Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Brutal Welcome to the Sun Belt for CCU

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
hotrod2001
School: Appalachian State

Brutal Welcome to the Sun Belt for CCU

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:41 pm

I"ve been on hiatus for a while, but I just checked Coastal Carolina's inagural FBS schedule and...damn. It's like the SBC is hazing them in their freshman year.

They're making them play all of the big names in the conference, including back to back away games at Ark State and App State. Plus Troy, plus Georgia Southern, plus a resurgent Idaho. And then for a real kick in the teeth, a mid-season game against Arkansas and then their coach takes a leave of absence...damn.

Welcome to the Sun Belt Chanticleers!

proasu89

Re: Brutal Welcome to the Sun Belt for CCU

Unread post by proasu89 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:08 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:I"ve been on hiatus for a while, but I just checked Coastal Carolina's inagural FBS schedule and...damn. It's like the SBC is hazing them in their freshman year.

They're making them play all of the big names in the conference, including back to back away games at Ark State and App State. Plus Troy, plus Georgia Southern, plus a resurgent Idaho. And then for a real kick in the teeth, a mid-season game against Arkansas and then their coach takes a leave of absence...damn.

Seems like our first year. Southern, stAte, and the Cajuns on the road.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:18 am

hotrod2001 wrote:I"ve been on hiatus for a while, but I just checked Coastal Carolina's inagural FBS schedule and...damn. It's like the SBC is hazing them in their freshman year.

I am sure Moglia left the team in good hands with Chadwell. Chadwell is a proven winner in the disadvantaged coaches category. Their schedule is however a real beast.

luvyosef

Unread post by luvyosef » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 am

It will pay off for them in the long run as I expect them to be quite formidable in the SBC for years to come.
Appalachian State University (Excellence since 1899)

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am

I think they will be a mid teir or lower SunBelt program. They have never impressed me in FCS and can't imagine that changes much in FBS. I just don't see them up there with the top 4 teams in the conference. I expect them to be like a South Alabama, get some wins here and there, maybe sneak in a bowl game with 6 wins but never really challenge for the title.

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 am

It should not mean much but I still think about that bad day at Kidd Brewer when a Chadwell coached Charleston Southern team beat the Mountaineers. Never underestimate an opponent.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 am

eggers76 wrote:It should not mean much but I still think about that bad day at Kidd Brewer when a Chadwell coached Charleston Southern team beat the Mountaineers. Never underestimate an opponent.
Agree on never underestimating an opponent...remember the '07 team that beat 5th ranked Michigan also lost to Wofford a few weekends later...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”