#RankLouisiana

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
AppStFan1
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:20 pm
I'm with you.... We should move up a few spots. I'm curious to see what happens with Iowa St and OKSt, given they lose tonight.
If both lose we definitely move up about 3-4 spots. I expect us to be like 20-21 in the polls and 20-22 in the CFP.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
asu66
Posts: 25846
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1057 times
Been thanked: 1301 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:00 pm

:shock:
Last edited by asu66 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

User avatar
asu66
Posts: 25846
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1057 times
Been thanked: 1301 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Correction...

And in Cajun country, the Cajuns lead UL-M 28 -21 late in the 3rd qtr.
Last edited by asu66 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Saint3333
Posts: 10073
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 1136 times
Been thanked: 1484 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:02 pm

If our oline can play as well as ULMs tonight I feel better about our offense next week. Still concerned about their RBs though. I don’t want a flashback to 50 yard rushes by our opponents.



Saint3333
Posts: 10073
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 1136 times
Been thanked: 1484 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:16 pm

ULLs punter is a beast, changed the field again.



User avatar
hotrod2001
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:26 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:37 pm

All this talk isn’t going to mean jack if they can’t beat ULM..



User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 574 times
Been thanked: 480 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by biggie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:44 pm

ULL up 1 with a little more than a minute left.



Saint3333
Posts: 10073
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 1136 times
Been thanked: 1484 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:45 pm

ULMs clock management just lost them this game.

Male Cheerleader kicked out of game, then kids threw a ball on the field, weird stuff tonight.



huskie3
Posts: 3688
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Gaston County
Has thanked: 234 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:46 pm

31-30 Lala in 4th with 1:21 to go.


Bring Your A Game!

User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 2086
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 2082 times
Been thanked: 940 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:57 pm

They play defense like this against us.... They're toast


The Appalachian State

appbio91
Posts: 2068
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:59 pm

Dodged one



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 2086
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 2082 times
Been thanked: 940 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:00 pm

These announcers are morons.... Talking about onside kicking it after a missed FG


The Appalachian State

EastHallApp
Posts: 5486
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 2394 times
Been thanked: 1917 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:02 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OK never mind. At least we’re playing a 10-2 team for the title. :lol:



User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 5212
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 460 times
Been thanked: 480 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:00 pm
These announcers are morons.... Talking about onside kicking it after a missed FG
You’d think that someone calling a game like this would not bone it up that bad. Then spends 2 minutes explaining why he’s a moron.

UL dodged a huge bullet. Bring that same effort to Boone and it’s over at the half.


Give 'em hell!

AppStFan1
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:15 am

Yes they were morons. I heard them. So funny. I would say don't get cocky with this ULL score. ULL was in a trap game. It is a game with no significance on their season because they can still win the SBC title and they could not get homefield. ULM was playing for a bowl and ULL is coming off a couple blowout wins. ULL was probably looking ahead to us a little bit. We will get their best effort but if they did play like they did tonight we would roll them by 21-30. This game here is why ULL does not deserve any votes yet. They really need to beat us before they are a legit top 25 contender.



User avatar
hapapp
Posts: 14445
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 12:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Has thanked: 1472 times
Been thanked: 1372 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:11 am

I'm pretty sure we get a different UL team on Saturday. Their focus will be solely on us. It's not going to matter that they survived a close one. In fact, that may have done them a favor.



AppFan11
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by AppFan11 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:57 am

Rivalry games are rivalry games for a reason. They both had something to play for. While fans will try to make judgments based on the results of the game, you can be sure that Billy Napier was disappointed with his team's defensive effort and knows that it has exposed them for the Championship game.



appvette
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:48 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by appvette » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 am

We've had a couple games where Louisiana could say "if they play like this, we'll mop the floor with them"



ericsaid
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 230 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by ericsaid » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:15 am
Yes they were morons. I heard them. So funny. I would say don't get cocky with this ULL score. ULL was in a trap game. It is a game with no significance on their season because they can still win the SBC title and they could not get homefield. ULM was playing for a bowl and ULL is coming off a couple blowout wins. ULL was probably looking ahead to us a little bit. We will get their best effort but if they did play like they did tonight we would roll them by 21-30. This game here is why ULL does not deserve any votes yet. They really need to beat us before they are a legit top 25 contender.
Louisiana beat South Alabama 37-27, then beat Troy 53-3, and then beat ULM by 1 on a missed field goal. They weren't coming off a couple of blowout wins.

Two of their past three games, against bad teams, have been decided by 10 points or less. Perhaps they are looking ahead to this game? Perhaps not. One thing is for certain and that's that their true team lies somewhere between their 53-3 win over Troy (a team that had given up it looked like) and this 1 point win over ULM.

App will by favored by a touchdown in the championship game but I'm thinking it should be closer to -4.5. Louisiana will, once again, get up for this game in the way only a team 0-7 against a conference mate can.



AppStFan1
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:08 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:15 am
Yes they were morons. I heard them. So funny. I would say don't get cocky with this ULL score. ULL was in a trap game. It is a game with no significance on their season because they can still win the SBC title and they could not get homefield. ULM was playing for a bowl and ULL is coming off a couple blowout wins. ULL was probably looking ahead to us a little bit. We will get their best effort but if they did play like they did tonight we would roll them by 21-30. This game here is why ULL does not deserve any votes yet. They really need to beat us before they are a legit top 25 contender.
Louisiana beat South Alabama 37-27, then beat Troy 53-3, and then beat ULM by 1 on a missed field goal. They weren't coming off a couple of blowout wins.

Two of their past three games, against bad teams, have been decided by 10 points or less. Perhaps they are looking ahead to this game? Perhaps not. One thing is for certain and that's that their true team lies somewhere between their 53-3 win over Troy (a team that had given up it looked like) and this 1 point win over ULM.

App will by favored by a touchdown in the championship game but I'm thinking it should be closer to -4.5. Louisiana will, once again, get up for this game in the way only a team 0-7 against a conference mate can.
I was talking about their performance in November prior to ULM. They beat Troy 53-3, CCU 48-7, and Texas State 41-3. That is why voters were giving them votes. The USA game was just and showed me ULL is not bad at all but you have to win week in and week out by big numbers in the SBC to deserve to be ranked. All but one game prior to last night was a blowout over the last 5.

Keep a couple things in mind with the game against ULM. ULM was playing their rival for a chance at a bowl game and ULL had really nothing to play for. They expected to win by 3-4 TDs I'm sure. They are really lucky to even win that game but I'm glad they did or else it would take some luster off our game. ULL lost any implications that game had once we beat Troy like we did.

Now, our game means everything for them. They could be ranked for the first time ever, win the SBC, break our win streak over them, and ruin what has been the greatest season by a team in SBC history, by far. We will get their best shot no doubt. To me a win is a win here but the committee will want to see us win by double digits to move up. We are at home and need to make a statement. I'm hoping for a 10-17 point win but I'll take a 1 point win.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests