cool. I doubt there are many, if any, places for a large number of our athletes to get their hair cut by a professional in Boone. If that were to help them feel more comfortable on the mountain, I’m all for it.
Was thinking same thing

Approx 100 guys getting cuts every couple weeks works out good, they spend less time running around looking for barber. Players also like it.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:43 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
Two things:

At one time App State Physics offered a 3-2 dual degree program with Auburn Engineering. That seems to have stopped. All I could find now is a dual degree with NCSU.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”