Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cignetti

User avatar
AppYosef!
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by AppYosef! » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:10 pm

I wonder if he will hire his brother as Offensive Coordinator. I believe Frank is available after recently being let go by Pitt.

Apple@chin1
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:19 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hobe Sound, Fl.
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:53 pm

Maybe JMU can sue Indiana over it.

AppStFan1
Posts: 5348
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 498 times
Been thanked: 1288 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:59 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:56 pm
If Duke offered Clark 5 or 6 million a year to coach, and he turned that down, then we probably should have his head examined.
I don't think he would take it for 2-3M but I would fully expect him to take the Duke job for 5-6M a year. Anyone would be crazy to turn it down.

Tru2ASU
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:07 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:12 pm

Kudos to Indiana for pulling this off!

Mjohn1988
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 1232 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 pm

RaleighApp27609 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:36 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:53 pm
Hmmmm let’s see Carolina Panthers or IU?
NEITHER
I couldn't imagine any NFL caliber coach wanting to work for Panthers owner David Tepper. He owns an NFL and MLS team and has apparently fired four coaches in 18 months. The guy is volatile.
And everyone he fired made a crazy amount of money. When he writes the check they will come.

User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 6494
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 2512 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:55 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 pm
And everyone he fired made a crazy amount of money. When he writes the check they will come.
You can have morals, but rent is due on the 1st and late on the 6th.

User avatar
Bootsy
Posts: 930
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 640 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:13 pm

At the end of the day, everyone has different motivators. Far be it from me to speculate on what matters most to these guys.

RaleighApp27609
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:21 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by RaleighApp27609 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:24 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 pm
RaleighApp27609 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:36 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:53 pm
Hmmmm let’s see Carolina Panthers or IU?
NEITHER
I couldn't imagine any NFL caliber coach wanting to work for Panthers owner David Tepper. He owns an NFL and MLS team and has apparently fired four coaches in 18 months. The guy is volatile.
And everyone he fired made a crazy amount of money. When he writes the check they will come.
Carolina now has Jerry Jones 2.0. I get the vibe he isn't one to let the front office do its job.

Mjohn1988
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 1232 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:53 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:55 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 pm
And everyone he fired made a crazy amount of money. When he writes the check they will come.
You can have morals, but rent is due on the 1st and late on the 6th.
Not really what I was meaning to say. I’ve worked for some bad people and some I just didn’t like but I didn’t have to compromise my morals. What I see other saying is that it’s a bad career move. I’m saying after the money you get from taking the gig and getting fired you wouldn’t really have to worry about working anymore.

User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 6652
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 1452 times
Been thanked: 1902 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:59 pm

Just saw where he’s taking both OC and DC with him to Indiana. I’d expect a player or two to go with him, if they haven’t already exhausted their eligibility and transferability
Give 'em hell!

User avatar
goapps93
Posts: 3751
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 883 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:02 pm

JMU fans on another board claim he's coaching in their bowl game. I have seen no confirmation of this. I find it hard to believe Indiana would not want him there immediately to nail down their recruits and search the portal for immediate help. He's gonna need it.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppSt94
Posts: 9394
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6263 times
Been thanked: 3860 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:10 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:02 pm
JMU fans on another board claim he's coaching in their bowl game. I have seen no confirmation of this. I find it hard to believe Indiana would not want him there immediately to nail down their recruits and search the portal for immediate help. He's gonna need it.
He is.

Bigdaddyg1
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:51 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 640 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:13 pm

Not that I really care but is JMU absolutely getting a Bowl game?

Rick83
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1942 times
Been thanked: 1552 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:33 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:13 pm
Not that I really care but is JMU absolutely getting a Bowl game?
Yes, so is Jacksonville State due to not enough 6-win teams.

The Rock
Posts: 1786
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 846 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:46 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:10 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:02 pm
JMU fans on another board claim he's coaching in their bowl game. I have seen no confirmation of this. I find it hard to believe Indiana would not want him there immediately to nail down their recruits and search the portal for immediate help. He's gonna need it.
He is.
Gotta give him props for that. Satterfield or Drink didn't give App the same consideration.

User avatar
VNova
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Pasadena
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by VNova » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:50 pm

The Rock wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:46 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:10 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:02 pm
JMU fans on another board claim he's coaching in their bowl game. I have seen no confirmation of this. I find it hard to believe Indiana would not want him there immediately to nail down their recruits and search the portal for immediate help. He's gonna need it.
He is.
Gotta give him props for that. Satterfield or Drink didn't give App the same consideration.
Indiana may be more open to it than Louisville or Missouri were. I don’t think either pushed the issue, but I wish the culture of FBS would let coaches finish the post-season before departing.

User avatar
goapps93
Posts: 3751
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 883 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:54 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:10 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:02 pm
JMU fans on another board claim he's coaching in their bowl game. I have seen no confirmation of this. I find it hard to believe Indiana would not want him there immediately to nail down their recruits and search the portal for immediate help. He's gonna need it.
He is.
Thanks. I finally found an article verifying it.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Saint3333
Posts: 12920
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 2905 times
Been thanked: 4470 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:37 pm

It may be Cig’s last opportunity to coach a bowl game.

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 7499
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1423 times
Been thanked: 3694 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:52 pm

No difference in a coach grabbing the brass ring and a kid getting a sweet NIL. May only happen once.

User avatar
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
Posts: 3094
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 2:05 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 641 times
Been thanked: 1739 times

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:56 pm

Don't think his expectations are Indiana will be as demanding as what Drink and Satterfield faced joining an ACC and SEC school. I would think Indiana would be more patient with the process and not realistically expect to compete with Michigan and Ohio State year one. Some of these ACC and SEC programs have unrealistic expectations for coaches, and think just because the contract is big it will lead to success. Rinse then repeat.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”