Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bubas Cup 21 February 2016

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Bubas Cup 21 February 2016

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Updated with basketball through 20 Feb 2017 and the final results of ITF.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Also a few days ago I received an email from a SB staff member that reads the CSN board. He mentioned to me that for sports with divisions there was a decision made to group all the schools into one list and give out points based on the overall conference record. This changed some of my numbers for Volleyball (and hurt App by 0.5 points), and I had a few other minor corrections to bring my numbers in line with the conference.

App has a 1.5 point advantage over Coastal for completed sports but is in forth place overall is basketball is included.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Re: Bubas Cup 21 February 2016

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:47 pm

I'm embarrassed that Coastal Carolina is only a half point behind us.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Why? Their overall athletic program is superior to ours. They have quality teams across the board including several that are nationally recognized. Unfortunately, we are stellar in a few programs but lag in many other areas. I would be shocked if they didn't win the Bubas Award every year. We tout our SoCon cups but much of that was a product of the number of teams we field not necessarily the quality of them. Let's face it, in basketball, baseball, and softball we reside either very near to or in the cellar in the Belt. I think we all hope that will change with those programs in the next couple of years, but for the moment that's where we hang out.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:50 pm

I would not say that much of the success for SoCon cups was only due to having more sports. That obviously helped at the time, but we did have often overall average points per sport that was higher than other schools. Not every year, but often.

Coastal is getting it done. No denying that, and in a few weeks they will not be 1/2 point behind us when basketball finishes up. Into the spring the lead will grow even more most likely.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:23 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:I would not say that much of the success for SoCon cups was only due to having more sports. That obviously helped at the time, but we did have often overall average points per sport that was higher than other schools. Not every year, but often.

Coastal is getting it done. No denying that, and in a few weeks they will not be 1/2 point behind us when basketball finishes up. Into the spring the lead will grow even more most likely.
I fear you are right, but am hoping you are wrong. :(
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:24 pm

hapapp wrote:Why? Their overall athletic program is superior to ours. They have quality teams across the board including several that are nationally recognized. Unfortunately, we are stellar in a few programs but lag in many other areas. I would be shocked if they didn't win the Bubas Award every year. We tout our SoCon cups but much of that was a product of the number of teams we field not necessarily the quality of them. Let's face it, in basketball, baseball, and softball we reside either very near to or in the cellar in the Belt. I think we all hope that will change with those programs in the next couple of years, but for the moment that's where we hang out.
It doesn't help us that their entrance requirements are more slack than ours
Google SUX

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 pm

That's a pretty bogus argument. You can assert that but you've got no proof that explains their success. Where they are clearly a head of us is in Olympic sports where academics tend to be less an issue.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:59 pm

This shows how much stronger the SBC is overall.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:02 am

hapapp wrote:That's a pretty bogus argument. You can assert that but you've got no proof that explains their success. Where they are clearly a head of us is in Olympic sports where academics tend to be less an issue.
I see what you mean now, Jerry. However, my screen only shows me 5 sports. At least we are ahead of Coastal in Women's Cross Country and Men's Cross Country.
Google SUX

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:51 am

Not sure where we are without our track programs.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:31 pm

NewApp wrote:
hapapp wrote:That's a pretty bogus argument. You can assert that but you've got no proof that explains their success. Where they are clearly a head of us is in Olympic sports where academics tend to be less an issue.
I see what you mean now, Jerry. However, my screen only shows me 5 sports. At least we are ahead of Coastal in Women's Cross Country and Men's Cross Country.
When I insert a link into this board it shows the webpage. There are scroll bars but the below can be copied and pasted into the address bar of a web browser and take you to the webpage proper---I hope. It might make for easier reading.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LzyVh8DBb8Y4YlM-NZbALxj-fW0aaqVHvXkKiFDHFfo/edit#gid=0

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”