Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC-C Freshman enrollment from the Charlotte Observer

JCline0429

UNC-C Freshman enrollment from the Charlotte Observer

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:52 pm

The associate provost for enrollment management at UNC-C, Tina McEntire, was commenting on the record freshman class. The article said that the growth was attributed "to recruiting attention from a prestigious scholarship, the lure of Charlotte and UNC-C's new football program." :shock:
a.k.a JC0429

kiddbrewer
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC-C Freshman enrollment from the Charlotte Observer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:00 pm

I would say no shock to that. But I'm curious, what would happen if that football team doesn't see any success for the first 5-10 years?

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:39 pm

kiddbrewer wrote:I would say no shock to that. But I'm curious, what would happen if that football team doesn't see any success for the first 5-10 years?
I wonder about the corollary, what if they show significant success. I predict a winning season by the third year, albeit the schedule containing lots of patsies.
a.k.a JC0429

97APP
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by 97APP » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:19 am

JCline0429 wrote:
kiddbrewer wrote:I would say no shock to that. But I'm curious, what would happen if that football team doesn't see any success for the first 5-10 years?
I wonder about the corollary, what if they show significant success. I predict a winning season by the third year, albeit the schedule containing lots of patsies.
UNCC's 3rd year will be their first year as a full FBS team and playing a full CUSA schedule (although watered down compared to CUSA's current membership). With the seating capacity of their stadium I doubt they'll be able to afford to many home-only games, more than likely they'll be the rent-a-win for a few BCS teams. Also they'll be starting at the bottom of the barrell, can't really call another team a patsy when you're a start-up playing your first year as a FBS team. So I expect their third year to be their most difficult in terms of quality of opponent and chance of winning.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”