Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN+ Up And Running

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
firemoose
School: Appalachian State

ESPN+ Up And Running

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:04 pm

ESPN Plus is up and running as of today. $4.99/month or $49.99/year. 30 day free trial if one signs up by April 18th, one week trial after that. I signed up for a year this morning. As we all know this is where the new Sun Belt TV deal comes into play. Obviously there will be some bugs to work out and more content will be added (especially if Disney buys 21st Century Fox, which would then put all the Fox Sports channels and regional networks on the platform but that deal is still to be decided). Anyway, for those that didn't know it's here now. Just a FYI for everyone.

jm18668

Re: ESPN+ Up And Running

Unread post by jm18668 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 pm

I cut the cord 6 months ago and it's tough sometimes to get ESPN streaming even though I have a Hulu live account. Hopefully this will fill that void.
Brad Manning '99
Raleigh, NC

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 pm

firemoose wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:04 pm
ESPN Plus is up and running as of today. $4.99/month or $49.99/year. 30 day free trial if one signs up by April 18th, one week trial after that. I signed up for a year this morning. As we all know this is where the new Sun Belt TV deal comes into play. Obviously there will be some bugs to work out and more content will be added (especially if Disney buys 21st Century Fox, which would then put all the Fox Sports channels and regional networks on the platform but that deal is still to be decided). Anyway, for those that didn't know it's here now. Just a FYI for everyone.
From today's issue of the WALL STREET JOURNAL... https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-espn-s ... dule=nwsrl
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Had to be away for a while but once I got back on I took a little time to look things over.

For the ROKU things couldn't have been easier. I didn't have to do anything. I'm already signed in with Spectrum on the WatchESPN app and when I opened it there was just more stuff there, including the SunBelt channel in the channel listings.

For the Android it was a little different. I opened the WatchESPN app and it was more like before. So I went to the Play Store and ESPN+ is at the top of the front page. I downloaded the new ESPN app, logged in with my info I used to sign up this morning, and the ESPN+ stuff was there. In the settings area it gave me a place to sign in with Spectrum and now everything from the old WatchESPN plus the new is in one place. Still figuring out where everything is but thought this is a good start so far. We'll see how it all shakes out.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 pm

asu66 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 pm
From today's issue of the WALL STREET JOURNAL... https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-espn-s ... dule=nwsrl
There's no point linking WSJ articles, ever. It's a subscriber only platform. If you subscribe, you probably know and have already discovered what content is of interest to you.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 am

This launch has been a little confusing to me. Will we have to pay to watch all App sports or will football and basketball still be available on ESPN3 or the WatchESPN app when available? Or is everything on the plus network now and you have to pay for it all?

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:31 am

appfanz wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 am
This launch has been a little confusing to me. Will we have to pay to watch all App sports or will football and basketball still be available on ESPN3 or the WatchESPN app when available? Or is everything on the plus network now and you have to pay for it all?
Ditto!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 am

appfanz wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 am
Will we have to pay to watch all App sports or will football and basketball still be available on ESPN3 or the WatchESPN app when available? Or is everything on the plus network now and you have to pay for it all?
I believe football broadcasts will stay the same. I think some basketball games will remain free but ESPN Plus will give you access to more basketball games and all the olympic sports.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:55 am

CVAPP wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 pm
asu66 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 pm
There's no point linking WSJ articles, ever. It's a subscriber only platform. If you subscribe, you probably know and have already discovered what content is of interest to you.
WSJ claims to have more than 750,000 subscribers in NC (including mine). Didn't think there was much downside to posting the link. If forum readers were offended, I suggest that they just skip over it and leave it in their rear-view mirrors. No harm was intended.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:41 pm

I am buying a new TV and was looking at Samsung. Does anyone have a smart Samsung tv and if so, do you know if they have an app that allows you to watch espn + without having to use apple tv or another 3rd party device?

Gnomeneer

Unread post by Gnomeneer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Yes, it will have the ESPN suite

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm

That's great! It might sound lazy, but it would be nice not to have to turn on another device. Thank you

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”