Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 7493
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 1364 times
Been thanked: 1730 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by biggie » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:17 pm

GaSt RB to Mizzou


User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 7493
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 1364 times
Been thanked: 1730 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by biggie » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:23 pm

Marsha doesn't like QBs?

Chase Harrison
0.8400
HS
QB
ENTERED
12/11/2023

Stonewall
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2723 times
Been thanked: 2642 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:27 pm

Hearing Huff is back on the hot seat for his comments. Marshall meltdown. Carroll to Drink !

User avatar
Bootsy
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 665 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:11 pm

biggie wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:17 pm
GaSt RB to Mizzou

Can you imagine how excited this young man will be to play in front of a stadium full of fans?

AppinVA
Posts: 13459
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3035 times
Been thanked: 2818 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:11 pm
biggie wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:17 pm
GaSt RB to Mizzou

Can you imagine how excited this young man will be to play in front of a stadium full of fans?
GaSt is coming up here next year, so he could have at least once.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appstate24
Posts: 1522
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2013 times
Been thanked: 1207 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:55 pm

Hate, saying this, but unc concord is killing it right now in the portal. Not sure if Biff is using his own money to buy a new team or what, but I’ve seen 4-5 offensive lineman commit all from the SEC or Clemson. They just got the QB from Florida that entered the portal, among others.

GO APPS!!

BayouApp
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by BayouApp » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:46 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:55 pm
Hate, saying this, but unc concord is killing it right now in the portal. Not sure if Biff is using his own money to buy a new team or what, but I’ve seen 4-5 offensive lineman commit all from the SEC or Clemson. They just got the QB from Florida that entered the portal, among others.

GO APPS!!
Hope (and assume) we are going after some too, especially lineman.

Bigdaddyg1
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:51 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 701 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 am

Of the 1,000 or so players in the Portal how many are offensive linemen who are over 6'4" and 300 pounds and have actually had meaningful snaps in games? How many of these players stood on the sidelines for 2 years? Do we actually have recruited offensive linemen who have spent time in the weight room at our school and can vie for spots? This isn't to say we don't look for some guys but is our cupboard bare?

Stonewall
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2723 times
Been thanked: 2642 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 am

We will need a new offensive line to win a championship. Losing three in the middle and the tackles struggling. I don’t know if we have what we need .

311neers
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 930 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:56 am

appstate24 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:55 pm
Hate, saying this, but unc concord is killing it right now in the portal. Not sure if Biff is using his own money to buy a new team or what, but I’ve seen 4-5 offensive lineman commit all from the SEC or Clemson. They just got the QB from Florida that entered the portal, among others.

GO APPS!!
They sure are. Maybe they'll be a little more competitive in the 2025 opener.

Hopeful we have silent commits from the portal that just haven't announced yet.

User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 12254
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Other
Location: Born: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 4604 times
Been thanked: 2518 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:21 pm

Maybe they just want to go to a program which is so bad that they will surely start from day 1
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 3227
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 1719 times
Been thanked: 1775 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:57 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:55 pm
Hate, saying this, but unc concord is killing it right now in the portal. Not sure if Biff is using his own money to buy a new team or what, but I’ve seen 4-5 offensive lineman commit all from the SEC or Clemson. They just got the QB from Florida that entered the portal, among others.

GO APPS!!
Well, they needed to add a bunch to replace the mass exodus.

Stonewall
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2723 times
Been thanked: 2642 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:21 pm


ASUFan4863
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:57 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 328 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:31 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:21 pm
Maybe they just want to go to a program which is so bad that they will surely start from day 1
Bingo. Cash in on Biffy’s NIL money and start day 1 because there is no competition.

Bigdaddyg1
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:51 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 701 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:36 pm

I simply can't see the financial logic behind paying probably just ok football players to play at what is most likely a middle of the road G5. Do some people literally have more money than sense? I enjoy my sports but for the life of me I can't wrap my brain around shitting money like this in hopes of winning, especially with a program like UNCC.

ASUFan4863
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:57 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 328 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:39 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 am
We will need a new offensive line to win a championship. Losing three in the middle and the tackles struggling. I don’t know if we have what we need .
It will be interesting what happens but we added Gentry and Scroggs last year in preparation for this. They will likely be the 2 new starting guards. We need 2 more OL in the portal and that can be best available. Either a center and tackle or 2 tackles.

Ultimately, the answer may be within the roster or even an incoming freshman. Can our staff and young OL make a step forward to be the next man up? I sure hope so.

User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 1462 times
Been thanked: 1912 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:55 pm

I feel like Biff is trying to buy immediate success in hopes he can move on to somewhere that will pay the players so he doesn’t have to.

Buying good/great players is fine, but there has to be someone to coach them and manage the game, and I don’t think they’ve got the staff to do that. You can out-athlete high school teams. You can’t do that in FBS football.
Give 'em hell!

Stonewall
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2723 times
Been thanked: 2642 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:11 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:39 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 am
We will need a new offensive line to win a championship. Losing three in the middle and the tackles struggling. I don’t know if we have what we need .
It will be interesting what happens but we added Gentry and Scroggs last year in preparation for this. They will likely be the 2 new starting guards. We need 2 more OL in the portal and that can be best available. Either a center and tackle or 2 tackles.

Ultimately, the answer may be within the roster or even an incoming freshman. Can our staff and young OL make a step forward to be the next man up? I sure hope so.
They need to have it figured out. I hope they do. It’s a make or break contract year.

mike87
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1286 times
Been thanked: 1080 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by mike87 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:51 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:36 pm
I simply can't see the financial logic behind paying probably just ok football players to play at what is most likely a middle of the road G5. Do some people literally have more money than sense? I enjoy my sports but for the life of me I can't wrap my brain around shitting money like this in hopes of winning, especially with a program like UNCC.
yes.

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4114
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1492 times
Been thanked: 2819 times

Re: Other SB schools losing players to Transfer Portal

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:13 pm

mike87 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:51 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:36 pm
I simply can't see the financial logic behind paying probably just ok football players to play at what is most likely a middle of the road G5. Do some people literally have more money than sense? I enjoy my sports but for the life of me I can't wrap my brain around shitting money like this in hopes of winning, especially with a program like UNCC.
yes.
Well, I think the goal is that if they are a "middle of the road G5s"... getting good players via nil makes the program "elite G5"....I would assume that is the strategy. Hope it fails miserably for them..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”