Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

March Madness

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Re: March Madness

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:12 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:03 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:37 pm

Again, this obsession with everything UNC. The original comment stated that state fans were too far overly arrogant with little to no success to show for it adding that from a success standpoint, state has been more mid-major than anything over the 30 years. Looking at their overall success, this is factual.

YOU then decided to bring up UNC while at the same time trying to argue with my metaphorical analogy of State's success to the a literal definition of state's conference status. No matter how you feel about UNC or it's fans (Which has little relevance to the discussion), doesn't change the fact that state has greatly underachieved has a major conference participator and their success has been on a mid-major level creating a delusional fan base. While 1 could argue my take on state's success, I will also point out that your assumptions of other fan bases, especially the assumed opinions of others not you & what they may think, are completely arbitrary and far surpasses the assumed bias you think I have.

Seriously dude, start charging. All this rent free obsession can't be healthy for one's soul.
Tell Eric Church I said hello!
Rent Free
The irony…
Pot meet Kettle ...
Touché

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:09 pm

appdaze wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 pm
Since 2000,
170-129 in football. Made 17 bowls, winning 9 (18 with covid year). Ended the year ranked 5 times.
466-258 in MBB. 12 NCAA Tournies made. 1 Conf chip
516-276 in WBB. 15 NCAA Tournies made. 3 Conf chip
Baseball, one HC since 1997, 926–550 under his tenure. Made CWS twice and playoffs 19 times.
Men's Cross country with 7 conference chips, region champs 9 times
Women's Cross country 3 national championships as a team, 1 individual, 10-time region champs, 12-time ACC champs.
Men's golf, 1 individual National champ.

You can go through all the other winning teams with all the ACC championships, national champions individual and team, playoff appearances etc, just since the year 2000. Mid Major, my butt. There are so many athletic programs out there in P5s that are literally floundering across all their sports, and one that has a winning record in all its major sports with all sorts of accolades is the one you think is a mid-major program. I have to give credit where credit is due, and you need to get a reality check on what a mid-major really is. If you are going to be a season ticket holding Tarheel then please at least give an equal amount to App.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NC_State_Wolfpack

Their ice cream really is good.
L O L!
When one's greatest brag from a football & basketball standpoint is that you have a winning record, especially considering a large portion of those wins are against mid-major competition, screem's mediocre. My point still stands.

But I'll give credit where credit is due, State has a great Cross Country program. Kudos to those programs and university for becoming nationally relevant on the XC stage. I tip my hat.
Us App fans need to stay humble until our XC teams can compete on such a level. :lol:

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:46 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:09 pm
appdaze wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 pm
Since 2000,
170-129 in football. Made 17 bowls, winning 9 (18 with covid year). Ended the year ranked 5 times.
466-258 in MBB. 12 NCAA Tournies made. 1 Conf chip
516-276 in WBB. 15 NCAA Tournies made. 3 Conf chip
Baseball, one HC since 1997, 926–550 under his tenure. Made CWS twice and playoffs 19 times.
Men's Cross country with 7 conference chips, region champs 9 times
Women's Cross country 3 national championships as a team, 1 individual, 10-time region champs, 12-time ACC champs.
Men's golf, 1 individual National champ.

You can go through all the other winning teams with all the ACC championships, national champions individual and team, playoff appearances etc, just since the year 2000. Mid Major, my butt. There are so many athletic programs out there in P5s that are literally floundering across all their sports, and one that has a winning record in all its major sports with all sorts of accolades is the one you think is a mid-major program. I have to give credit where credit is due, and you need to get a reality check on what a mid-major really is. If you are going to be a season ticket holding Tarheel then please at least give an equal amount to App.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NC_State_Wolfpack

Their ice cream really is good.
L O L!
When one's greatest brag from a football & basketball standpoint is that you have a winning record, especially considering a large portion of those wins are against mid-major competition, screem's mediocre. My point still stands.

But I'll give credit where credit is due, State has a great Cross Country program. Kudos to those programs and university for becoming nationally relevant on the XC stage. I tip my hat.
Us App fans need to stay humble until our XC teams can compete on such a level. :lol:
Sweet baby Jesus what an ignorant response. I'm actually a bit concerned about you. What happened to you that you are so outrageously butthurt toward NCSU? What I laid out wasn't a brag at all, just stating the facts that with all their accomplishments they certainly can't be considered Mid Major. Do you need some help? I can look up some good psychiatrists for you. You can talk about whatever life event made you so bitter toward them. Maybe you're lactose intolerant so you can't enjoy their tasty ice cream so you keep a puckered sphincter about it.

That's it, this is serious. I'm calling Eric Church to do a wellness check on you.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:37 pm

Looks like a Blue Blood will be fielding an entirely new team

Since the end of the season, Duke has now lost seven players to the transfer portal. Stewart joins Power, senior starting guard Jeremy Roach, sophomore starting forward Mark Mitchell, Jaylen Blakes, Christian Reeves and Jaden Schutt.

Stars Kyle Filipowski and Jared McCain are off to the NBA, while Ryan Young is out of eligibility.

Tyrese Proctor and Caleb Foster are the lone returnees from this past season's roster.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 pm

The new normal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”