School: Appalachian State

APP Should remain FCS

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Gonzo

Re: APP Should remain FCS

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:44 pm

What. An. Idiot.

The only thing worse than his "research" and grammar is his logic. I hope he got an F.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:06 pm

I kept trying to find the research in this website? True research shows both sides of the story the pros and cons, this whole website is someones point of view with a few articles attached, pathetic.

asucrutch23

Unread post by asucrutch23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Feasibility Study > Student research

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:14 pm

App State to make a bold move and go DII

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Affects? effects? Come on Dylan You act like you have been educated at UNCC.....

cbarrier90

Unread post by cbarrier90 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm

It's funny. The longer this wait for us drags on, the more I'm beginning to think the backlash from not making a move would be far greater than the backlash from actually making a move.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Nice research kid. Compare us to start up program FIU which we have nothing in common with. Then to further make it worse you state a false fact that they have never had a winning season. Did 2010 and 2011 not count? Would it be too much to ask to go back 3 years to research that?
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:35 pm

obviously a guy who is looking of attention and is not willing to look at this objectively. Not too worried about him and his "petition", Peacock and the administration has already made it clear that we will move up when the right sitution presents itself. I hightly doubt that the administration is taking this guy seriously. One thing I do wonder about is the timing of this petition, the rumor is the SBC meeting is early march to discuss our admittence to the conference, I wonder if he is trying to cast App in a "bad light" to the SBC by trying to fool them into believing that there is a strong resistence by the student population to making the move.

appstategrad2008

Unread post by appstategrad2008 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 pm

moehler wrote:obviously a guy who is looking of attention and is not willing to look at this objectively. Not too worried about him and his "petition", Peacock and the administration has already made it clear that we will move up when the right sitution presents itself. I hightly doubt that the administration is taking this guy seriously. One thing I do wonder about is the timing of this petition, the rumor is the SBC meeting is early march to discuss our admittence to the conference, I wonder if he is trying to cast App in a "bad light" to the SBC by trying to fool them into believing that there is a strong resistence by the student population to making the move.

I think this process is already too far along for the SBC to be influenced by a disgruntled student with a WCU undergraduate's grammar...

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:04 am

never said it would even had a chance to work , but this is a pathetic attempt by an indivional desperate for attention, so nothing surprises me.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 am

Anyone who spells losing like "loosing" has no business drafting up petitions.

ImfromClayton
School: Charlotte

Unread post by ImfromClayton » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:44 am

Rekdiver wrote:Affects? effects? Come on Dylan You act like you have been educated at UNCC.....
Why bring Charlotte into this?

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:32 am

He is a kid. When I think back to some of the foolish things I did at that age, well nothing THAT foolish. I love his passion for the program but he needs a reality check.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:30 am

He'll get one when he starts paying taxes

MountainMan

Unread post by MountainMan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:57 am

Geez, where did all the folks go that usually love to support the Constitution and free speech and freedom of thought?

I don't agree with the guy, but I certainly understand that there is not going to be 100% support for a move to FBS. I also understand that with rising tuition and rising student fees, someone that wants a good college education and does not love college athletics could hold the same position as this guy. It's not a logically crazy position. His efforts are unlikely to have any real impact on the administration, the Sun Belt, or much else, but he is certainly entitled to take a stand if he desires to do so.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:24 am

Everyone has a right to express an opinion. However, when he presents it as "research" in a public forum, he should expect that others have the right to call BS and critique his "work."
:roll:

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 am

Appftw wrote:Anyone who spells losing like "loosing" has no business drafting up petitions.
To be fair, we're not all that familiar with the term (spelled correctly, or incorrectly) at App State. ;)
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:33 am

The one point he makes that I do like is that this jump in the football program will affect you whether you are a football fan or not. That is a pretty accurate statement and one not often mentioned on this board because everyone here is a football fan (or so it seems).

What will all the ramifications be on the students who are just there for an education and a social life, that don't give a rats behind about football? (Student fees etc...) What about the townsfolk and the city itself? Will more police be needed at football games with more stadium expansions? Is the city going to foot the bill for certain things?

Some of this has been brought up before but since you guys are on a path to tear this guy to shreds I thought I would point out something he said that I do agree with.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 am

Excellent point. Counter point; for every dollar the town on Boone spends on gameday prep such as police they receive 10 fold the revenue via hotel, gas, food, etc. spend.

As for student fees the real answer to this "problem" isn't solved by staying FCS or going FBS it is solved by alumni donating to the Yosef Club and other areas of the university. The more revenue that comes from those sources the less that has to come from student fees.

As a percentage of athletic funding App's student fees cover 55% of the expenses much lower than any SoCon school. Is that good enough, heck no we can do better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”