Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

North Dakota Drinkn Party

1ASU78

North Dakota Drinkn Party

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:45 pm

I put this in this folder but I'm not sure drinking is a sport. How do you know who wins?

anyway............

College president condemns 'Siouxper drunk' Indian head T-shirts

Published May 13, 2014·
Associated Press

Facebook42Twitter0Gplus4

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – University of North Dakota president Robert Kelley is condemning a decision by some young people to create and wear T-shirts with a caricature of the school's former Indian head logo drinking out of a beer bong.

The words "Siouxper Drunk" are featured above the drawing, a reference to the school's Fighting Sioux nickname that was retired in 2012. Group photos of people wearing the T-shirts have been posted on several websites.

Kelley said in a statement issued Monday that the message on the shirts demonstrates "an unacceptable lack of sensitivity and a complete lack of respect for American Indians and all members of the community."

Kelley says the T-shirts are associated with an annual spring party that is not a university event.

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: North Dakota Drinkn Party

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Perhaps I'm being hyper-sensitive, but the term 'Siouxper drunk' is a slap in the face of we who have Native American blood coursing through our veins.

Evidently Kelly shares this opinion:

"Kelley said in a statement issued Monday that the message on the shirts demonstrates "an unacceptable lack of sensitivity and a complete lack of respect for American Indians and all members of the community."
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Wed May 14, 2014 3:31 pm

NewApp wrote:Perhaps I'm being hyper-sensitive, but the term 'Siouxper drunk' is a slap in the face of we who have Native American blood coursing through our veins.

"Kelley said in a statement issued Monday that the message on the shirts demonstrates "an unacceptable lack of sensitivity and a complete lack of respect for American Indians and all members of the community."
Any Native American? Or ones with Sioux ties?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 14, 2014 3:55 pm

Blackandgold wrote:
NewApp wrote:Perhaps I'm being hyper-sensitive, but the term 'Siouxper drunk' is a slap in the face of we who have Native American blood coursing through our veins.

ANY!!!!!
Google SUX

Blackandgold

Unread post by Blackandgold » Wed May 14, 2014 10:08 pm

NewApp wrote:
Blackandgold wrote:

ANY!!!!!
Not being a smart butt here, but why would A play on of Sioux have any effect on someone of Cherokee blood per say?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu May 15, 2014 8:01 am

Blackandgold wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Blackandgold wrote:

ANY!!!!!
Not being a smart butt here, but why would A play on of Sioux have any effect on someone of Cherokee blood per say?
The same reason the "N" word offends most all blacks. You have to be of Cherokee or other Native American descent to understand. I'm honestly not trying to be a "smart butt" either.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”