Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Lunsford to be permanent GaSo head coach

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
moonshine
School: Appalachian State

Re: Lunsford to be permanent GaSo head coach

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:06 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:54 pm
If CL is going to re-install the TO then the recruits that Sloan could get out of Georgia shouldn’t really hurt us would they? The reason why we are so successful in Georgia is that two of the three biggest in state programs run gimmick offenses. I would think Elliot is a bigger issue for us in the state of Gawga than Sloan would be.
Probably not as many issues with players on the offensive side of the ball assuming they stick with the TO but definitely on the defensive side as I imagine Sloan would probably try to install a 3-4 similar to Woody's.

Elliott will definitely be a force as it seems his players have always loved playing for him. He can sell the new stadium and hotlanta to recruits.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:15 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:53 pm
No doubt if Sloan goes we may lose some recruits but I don't think he will poach anyone who has committed to us at this point. If we lose them its because they wanted to go where he was going not because he encouraged them.
You are more optimistic than I would be in that scenario. Most coaches who change jobs are all-in for their new employer the moment they sign the contract. Not much room for sentimentality in recruiting.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:35 pm

All of our recruits don't play offense.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:48 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:15 pm
hapapp wrote:
No doubt if Sloan goes we may lose some recruits but I don't think he will poach anyone who has committed to us at this point. If we lose them its because they wanted to go where he was going not because he encouraged them.
You are more optimistic than I would be in that scenario. Most coaches who change jobs are all-in for their new employer the moment they sign the contract. Not much room for sentimentality in recruiting.
If I am not mistaken, GS only has about 10 schollys open for this year. Of course that doesn’t factor in attrition of transfers.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Just going by what he supposedly has stated. Not saying we wouldn't lose any recruits but that he wouldn't approach them about jumping ship. He's not a Willie Fritz.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:00 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Just going by what he supposedly has stated. Not saying we wouldn't lose any recruits but that he wouldn't approach them about jumping ship. He's not a Willie Fritz.
Maybe not, but Fritz only did what most other coaches in his situation have done.

Hopefully we don't find out - don't see that Sloan would have much to gain by going to GS.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:02 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:35 pm
All of our recruits don't play offense.
True, and really, we might compete for offensive recruits everywhere but QB. They've signed some good WRs the past few years (not that they use them for anything besides blocking) and they've certainly had some RBs who could have played at App. Even our QB recruiting has overlapped at times.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Hope GS never wins another game!!! Also hope we keep Sloan on board. He is a very good Recruiting Coord.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”