Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UL v Texas State

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
hapapp
School: Appalachian State

UL v Texas State

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Looks like the Cajuns are beginning to figure things out on defense...two strong games in a row.

EastHallApp

Re: UL v Texas State

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 am

Would it be overkill to make yet another joke about Texas State being "much improved"? It would? Ah screw it, I'll do it anyway.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Looks more like we were just sleep walking through San Marcos that night. I did notice a different QB at the helm for them last night.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:29 pm

There are those who continue to overlook the basic line of argument about Texas State - it was the first conference game, the defending champions coming to town, playing the head coach's alma mater --- All teams feel that if they can get off to a good start they can have a good year - all teams enter the season with enthusiasm and with the feeling that all the hard work in the off-season will pay off - we were the perfect scenario for TXST - if they had beaten us who knows where they would be today - maybe 3-0 --- they lost and if a culture of winning hasn't been previously established then a crushing lost can cause that kind of team to start on a downward slide - I think this is what happened ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:43 pm

They're a bad team, WV. They've been bad in literally every game they've played this season before AND after us (not to mention all of last season too). They're not getting blown out every week just because they came up a yard short against us.

We just had a bad night, which is obvious now. Thankfully, we escaped. I'm just poking a little fun at everyone who insisted they were so improved, now that that is objectively not true.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:40 pm

I agree we had a bad night and yes, thankfully we escaped - however, you just can't overlook the fact that that was game #1 for them to have a better year - good teams bounce back from that kind of set-back - bad teams do not ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:26 pm

There's a chance we might "escape" eight league games this year. If we do that, they'll give us a trophy.

And I'll be a heart patient.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:40 pm
I agree we had a bad night and yes, thankfully we escaped - however, you just can't overlook the fact that that was game #1 for them to have a better year - good teams bounce back from that kind of set-back - bad teams do not ---
How do you think Clemson feels this morning? - I am willing to bet they would have accepted a bad performance and escaping with a Win --- And this clearly makes Syracuse's season a success regardless of their final record ----
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 am

Time either "exposes" or "elevates." It's clear now that Tx State hasn't improved and and injuries may have impacted them negatively since we played them IDK, but they sure looked better in our game than they did last year. We came close to a 2 score victory but that's football, a play here or there can determine the outcome of the game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”