Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The Carolina Way (Cont'd)

ASUPATCH
School: Appalachian State

Re: The Carolina Way (Cont'd)

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Yeah it quite comical........we didnt do it, attack the sources, its a lie, its a witch hunt...........oh wait we did it........well.......um..........everyone does it, you know all D1 schools are guilty. Singing a different song these days.

People never seem to amazing me in the lack of objectivity they can use when they need to own up to their errors. This screams to America in general, point that finger but never at yourself mentality.I would be the first to be calling for wins being vacated and sanctions against the Apps if this ever occurred in Boone.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Gonzo wrote:Here's a new one.

After their win against Duke on Thursday night, the Hole players vandalized the visiting locker room with spray paint :shock:

I guess you can't expect class from a group that doesn't, you know, go to class....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... 4xQ2%22%7D
Oh, good grief! With the cloud hanging over UNC-CH athletics, I would hope the coaches would have stopped such garbage before it started. I love a Carolina win over Duke any day, but vandalism is wrong ... just wrong ... always.

Go App!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:38 pm

After their win against Duke on Thursday night, the Hole players vandalized the visiting locker room with spray paint :shock:

I guess you can't expect class from a group that doesn't, you know, go to class....

One word: pathetic.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:00 pm

NewApp wrote:

One word: pathetic.
They should be glad I am not the DUKE AD as I would press charges. Vandalism should not be tolerated by anyone but these guys are just plain arrogant. With all eyes upon them they continue to act like the illiterate thugs that they are. All North Carolina citizens should be demanding that the Carolina football program be shut down. Instead Carolina will continue to show it's arrogance by allowing these low life's to go to a bowl. Any Carolina fan who buys a bowl ticket should hang their head in shame. You my friends are showing these players and the athletic department that you condone this behavior and the actions of the last 20 years and endorse it. You will have to decide what that makes you.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:03 pm

bcoach wrote: They should be glad I am not the DUKE AD as I would press charges. Vandalism should not be tolerated by anyone but these guys are just plain arrogant. With all eyes upon them they continue to act like the illiterate thugs that they are. All North Carolina citizens should be demanding that the Carolina football program be shut down. Instead Carolina will continue to show it's arrogance by allowing these low life's to go to a bowl. Any Carolina fan who buys a bowl ticket should hang their head in shame. You my friends are showing these players and the athletic department that you condone this behavior and endorse it. You will have to decide what that makes you.
Judging by the comments of most tarhole fans online, they have no shame. Seriously, anyone who attempts to defend these actions in any way is an idiot and an embarrassment to the human race.
Give 'em hell!

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Gonzo wrote:
ASUPATCH wrote:Spot on in my opinion.....

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2 ... /141029714
As usual the comments are the best part. There are thousands, THOUSANDS, of head-in-the-sand tar holes who are do deep in denial they're making complete fools of themselves.

I wish the NCAA could sanction those idiots too.

Reading through my favorite comment was...

"I wonder if they were awarded 3 credit hours of Art Appreciation for their work"

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Here's a shocker ---
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina coach Larry Fedora said on Monday that no player would face discipline for taking part in a celebration that damaged Duke's visiting locker room on Thursday after the Tar Heels' 45-20 victory at Duke.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/11/24/ ... rylink=cpy
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:07 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:Here's a shocker ---
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina coach Larry Fedora said on Monday that no player would face discipline for taking part in a celebration that damaged Duke's visiting locker room on Thursday after the Tar Heels' 45-20 victory at Duke.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/11/24/ ... rylink=cpy
And UNC would pay for the damage, see "NC taxpayers will pay for the damage"

Unread post by 8993 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:46 pm

So, let me get this all straight. North Carolina taxpayers are now paying for the following:

- UNC to hire somebody from within the NCAA to help them from being punished for cheating for so many years
- the damage UNC football players did to a Duke locker room
- the Wainstein Report, in general, seeing as there never should have been reason to cheat
- every student-athlete that has cheated his/her way through four years at UNC

Can the other UNC System schools sue the hell out of Chapel Hell? This school gets to be more and more ridiculous with each passing day.

85gradinATL

Unread post by 85gradinATL » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm impressed the football players could write. Maybe the managers did that for them.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:06 am

The Holes just refuse to get this???
http://www.wral.com/refusal-to-disclose ... /14209317/
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:52 am

WVAPPeer wrote:The Holes just refuse to get this???
They get it, they are just that arrogant. They know that they have a great chance at getting away with most anything.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:58 am

bcoach wrote:
They get it, they are just that arrogant. They know that they have a great chance at getting away with most anything.
So true - part of what I was somewhat referring to is that the N&O will not let this drop ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

APPSTATE-H3

Unread post by APPSTATE-H3 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:04 am

This is my first and only post on this subject.

Who cares. Stop complaining about other schools. It looks like you are jealous of what they have. They did this, they did that. Who cares. They are not our rivals. If it was Georgia Southern I would say have at it. They wont play us. Who cares. Did we play Western Carolina this year? The NCAA should punish them. We all know the NCAA is not fair with things. Go App, beat whoever we play whether that is UNC, Western Carolina, Georgia Southern, or Idaho!

For God's sake this is page 12 of this thread. I am tired or reading about the Carolina Way!
APPSTATE

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:30 am

APPSTATE-H3 wrote:This is my first and only post on this subject.

Who cares. Stop complaining about other schools. It looks like you are jealous of what they have. They did this, they did that. Who cares. They are not our rivals. If it was Georgia Southern I would say have at it. They wont play us. Who cares. Did we play Western Carolina this year? The NCAA should punish them. We all know the NCAA is not fair with things. Go App, beat whoever we play whether that is UNC, Western Carolina, Georgia Southern, or Idaho!

For God's sake this is page 12 of this thread. I am tired or reading about the Carolina Way!
1) Don't read the thread--self control is tough, I guess.

2) This will ultimately impact App State--probably negatively. So, you'll excuse me if I do care.

3) Don't hurt yourself climbing up on that high horse.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:38 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
bcoach wrote:
So true - part of what I was somewhat referring to is that the N&O will not let this drop ---
Nor should they in my opinion.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:15 am

Fedora said the celebration got out of hand and that was regrettable..
How can a coaching staff allow graffiti to happen right in front of them and do nothing to stop it? The only thing to him that is regrettable is that this got into the public. If it were truly regrettable, someone would have stopped it while they were doing it, and the culprits would be made to clean it up before the team leaves the locker room.
Who carried spray paint anyway? Makes me think this was planned all along. What a disgrace to sportsmanship. I hope no kids are looking to this team as inspiration.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:24 am

APPSTATE-H3 wrote:This is my first and only post on this subject.

This scandal and its resolution, or lack thereof, has a direct impact on Appalachian State. It's possible, if they get off with no punishment as they are expecting to do, that we will feel the impact of this more than UNC-CH does. If poeple just let this die, that is exactly what will happen. Every institution in the UNC system should be screaming from the top of their lungs about this.

dubs21

Unread post by dubs21 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:25 am

They carry spray paint because whichever team wind the bell, from the other team and not retains it, paints it their school colors. This is done on the field or the sideline. Which is perfectly fine. But when it carries over into the locker room, that's another issue.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 am

On the bright side, at least one Carolina football player could spell "UNC". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”