Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sorry “ass” Tar Heels lose again.

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Sorry “ass” Tar Heels lose again.

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:08 pm

I find somewhat comical that this university gets so much traction on this forum...whether this thread or, indirectly through a recurring Eric Church thread...or other Heels related threads ..and that they are not just part of the "Other Games Thread"..as they do not give us a second thought.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:39 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:14 pm
Wake over St because of head to head.

Unc is 3rd if we are taking the teams on the field now. UNC actually played at a high level the second half of the season. They figured out what to do without their 2 1k rushers from last year. It took them a bit though because I don't think Brown is actually the coach at this point. Their last 6 are W miami, 44-34 to #11 ND, W to #9 Wake, OT loss 30-23 to #21 Pitt, Wofford W barely matters, 34-30 L to NCSU that UNC should have won but I blame that one on coaching. Point being, that is a lot of close football with ranked teams.

App is 4th. I think we play it close with State or Wake but they both have a deep level of talent for a change. I don't think we consistently beat them. UNC beat Miami, we didn't. Yes I realize that Miami beat State which is States big blemish this year...because that is just what that program does. I still don't see us beating State right now. If we didn't get waxed by the Cajuns I think there could be more debate.

The most confusing part is the last 3. I think its harder to compare bad teams than good teams.
App could and would hang with any NC team. UNC beat Miami at home....we had to play at Miami. Home field is worth at least 3 points. We would hang with all. I would bet on App vs all of the NC teams if we got them at home.

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:59 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:08 pm
I find somewhat comical that this university gets so much traction on this forum...whether this thread or, indirectly through a recurring Eric Church thread...or other Heels related threads ..and that they are not just part of the "Other Games Thread"..as they do not give us a second thought.
It's kinda like Bin Laden. He may not have known me or posted about me but I still found joy in his downfall.
The mountains are calling and I must go

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:11 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
They deserve all the hate they can get.

We know you are a fan.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:07 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
That’s because Eric Church is a BUM

But you are right, they don’t give a flip about us. In a way, it reminds me of the relationship we have with the Catamounts.

We don’t give Western the time of day here, and yet if you read their board they mention us constantly.
YNWA

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:59 am

Similar to the the Brooks to Bryson quote. From the Heels to this forum. "It's nice to be living rent free on this forum".
Of course I am a Heels fan when not pulling for App. St. However, that is not why I made the comment. I would make the same comment if it were NC State, Dook or WF. To me, it is not different than giving Coastal a separate thread on this forum when it is not Coastal week. On one hand, posters say they are one year wonders but we add legitimacy to them being our rival with a separate thread not on game week. I would not have put any discussions related to CCU in Other Games Thread when not game week..and I hate. That is just me. But this is a forum and people can post what they like which makes the forum interesting. It would be comical if it were any P5 team that we have various separate threads not on a game week.
But to get this forum attention, all you need is to mention something in the vicinity of a topic of the Heels and it goes crazy interesting with comments. That is comical today, will be tomorrow and a decade from now whatever P5 university is getting multiple separate threads that is not on the week we play them. It makes this forum fun and makes me laugh.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:03 am

CheckYosef94 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:59 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
It's kinda like Bin Laden. He may not have known me or posted about me but I still found joy in his downfall.
That’s insulting to Bin Laden to be compared to UNC.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 am

When you are talking about this ranking you have to remember they are playing P5s every week and we are not. It's like all the other ranking like best defense in the country. We are not all playing the same level of competition. Fun? You bet. Accurate? Not so much.
With that said unc still sucks.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:54 am

bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 am
When you are talking about this ranking you have to remember they are playing P5s every week and we are not. It's like all the other ranking like best defense in the country. We are not all playing the same level of competition. Fun? You bet. Accurate? Not so much.
Same could be said about the NFC North but they still have access to the playoffs.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:01 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:54 am
bcoach wrote:
Same could be said about the NFC North but they still have access to the playoffs.
?

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:39 am

bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:01 am
spacemonkey wrote:
bcoach wrote:
?
Not playing the same level of competitions but the winner of the division still gets a shot at the playoffs. If we had a shot at the playoffs...rankings would matter far less.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:17 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:39 am
bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:01 am
spacemonkey wrote:
bcoach wrote:
?
Not playing the same level of competitions but the winner of the division still gets a shot at the playoffs. If we had a shot at the playoffs...rankings would matter far less.
I was referring to the rankings in this post. The instate rankings.

appst1992

Unread post by appst1992 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:58 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:50 pm
Well I agree that with the top 3 it would be a toss-up - State has beaten better teams than we have but with our defense and OL I would like our chances ---

Let me ask this - If APP was ranked in the Top 10 at the beginning of the season with a QB in the Heisman mix and we finished 6-6 and had to beat Wofford to become bowl eligible what would be said on this board???

with losses to 3-8 Ga Tech, 5-6 VT and to FL State who was 1-4 at the time

and let's not forget about coaching in the last few minutes - 9 point lead with just over 2 minutes and NCS has a WR wide open down the sideline for a TD - then the pathetic on-side kick display - then 2 stupid 15 yards penalties and then another TD pass -
Even if this was Jerry Moore who was the coach this board and many of our fans would go nuts - but somehow Mack Brown is a great coach???
Our OL?? Do you think our OL is exceptional?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:30 pm

How many college football teams are “exceptional “ in every aspect (lines, backers, secondary, QB, receivers, special teams, etc)? I would say ours has been pretty good this year.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:02 pm

They have been named a semi-finalist for the OL award -
https://appstatesports.com/news/2021/11 ... alist.aspx
App State OL Named Joe Moore Award Semifinalist
Story LinksBOONE, N.C. — App State's offensive line has been named one of 13 semifinalists for the Joe Moore Award, which is given annually to the top offensive line in college football.

With finalists being named Dec. 7, the other semifinalists come from Air Force, Arkansas, Baylor, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, Oregon State and Wisconsin. App State has been recognized as a top-15 line nationally by the Joe Moore Award in three of the last four seasons.
Coached by Nic Cardwell, a six-man rotation up front features center Baer Hunter, right tackle Cooper Hodges, left tackle Anderson Hardy and three guards: Damion Daley, Isaiah Helms and Luke Smith.

App State ranks No. 3 nationally with only eight sacks allowed in 11 games and has the 10th-lowest percentage for quarterback pressures allowed. The Mountaineers are one of only two FBS teams with more than 300 passing attempts and less than 10 sacks allowed and one of only two FBS teams with two backs averaging at least 80.0 rushing yards per game.

"App State continues to put themselves in the conversation by having an edge and chippiness to their style of play," according to the Joe Moore Award committee. "They seem to excel in the 'Gotta Have Its' and goal line plays and work combos with a consistency that is fun to watch."

The eight sacks allowed have come with 324 pass attempts against defenses that have totaled 299 sacks (or 2.7 per game) when not playing App State. The Mountaineers have allowed one sack in the last five games following a no-sack performance by a Troy defense that had 36 in its first 10 games.

In the running game, Nate Noel leads the Sun Belt in rushing (1,013 yards this season, 92.1 per game) and Camerun Peoples (82.1 yards per game) leads the league with 13 rushing TDs. According to PFF, Noel has 26 rush attempts this season in which he's gained at least 6 yards before being touched.

With the six-man rotation on the line, three of the four interior linemen began their college careers as defensive linemen.

Print Friendly Version
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 pm

Y'all can argue anything but no one can argue that Mack looks great in a puffy down coat.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 pm
Y'all can argue anything but no one can argue that Mack looks great in a puffy down coat.
Yes he looks great after a quart of wine which is what he looks like he drank!

JPatH3292

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:54 am

Gonna be a rowdy game in Boone on September 3rd

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:26 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Possibly true, but Sam Howell still checks under the bed for DT before turning out the light.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 am

Speaking of the puffy jacket, why does a university football program have an emblem of a basketball player on their football attire on saturdays?!?!? I know Jordan was great but come on!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”