Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

March Madness

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: March Madness

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:43 am

Best team money can buy.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:34 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:05 am
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:59 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:21 pm
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:45 am
CoachRob wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 pm

disagree. Perception is reality or something like that is the saying? Many "power" programs have a mid-major perception.
Although you are certainly entitled to your opinion, in this instance, your opinion is factually wrong. Mid-major is factually defined as athletic conferences in NCAA division I basketball that are not part of the power 5 conferences and the Big East, sometime last referred to as the Power 6. Gonzaga, even with all their success, is factually a mid-major. The NCAA actually recognizes this distinction in the NIT selection process. They state that the top 2 teams from each Power 6 conference get an automatic bid to the NIT. It was Wake and BC from the ACC. They are therefore not considered mid-major, despite their lack of national success in basketball, football or baseballs.
In conference name, sure. But in performance (which is what I'm arguing, but I think you know this), no. Their performance on the court over the past 30 years has been very mid-major, just stating truth.

If you would like to keep on arguing for the greatness that is nc state basketball, by all means, keep doing so.
They have been mediocre for past 30 years, but they are still a major program, which is fact. Speaking of performance, looks like they have out performed your Heels the past two seasons and understand your frustration. Who knew that when UNC stuck their middle finger up at the NCAA when they got busted for 30 years of fraud, that it would open the flood gates of everyone being able to legally pay their players taking away UNC’s competitive advantage.
Why do you keep bringing up the Heels when this discussion is purely about State & their mediocre as a program? No one has mentioned the Heels except you ... What is your obsession with Carolina? Why even bring them up when talking about this year's Final 4? Is it a jealousy thing? Or just obsessed with them??? I don't understand, maybe you should start charging instead of allowing them stay rent free ...
BTK2000 made the statement that State fans are the worst in the state of NC. As anyone who is not a UNC Chapel Hill fan feels that UNC fans are the worst, I responded stating that UNC has the far worst fans. I’d imagine most on here that don’t pull for UNC agree. Then you called NC State mid major which was also factually incorrect and something only a UNC Chapel Hill fan would claim. My obsession isn’t with UNC Chapel Hill, but it’s relevant when UNC fans are posting on Yosef’s cabin.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:36 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:43 am
Best team money can buy.
Can’t argue with that!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:37 pm

Do we have any idea yet of what caliber of mercenary we can hire for next season?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:59 pm

appst89 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:37 pm
Do we have any idea yet of what caliber of mercenary we can hire for next season?
There’s really good players in JuCo and Division II. If they want to play for a P5, they can come here and show off their talents for a year like Spillers.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:04 pm

Are we double A or triple A ?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:39 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:04 pm
Are we double A or triple A ?
Maybe we can tie ourselves to a successful P5 program and they send all their freshman 4 star players to us for a season to get game experience.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

And cash ?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:58 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm
And cash ?
It’s like a farm system. If we tie ourselves to an SEC school, they will cover the NIL.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm

“ We’re hiring “

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:37 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:34 pm
CoachRob wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:45 am

Although you are certainly entitled to your opinion, in this instance, your opinion is factually wrong. Mid-major is factually defined as athletic conferences in NCAA division I basketball that are not part of the power 5 conferences and the Big East, sometime last referred to as the Power 6. Gonzaga, even with all their success, is factually a mid-major. The NCAA actually recognizes this distinction in the NIT selection process. They state that the top 2 teams from each Power 6 conference get an automatic bid to the NIT. It was Wake and BC from the ACC. They are therefore not considered mid-major, despite their lack of national success in basketball, football or baseballs.
In conference name, sure. But in performance (which is what I'm arguing, but I think you know this), no. Their performance on the court over the past 30 years has been very mid-major, just stating truth.

If you would like to keep on arguing for the greatness that is nc state basketball, by all means, keep doing so.
They have been mediocre for past 30 years, but they are still a major program, which is fact. Speaking of performance, looks like they have out performed your Heels the past two seasons and understand your frustration. Who knew that when UNC stuck their middle finger up at the NCAA when they got busted for 30 years of fraud, that it would open the flood gates of everyone being able to legally pay their players taking away UNC’s competitive advantage.
Why do you keep bringing up the Heels when this discussion is purely about State & their mediocre as a program? No one has mentioned the Heels except you ... What is your obsession with Carolina? Why even bring them up when talking about this year's Final 4? Is it a jealousy thing? Or just obsessed with them??? I don't understand, maybe you should start charging instead of allowing them stay rent free ...
BTK2000 made the statement that State fans are the worst in the state of NC. As anyone who is not a UNC Chapel Hill fan feels that UNC fans are the worst, I responded stating that UNC has the far worst fans. I’d imagine most on here that don’t pull for UNC agree. Then you called NC State mid major which was also factually incorrect and something only a UNC Chapel Hill fan would claim. My obsession isn’t with UNC Chapel Hill, but it’s relevant when UNC fans are posting on Yosef’s cabin.
Again, this obsession with everything UNC. The original comment stated that state fans were too far overly arrogant with little to no success to show for it adding that from a success standpoint, state has been more mid-major than anything over the 30 years. Looking at their overall success, this is factual.

YOU then decided to bring up UNC while at the same time trying to argue with my metaphorical analogy of State's success to the a literal definition of state's conference status. No matter how you feel about UNC or it's fans (Which has little relevance to the discussion), doesn't change the fact that state has greatly underachieved has a major conference participator and their success has been on a mid-major level creating a delusional fan base. While 1 could argue my take on state's success, I will also point out that your assumptions of other fan bases, especially the assumed opinions of others not you & what they may think, are completely arbitrary and far surpasses the assumed bias you think I have.

Seriously dude, start charging. All this rent free obsession can't be healthy for one's soul.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:59 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:36 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Best team money can buy.
Can’t argue with that!
Not sure I agree with that - last year #1 preseason, don't even make the tournament - this year a #1 seed, can't get past the Sweet 16.
Now if it were my money I would demand better results than this :o :lol:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:37 pm
CoachRob wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

Again, this obsession with everything UNC. The original comment stated that state fans were too far overly arrogant with little to no success to show for it adding that from a success standpoint, state has been more mid-major than anything over the 30 years. Looking at their overall success, this is factual.

YOU then decided to bring up UNC while at the same time trying to argue with my metaphorical analogy of State's success to the a literal definition of state's conference status. No matter how you feel about UNC or it's fans (Which has little relevance to the discussion), doesn't change the fact that state has greatly underachieved has a major conference participator and their success has been on a mid-major level creating a delusional fan base. While 1 could argue my take on state's success, I will also point out that your assumptions of other fan bases, especially the assumed opinions of others not you & what they may think, are completely arbitrary and far surpasses the assumed bias you think I have.

Seriously dude, start charging. All this rent free obsession can't be healthy for one's soul.
Tell Eric Church I said hello!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:27 pm

No one has accomplish less with more than UNCheat football.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:11 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:59 pm
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:36 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Best team money can buy.
Can’t argue with that!
Not sure I agree with that - last year #1 preseason, don't even make the tournament - this year a #1 seed, can't get past the Sweet 16.
Now if it were my money I would demand better results than this :o :lol:
They have won back to back national championships,2023 and 2024 , going away. They are the best team money can buy.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 pm

Since 2000,
170-129 in football. Made 17 bowls, winning 9 (18 with covid year). Ended the year ranked 5 times.
466-258 in MBB. 12 NCAA Tournies made. 1 Conf chip
516-276 in WBB. 15 NCAA Tournies made. 3 Conf chip
Baseball, one HC since 1997, 926–550 under his tenure. Made CWS twice and playoffs 19 times.
Men's Cross country with 7 conference chips, region champs 9 times
Women's Cross country 3 national championships as a team, 1 individual, 10-time region champs, 12-time ACC champs.
Men's golf, 1 individual National champ.

You can go through all the other winning teams with all the ACC championships, national champions individual and team, playoff appearances etc, just since the year 2000. Mid Major, my butt. There are so many athletic programs out there in P5s that are literally floundering across all their sports, and one that has a winning record in all its major sports with all sorts of accolades is the one you think is a mid-major program. I have to give credit where credit is due, and you need to get a reality check on what a mid-major really is. If you are going to be a season ticket holding Tarheel then please at least give an equal amount to App.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NC_State_Wolfpack

Their ice cream really is good.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:37 pm
CoachRob wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

Rent Free

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:27 pm
No one has accomplish less with more than UNCheat football.
This is Truth.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am
CoachRob wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

Rent Free
The irony…

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:03 pm

Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am
CoachRob wrote:

Rent Free
The irony…
Pot meet Kettle ...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”