Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bubas Cup 21 May 2017

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Bubas Cup 21 May 2017

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun May 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Near three way tie, but App is not close as most everyone knows. Though as long as GaSo does not win the baseball tournament then we tie for 10th place.

If I have my numbers correct there is only one point left in the Bubas Cup, and that goes to the winner of the Sun Belt Baseball Tournament.

If USA wins the baseball tournament then USA wins the Bubas.

If anyone besides USA wins the baseball tournament then TxSt wins the Bubas.

USA took 2nd place in the regular season of baseball for what it is worth.

If UTA wins the baseball tournament then they will tie with USA 0.5 points behind TxSt

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LzyVh8DBb8Y4YlM-NZbALxj-fW0aaqVHvXkKiFDHFfo/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

hapapp

Re: Bubas Cup 21 May 2017

Unread post by hapapp » Sun May 21, 2017 1:23 pm

That's a distant 10th place at that. We have a long way to go to have the overall athletic program that we aspire to have. Frankly, at this point, we are one legged pony. I suppose our women's track program could provide another half leg but the rest of our Sun Belt sports have a lot of room for improvement. That's not meant to knock the quality of the folks who represent us, as we know that we have some great folks who don the black and gold (witness the recent APR scores). But from a purely competitive standpoint, we have some catching up to do.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: Bubas Cup 21 May 2017

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun May 21, 2017 2:01 pm

We did so much better in the Bubas the first two years. We have some issues, but we also seem to have a situation of everything converging at once. I do hope we don't turn into the ULM of the Sun Belt, but I don't think we will. It took us 5 years to win our first cup in the SoCon then we went on a great run. It will be harder to do in the Sun Belt, I think, but I have faith in the AD, and win or lose we have some wonderful APR numbers this year.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”