Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

On another note…Satterfield had a terrible day

Gears
School: Appalachian State

On another note…Satterfield had a terrible day

Unread post by Gears » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:55 pm

From one of the Louisville Football forums…“Where are you now? 30-13 to start the 4th and lose? I said before this game could go either way, but to choke that badly? Not good. Get that hick, country bumpkin outta here. He’s a fish out of water.”

AppinVA

Re: On another note…Satterfield had a terrible day

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:01 pm

Gears wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:55 pm
From one of the Louisville Football forums…“Where are you now? 30-13 to start the 4th and lose? I said before this game could go either way, but to choke that badly? Not good. Get that hick, country bumpkin outta here. He’s a fish out of water.”
I figure this time next year he will be at Duke. I hope so. I’m tired of having to pull for those idiots.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:31 pm

Satt's had a lot of bad circumstances and decisions that can be seen as individual nails in the coffin.

Today's lost was different: it was like a Hilti nail gun got loose and went wild.

Waiting for the inevitable "We 100% support Coach Satterfield" press conference from the Louisville leadership, only to see dude get the gate a week later. Then you'll see his wife on TV celebrating along with the disgruntled UL fans, since she didn't want to move there anyway.

Unfortunate to see all of this happening for him.

goapps

Unread post by goapps » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:34 pm

Gears wrote:
It's gotta hurt when someone from Kentucky calls you a "hick country bumpkin" :lol:

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:42 pm

goapps wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:34 pm
Gears wrote:
It's gotta hurt when someone from Kentucky calls you a "hick country bumpkin" :lol:
Pot meet kettle, so to speak.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:57 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Gears wrote:
I figure this time next year he will be at Duke. I hope so. I’m tired of having to pull for those idiots.
Well if the Holes keep sucking (which I hope they do it brings me great joy!), Mack may have an Urben-esque medical issue forcing him to retire leaving that job open again. How weird would it be to see Satt as the HC on the wrong sideline in KBS?
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Oldlknapp

Unread post by Oldlknapp » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:28 am

Like everyone else, I was shocked at their collapse in Q4.
But before we put the final nail in his coffin, remember that before Satterfield walked into that dumpster fire, UL only won two games (2-10, 0-8). Since then they have won 15 games.
However, I must SMH when I look at the formidable rest of schedule facing them.
I wish him the best.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:04 am

NavyApp wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:57 am
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Gears wrote:
Well if the Holes keep sucking (which I hope they do it brings me great joy!), Mack may have an Urben-esque medical issue forcing him to retire leaving that job open again. How weird would it be to see Satt as the HC on the wrong sideline in KBS?
About as pleasant as an orange juice/toothpaste cocktail with bits of aluminum foil for ice.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:24 am

I watched basically the entire game - they played great for 3 quarters - personally I thought the defense stopped being aggressive in the 4th and laid back and UVA's QB is just too good to give that kind of time - he made some great throws - offensively they went down the field in 22 seconds but their kicker missed a very makeable FG - I hate it for him because he has too much class for those red-neck KY idiots - I guess they could always welcome their cheating lying coach back for a 3rd time ???

I can't pull for him if he ever does end up at UNC
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:28 pm

I can't imagine Satterfield landing at UNC if things do go badly for him at Louisville after this season. The UNC crowd would never welcome an in-conference coach who had be bought out under those conditions. They'll look for a splashy hire. Maybe that's just wishful thinking since I would really hate to see him coaching at UNC.

If he winds up at Duke, that could be ok. I'm not a Duke fan, but I don't have the active dislike for them that I have to the Tarheels.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:11 pm

agree - he isn't part of the "Family" - Thank You Jesus
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:18 pm

You know....Bama might have a Defensive Coordinator that UNC could get. Maybe they could go that route. :-D

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:37 am

We brought back Mark Spier as an assistant. Why not bring Scotty Big Bucks home too? After ACC HC money I’m sure he’d take an unpaid gig to help out the alma mater.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:43 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:37 am
We brought back Mark Spier as an assistant. Why not bring Scotty Big Bucks home too? After ACC HC money I’m sure he’d take an unpaid gig to help out the alma mater.
He don't need to volunteer here. He will get another shot at HC somewhere. It's not like UL has done that bad, just unrealistic expectations from that fan base. I think Brian Brown may be like Nate Woody was at App in year 2-3. Don't have the right personnel to fully execute the Defense they want to have. Hopefully he gets another 1-2 years to get a good idea of what he can actually do

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:48 am

What is this...year 3 with a covid year in between? for heaven's sake UL needs to WTF up and let the man fix that place. It will take 2 more years

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:01 am

APPdiesel wrote:
I know you’re joking, but for those who may not be, we’ve moved on. I will most always pull for Satt teams (unless he winds up at CHeat or stink, UNC-Harrisburg, etc.), but here is not an option anymore. It would create too much division. Same goes for Elliott.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:06 am

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:01 am
APPdiesel wrote:
I know you’re joking, but for those who may not be, we’ve moved on. I will most always pull for Satt teams (unless he winds up at CHeat or stink, UNC-Harrisburg, etc.), but here is not an option anymore. It would create too much division. Same goes for Elliott.
Honest question: why would bringing him back create division and with who would it be with?
FREQS AND GEEKS!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:21 am

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:01 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Disagree.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:28 pm
I can't imagine Satterfield landing at UNC if things do go badly for him at Louisville after this season. The UNC crowd would never welcome an in-conference coach who had be bought out under those conditions. They'll look for a splashy hire. Maybe that's just wishful thinking since I would really hate to see him coaching at UNC.

If he winds up at Duke, that could be ok. I'm not a Duke fan, but I don't have the active dislike for them that I have to the Tarheels.
If Satt finishes below .500 again, no P5 fanbase would be excited to hire him after this year. Frankly I don't know why people assume Duke would be such a slam dunk for him in that scenario. Maybe they hire him because they're Duke. It would be a great move for him because he's probably at the end of the window where he can leave voluntarily to "reset the clock," if that window isn't closed already. But it doesn't strike me as a sure thing.

If Satt doesn't turn it around at UL, I think his next job will be either G5 HC or P5 OC.

Also, no way UNC lets Mack go after this year, nor can I see him leaving assuming his health is good.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:51 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:28 pm

If Satt finishes below .500 again, no P5 fanbase would be excited to hire him after this year. Frankly I don't know why people assume Duke would be such a slam dunk for him in that scenario. Maybe they hire him because they're Duke. It would be a great move for him because he's probably at the end of the window where he can leave voluntarily to "reset the clock," if that window isn't closed already. But it doesn't strike me as a sure thing.

If Satt doesn't turn it around at UL, I think his next job will be either G5 HC or P5 OC.

Also, no way UNC lets Mack go after this year, nor can I see him leaving assuming his health is good.
Agree.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”