Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bubas Cup 24 March 2019

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Bubas Cup 24 March 2019

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:54 pm

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nPFu9-Rgm0mdQGxnTs_jWQQjJSXUgyqWqpP6YG445-M/edit#gid=0

There are some Sunday baseball and softball games not showing in the standings. As some may not or not know, both Men's and Women's Tennis is playing round robin matches this year so both of these sports will also have points from the regular season standings and not just the conference tournament. I assume standings will also determine seeding in the tournament as well unlike using national rankings as in years past. This is the first round robin tennis at least since App joined the Sun Belt.

It is worth noting the points earned by the men and women this year. It would take us going back many years into the SoCon days to see such a difference with the points earned by the men and women. (As the older folks know the SoCon had a Cup for each gender.) Generally App tends to be fairly balanced. It is almost 2-1 in favor of the women this year. And the women are the reason we are in a tight battle for the Bubas Cup, which has not been the case this late in the academic year since moving to the Sun Belt.

To get to the spreadsheet cut and paste the url above. In other method of me posting a hard link is not working.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ClickClackApp

Re: Bubas Cup 24 March 2019

Unread post by ClickClackApp » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 am

This is quality info.

Thanks!

Glad to see DG making the right hires in the Women sports. Hope next year the MBB team adds to a Bubas cup win

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: Bubas Cup 24 March 2019

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:40 pm

ClickClackApp wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 am
This is quality info.

Thanks!

Glad to see DG making the right hires in the Women sports. Hope next year the MBB team adds to a Bubas cup win
GaSo has had some years and some sports here and there on the women's side that have done well, but I have to wonder what they are doing with funding, as in, coaches salaries, equipment, other resources for the women's sports where I would not be surprised in\f Title IX became and issue. I am not a lawyer and the bar is high but to prove anything like this but it is not a one off every few years but most year there is a big spread between their men and women's sports.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”