Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SBC Bowl Games

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: SBC Bowl Games

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:33 am

I'll watch Duke UK UNC play hoops. I'll watch Notre Dame Clemson UGA football....and others and may even pull for one or. the other to beat an opposing team....but a fan? Nope. I'm all things App.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 am

AppDawg wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm
ncman071 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:20 pm
This might sound a bit negative but I hate to see fans who abandon their alma maters. This is a shame. I know a certain App State grad who went all 4 years @ ASU and all he freaking talks about is Duke athletics. You go to his damn FB page and its Duke everything. He refers to Duke as "we" as if he is a part of it. I even asked him long ago if App and Duke were to play each other who would he pull for and he said "lets just hope they dont play each other". I wanted to punch him. I was a senior at App when he was a Freshman and I remember if we had a home game on the same day duke had a home game...he would travel to Durham to watch duke play. Makes me sick. I grew up an NCSU fan but when I took loans out to attend App..that was it. App State is my team in every sport and the only team I actually have an emotional investment in. I do have a grad degree from NCSU and want them to do well...but it does not eff up my day to see them lose.
I believe there once was an “App Law” specific to this kind of shenanigans...
What do you mean "Was?"
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 am
AppDawg wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm
ncman071 wrote:
This might sound a bit negative but I hate to see fans who abandon their alma maters. This is a shame. I know a certain App State grad who went all 4 years @ ASU and all he freaking talks about is Duke athletics. You go to his damn FB page and its Duke everything. He refers to Duke as "we" as if he is a part of it. I even asked him long ago if App and Duke were to play each other who would he pull for and he said "lets just hope they dont play each other". I wanted to punch him. I was a senior at App when he was a Freshman and I remember if we had a home game on the same day duke had a home game...he would travel to Durham to watch duke play. Makes me sick. I grew up an NCSU fan but when I took loans out to attend App..that was it. App State is my team in every sport and the only team I actually have an emotional investment in. I do have a grad degree from NCSU and want them to do well...but it does not eff up my day to see them lose.
I believe there once was an “App Law” specific to this kind of shenanigans...
What do you mean "Was?"
Touche’

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:58 pm

I bleed black and gold and I'm an alum. I grew up a die-hard tarhole.....and still pull for tarhole basketball but with not near the enthusiasm that I use to have predominantly due to the one and done system of the modern era hence I don't enjoy college basketball like I once did.

When App plays UNC in future football, I hope App DESTROYS the chickenshit holes!!!!!!!!
KICK ASS!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:58 pm
I bleed black and gold and I'm an alum. I grew up a die-hard tarhole.....and still pull for tarhole basketball but with not near the enthusiasm that I use to have predominantly due to the one and done system of the modern era hence I don't enjoy college basketball like I once did.

When App plays UNC in future football, I hope App DESTROYS the chickenshit holes!!!!!!!!
I am in the same boat as you. I watch the Heels b-ball if I have a desire. I am a fan of different teams for different reasons. Love the LSU environment. UCLA because I lived out there as a toddler and it was my first introduction to sports. But my money and my heart belong to App. To each his own.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 pm

ncman071 wrote:
My friends and associates are well aware of "Stonewall's Irrefutable Laws of the Universe".One of the highest is that if your are an alum of a school,college or university,it is your sacred obligation to support that institution against all enemies, foreign and domestic , well ...and athletic . Now if youre the guy behind the counter down at Johnny's Pump and Munch,you are free to pull for whoever and wear their colors( now available at Dollar General).Alums however should have pride and show it , live it in fact ,and give back in whatever way they can ,time,talent , financially.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”