Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

March Madness

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: March Madness

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:21 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:00 am
Stonewall wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:56 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:07 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:02 am
State is , once again, trying to get out of their contractual commitment to play football in Boone , by the way.
Heard rumors of that a couple years ago, game is next year, what are they offering in return?
A reschedule to a future date.
We know how that will end. Make them play before the NIL further divides the haves from the have nots.
At this point we have said “ no “.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:09 am

appdaze wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:37 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:55 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:57 am
BTK2000 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:20 pm
I have no lost love for nc state. I enjoyed every moment of them losing on national tv. Their fan base is honestly the worst in NC when it comes to arrogance with nothing to back it. My hot take is they are a mid major program masquerading as P4 and need to get over themselves
Ehh, no reason to be that butthurt over nc state. Fans aren't that bad. That are certainly not a mid major, that's just a dumb take. When it comes down to a final four or a championship of some type I always pull for a NC school, unless it's UNC.
When you look at their success, or lack thereof, over the past 30 years in all sports, they are very mid major: Last football conference championship is 1979 I think. Hadn't won ACC basketball tourney since 87 before this year & last regular season since 74 I think. Baseball is the only thing that has been relevant on a national scale and that's just of recent.
When measuring success compared to their in state ACC foes, they are very mid major.
Their men's basketball program is one of 15 with 2 or more championships. Ehh whatever, I'm not gonna argue over a sports team that's not App. I guess yall can just stay gaping butthurt over NCSU for whatever reason. Whenever App isn't playing in big games I will still pull for most NC teams as them winning helps our states profile.
I totally get the idea of pulling for in state schools to help our state's profile, I do as well at times.
I don't think that changes the argument that, based on national/conference success in the past 30 years, ncstate is pretty mid major. Don't have to be "butthurt" to acknowledge this fact.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:11 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:14 am
CoachRob wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:57 pm
BTK2000 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:23 am
311neers wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:11 pm
BTK2000 wrote:
I have no lost love for nc state. I enjoyed every moment of them losing on national tv. Their fan base is honestly the worst in NC when it comes to arrogance with nothing to back it. My hot take is they are a mid major program masquerading as P4 and need to get over themselves
-Signed, closet UNCheat fan
Bro….. I have a degree and football season tickets for App. WTF is this BS accusation?
They're probably closet state fans who are butthurt about losing their only chance to win a title for the next 30 years.
At least you aren’t a closet UNC fan. You’re just a UNC fan.
Say's the closet state fan ... or is it duke?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:36 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:11 am
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:14 am
CoachRob wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:57 pm
BTK2000 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:23 am
311neers wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:11 pm

-Signed, closet UNCheat fan
Bro….. I have a degree and football season tickets for App. WTF is this BS accusation?
They're probably closet state fans who are butthurt about losing their only chance to win a title for the next 30 years.
At least you aren’t a closet UNC fan. You’re just a UNC fan.
Say's the closet state fan ... or is it duke?
I’d openly pull for either against UNC. But you don’t have to be a fan of either to do that.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:41 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:09 am
appdaze wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
appdaze wrote:
BTK2000 wrote:
Ehh, no reason to be that butthurt over nc state. Fans aren't that bad. That are certainly not a mid major, that's just a dumb take. When it comes down to a final four or a championship of some type I always pull for a NC school, unless it's UNC.
When you look at their success, or lack thereof, over the past 30 years in all sports, they are very mid major: Last football conference championship is 1979 I think. Hadn't won ACC basketball tourney since 87 before this year & last regular season since 74 I think. Baseball is the only thing that has been relevant on a national scale and that's just of recent.
When measuring success compared to their in state ACC foes, they are very mid major.
Their men's basketball program is one of 15 with 2 or more championships. Ehh whatever, I'm not gonna argue over a sports team that's not App. I guess yall can just stay gaping butthurt over NCSU for whatever reason. Whenever App isn't playing in big games I will still pull for most NC teams as them winning helps our states profile.
I totally get the idea of pulling for in state schools to help our state's profile, I do as well at times.
I don't think that changes the argument that, based on national/conference success in the past 30 years, ncstate is pretty mid major. Don't have to be "butthurt" to acknowledge this fact.
Mid major is designated by conference is it not? Even Georgia Tech and BC are not mid major. Declaring a major conference member mid major reeks of butthurtness.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:22 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:41 pm
CoachRob wrote:
appdaze wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Mid major is designated by conference is it not? Even Georgia Tech and BC are not mid major. Declaring a major conference member mid major reeks of butthurtness.
Like lipstick on a pig, being part of a power conference doesn't make 1 a power program.
Example, in football, who has accomplished more? App or State?

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:59 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:22 pm
CoachRob wrote:
appdaze wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

Like lipstick on a pig, being part of a power conference doesn't make 1 a power program.
Actually, it does. And App accomplishing more doesn’t make us a power program, unfortunately.
WE ARE YOSEF!

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:48 pm

18.7M viewers for Caitlin Clark yesterday.

More than the previous 5 years for the men’s final. I’m sure it will smoke the game tonight since it’s at 9pm.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:29 pm

South Carolina may have won the national championship, but womens' college basketball has been the biggest winner of all. It's cool how interest in 1-2 outstanding players can be the tipping point.

It won't be long before everyone is whining and complaining that they're tired of hearing about the awesomeness of the Lady Gamecocks on ESPN.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:36 pm

90% of the people that watched couldn’t name one gamecock player before yesterday.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:59 pm
CoachRob wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Actually, it does. And App accomplishing more doesn’t make us a power program, unfortunately.
disagree. Perception is reality or something like that is the saying? Many "power" programs have a mid-major perception.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:45 am

CoachRob wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 pm
goapps93 wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

disagree. Perception is reality or something like that is the saying? Many "power" programs have a mid-major perception.
Although you are certainly entitled to your opinion, in this instance, your opinion is factually wrong. Mid-major is factually defined as athletic conferences in NCAA division I basketball that are not part of the power 5 conferences and the Big East, sometime last referred to as the Power 6. Gonzaga, even with all their success, is factually a mid-major. The NCAA actually recognizes this distinction in the NIT selection process. They state that the top 2 teams from each Power 6 conference get an automatic bid to the NIT. It was Wake and BC from the ACC. They are therefore not considered mid-major, despite their lack of national success in basketball, football or baseballs.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:23 am

CoachRob wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
appdaze wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

Major/mid major is based on the conference, not the achievement of the team.

Unc is still a p5 football team, even though despite their rampant cheating they’ve mostly been pedestrian.

It is what it is. Nc state is in a major cbb bball conference.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:05 am

We're looking for the word mediocre, not mid major.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:21 pm

Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:45 am
CoachRob wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

Although you are certainly entitled to your opinion, in this instance, your opinion is factually wrong. Mid-major is factually defined as athletic conferences in NCAA division I basketball that are not part of the power 5 conferences and the Big East, sometime last referred to as the Power 6. Gonzaga, even with all their success, is factually a mid-major. The NCAA actually recognizes this distinction in the NIT selection process. They state that the top 2 teams from each Power 6 conference get an automatic bid to the NIT. It was Wake and BC from the ACC. They are therefore not considered mid-major, despite their lack of national success in basketball, football or baseballs.
In conference name, sure. But in performance (which is what I'm arguing, but I think you know this), no. Their performance on the court over the past 30 years has been very mid-major, just stating truth.

If you would like to keep on arguing for the greatness that is nc state basketball, by all means, keep doing so.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:59 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:21 pm
CoachRob wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

In conference name, sure. But in performance (which is what I'm arguing, but I think you know this), no. Their performance on the court over the past 30 years has been very mid-major, just stating truth.

If you would like to keep on arguing for the greatness that is nc state basketball, by all means, keep doing so.
They have been mediocre for past 30 years, but they are still a major program, which is fact. Speaking of performance, looks like they have out performed your Heels the past two seasons and understand your frustration. Who knew that when UNC stuck their middle finger up at the NCAA when they got busted for 30 years of fraud, that it would open the flood gates of everyone being able to legally pay their players taking away UNC’s competitive advantage.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:05 pm

The only thing major about State is the loyal fans that pour money into an average program

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:11 pm

There is another major thing about State .. Howling Cow ice cream is pretty damn good
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:05 am

Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:59 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:21 pm
CoachRob wrote:
goapps93 wrote:

They have been mediocre for past 30 years, but they are still a major program, which is fact. Speaking of performance, looks like they have out performed your Heels the past two seasons and understand your frustration. Who knew that when UNC stuck their middle finger up at the NCAA when they got busted for 30 years of fraud, that it would open the flood gates of everyone being able to legally pay their players taking away UNC’s competitive advantage.
Why do you keep bringing up the Heels when this discussion is purely about State & their mediocre as a program? No one has mentioned the Heels except you ... What is your obsession with Carolina? Why even bring them up when talking about this year's Final 4? Is it a jealousy thing? Or just obsessed with them??? I don't understand, maybe you should start charging instead of allowing them stay rent free ...

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:25 am

UNCheat fans hate when the decades of fraud is brought up.

There is no comeback and comments like rent free just make the deflection attempt worse.

Congrats to UConn the best modern era basketball program in the nation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”