Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

30 April 2017 MGolf Complete

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

30 April 2017 MGolf Complete

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:41 am

Men's golf finished on Tuesday but I only now posting the Bubas points.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LzyVh8DBb8Y4YlM-NZbALxj-fW0aaqVHvXkKiFDHFfo/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

We need to pick up 10 points in OTF to pass GaSo. We might be able to pull that off since GaSo does not offer MOTF and our WOTF is pretty strong. It will be close, but at this point the only thing of interest to me personally in a generally lackluster Bubas Cup year.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

hapapp

Re: 30 April 2017 MGolf Complete

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Of the football playing schools, only UL and Monroe trail us in sports finished. When all is said and done, we likely will only be a head of Monroe. I know I catch flak for this but we really need to improve our overall athletic program. Frankly, it is mediocre at best. We live off of football and the running sports. I do realize we offer more programs than anyone else in the Belt, and that is a source of pride. I just wish we could become more competitive across the board. I'm hopeful that the transition to the Belt will help with recruiting and we will begin to some improvement as I know we have several young teams.

asu66

Re: 30 April 2017 MGolf Complete

Unread post by asu66 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:12 am

You're spot-on, as usual. No criticism from me. We were never very strong in Olympic sports in the SoCon either. We won quite a few Cups on points earned for fielding more teams than anyone else. We really need to step it up.

We need to get an update on how many of our Olympic sports teams are "fully funded." By that I mean teams that are receiving the maximum number of scholarships allowed by the NCAA. It hasn't been all that long since some of our Olympic sports teams were getting only 75% of the NCAA max. I know it's better now, but I'm not clear on how much better.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”