Yosefus
School: Appalachian State

Re: Week 7 Recap & Week 8 Preview

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:17 pm

311neers wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:00 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:57 pm
If any of you watched this game, JMU is the best football team in the conference this year.
Didn’t need to watch this one to see it, but yes, 1000% correct. It’s not a love affair, it’s just real recognizing real.
They have a schedule remaining that could be their friend also. Too bad no bowling or championship game for them... You think our remaining schedule is going to be tough look at Marshall's.

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:57 am

ah59396 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:02 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:15 am
The love affair many of our fans have with JMU is odd. Many act like they are this amazing team. Sure they curb stomped GSU but blowouts happen every year. They barely got by Troy, and only beat a bad UVA team by 1 and beat USA by 8. It isn't like these guys are scoring 50 on everyone. They may beat Marshall but I doubt they blow them out. My only hope is that both teams could lose but that's not possible.
It’s embarrassing to see some of our own on their knees sobbing and kissing JMU’s feet.

I hope they run the table until they get to us and we play like we did in Chapel Hill and ruin their season.
Don't think I've seen anyone really doing that but I think it's realistic to say they are the best team in conference and a bad matchup for any team with deficiencies. There's a clear reason they are garnering top 25 votes and will soon find themselves there (based quite a bit on the fact that some of the bottom top 25 will lose more games).

It's not necessarily a bad thing. It helps bring more eyes to the conference and help the average consumer realize there's more than just 1 or 2 great teams in this conference. We all just hope that App is included in that conversation as well.
Check out the Sun Belt Syndicate podcast! Streaming audio everywhere & live video once a week.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:10 pm

DomCrosetto wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:57 am
ah59396 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
The love affair many of our fans have with JMU is odd. Many act like they are this amazing team. Sure they curb stomped GSU but blowouts happen every year. They barely got by Troy, and only beat a bad UVA team by 1 and beat USA by 8. It isn't like these guys are scoring 50 on everyone. They may beat Marshall but I doubt they blow them out. My only hope is that both teams could lose but that's not possible.
It’s embarrassing to see some of our own on their knees sobbing and kissing JMU’s feet.

I hope they run the table until they get to us and we play like we did in Chapel Hill and ruin their season.
Don't think I've seen anyone really doing that but I think it's realistic to say they are the best team in conference and a bad matchup for any team with deficiencies. There's a clear reason they are garnering top 25 votes and will soon find themselves there (based quite a bit on the fact that some of the bottom top 25 will lose more games).

It's not necessarily a bad thing. It helps bring more eyes to the conference and help the average consumer realize there's more than just 1 or 2 great teams in this conference. We all just hope that App is included in that conversation as well.
Undeniably they are the best in the conference right now. Still very beatable from what I saw last night. we’ve got an entire thread dedicated to how they remind us of what we once used to be. A bit too much gushing for me.

They’ll forever be the fumblin’ dukes in my mind.
YNWA

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:20 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:10 pm
DomCrosetto wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

Undeniably they are the best in the conference right now. Still very beatable from what I saw last night. we’ve got an entire thread dedicated to how they remind us of what we once used to be. A bit too much gushing for me.

They looked great, but I will say this. The only thing that should be peaking in October is the leaves. There is a lot of season left to play.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:26 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:20 pm
ah59396 wrote:
DomCrosetto wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

They looked great, but I will say this. The only thing that should be peaking in October is the leaves. There is a lot of season left to play.
Indeed.

It sucks that we are 3-3 and have found ways to lose games. I was in Wyoming, it was heartbreaking.

But at the same time, I’m pretty convinced that this team can beat just about anyone this year. Like if I had to go down a list there’s maybe 10 FBS teams that I would say “no we can’t go toe-to-toe with them and possibly win.” And JMU is absolutely not on that list.
YNWA

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:34 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:26 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:20 pm
ah59396 wrote:
DomCrosetto wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

Indeed.

It sucks that we are 3-3 and have found ways to lose games. I was in Wyoming, it was heartbreaking.

But at the same time, I’m pretty convinced that this team can beat just about anyone this year. Like if I had to go down a list there’s maybe 10 FBS teams that I would say “no we can’t go toe-to-toe with them and possibly win.” And JMU is absolutely not on that list.
My oldest convinced me to buy a tickets for the JMU game. She said she didn't want to be the only one among her group pulling for App.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:41 pm

My gut tells me JMU will give us all we can handle and more. The next 2 we "should" win. The others I think are so evenly matched will be toss ups.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”