Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2020 Coaching Carousel

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
CharlotteApp05
School: Appalachian State

Re: 2020 Coaching Carousel

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Just agreeing with Mad Doctor that it feels good to not be in the carousel this year. Seems like 4-5 in a row we were hearing whispers at a minimum.

Have to think that weighs on players. I remember when I played, Lunsford disappeared during winter conditioning. Wasn't HC or even my position coach and I remember not understanding why he left us. It will be interesting to see how CCU and UL respond. It is only going to grow louder as the season progresses.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:20 pm

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:31 pm
Just agreeing with Mad Doctor that it feels good to not be in the carousel this year. Seems like 4-5 in a row we were hearing whispers at a minimum.

Have to think that weighs on players. I remember when I played, Lunsford disappeared during winter conditioning. Wasn't HC or even my position coach and I remember not understanding why he left us. It will be interesting to see how CCU and UL respond. It is only going to grow louder as the season progresses.
That is true and I'm sure Jamey saying the right things won't change it. Behind the scenes his agent is doing the talking but he would not be if Jamey did not tell him to. There is no question that Jamey Chadwell wants a P5 job and he is gone the minute he gets one. The rumblings in MB are that he wants out big time.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:08 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:06 am
The better long term hire for USC would be Napier. The better short term hire would be Chadwell. I have faith that Napier can instill and maintain a winning program, I have concerns about Chadwell maintaining the "culture" he brings. I don't know of any gimmicky cultures that last, he reminds me a lot of Fleck. Sounds great, gets people behind him and will have a great season or two but when things get tough they fold and things fall apart.... just my two cents.
Minnesota and South Carolina are similar situations in my opinion. Chadwell may be a good fit for SC if that rows your boat.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”