Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sun Belt Transportation Options

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Sun Belt Transportation Options

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 pm

I posted this on CSNBBS a few days ago and meant to also post here. Anyone can edit. Feel free to add both to Boone or any location.

Add https:// to docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mw6DODjmTE9miea1U53u2KVItq76_T_OHtPX7ZLREVA/edit#gid=0

if you want to cut and paste into a web browser address bar.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

appst89
Site Admin

Re: Sun Belt Transportation Options

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:20 am

There's been a lot of talk lately of Amtrak coming to Bristol. If it ever happens, that would be a much closer stop for anyone taking the train to an App game.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: Sun Belt Transportation Options

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 am

Yes, train for a game in Boone is not really an option, though it is possible to then take the Mountaineer Express bus from Greensboro to Boone, and if the game starts early enough one could see the entire game before taking the bus back to Greensboro. The train and bus lines operate out of buildings on the same parcel of land in downtown Greensboro and for those in the know all the waiting areas even connect via a stairwell and hallways so one can stay out of the weather if desired in making a transfer from various areas of the Depot.

The train connection at Greensboro from the Mountaineer Express would need a hotel stay over I think if you took the Carolinian or Piedmont but the Crescent would just need a willingness to hang out at the Greensboro station for some hours. Though it is a beautiful building and there are worse places to stay for a few hours.

Roanoke it picking up service later this year but the train is part of the Northeast corridor up to Boston and Roanoke is the terminus, which is presently stopping at Lynchburg. Much like the Piedmont and Carolinian service in NC which is state funded, this Amtrak route is funded by the state of Virginia. I was not aware of a proposal to Bristol but sure enough I just looked it up and that is the proposed terminus at some point in the future.

Given this proposed stop only feeds northwards it would not be very convenient for Sun Belt fans living in the Sun Belt footprint, but it would make it an option.

I came in to cool off from working outside and was only going to sit for a minute, then the subject of trains came up and here I am 30 minutes later. :-)
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”