• Birthdays
No politics means NO POLITICS! It's not open for discussion or debate. This will be the only warning.

Armanti Jersey help?

User avatar
Deano
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:13 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by Deano » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 am

Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions, I am finally building a man cave and I am looking everywhere for an old Armanti #14 adult size football jersey. I've checked ebay, Amazon, Mountaineer Mania and Appalachian Tees in Boone, and none of them say they have one anymore. I reached out to Sports Fan Attic at the Boone mall but haven't heard back yet.

Anyone have any suggestions? The Appalachain Bookstore says they don't have individual players jerseys anymore just generic ones. I'm about out of ideas.



User avatar
SayYesToTheRock
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 am

Replica player jerseys have been –– and continue to be –– a huge miss for the university.

In 2019, arguably our most successful season, no authentic jerseys were sold by the university. Read that again. The only Nike replica jersey you could get ANYWHERE was a #1 jersey sold on the Dick's Sporting Goods website. A team with Darrynton Evans, ADG, Zac Thomas, Hennigan & Sutton, and not a single replica jersey bearing their numbers was sold.

Currently in Boone, the only replica jersey available is a #20 (presumably because the current year is 2020). It's pathetic there are none of our star player's numbers.

I believe there are some online sellers of knock-off jerseys that will even put the last name on the jersey (since licensed apparel can't have player names). Strictly speaking, buying unlicensed is bad for the university and is trademark infringement, but in this case I see it as a permissible evil if it gives the university a kick in the rear to meet the demand for player jerseys.



User avatar
Deano
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:13 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by Deano » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:43 am

I totally agree, what a missed marketing opportunity by the University. For example since I haven't been able to find an App Armanti jersey, I went on the Carolina Panthers website and through their website you can customize a panthers jersey, you can put the number and name that you want, so I made an Armanti #10 Panthers jersey. Its something, better than nothing, but still why doesn't app have any player jerseys?



Appstate88
Posts: 1919
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 945 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Deano wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 am
Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions, I am finally building a man cave and I am looking everywhere for an old Armanti #14 adult size football jersey. I've checked ebay, Amazon, Mountaineer Mania and Appalachian Tees in Boone, and none of them say they have one anymore. I reached out to Sports Fan Attic at the Boone mall but haven't heard back yet.

Anyone have any suggestions? The Appalachain Bookstore says they don't have individual players jerseys anymore just generic ones. I'm about out of ideas.
Sorry, No help with a jersey but, if I could build a man cave I think a couple of these would look cool. https://www.khcsports.com/catalog/appal ... gIwyfD_BwE



User avatar
Deano
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:13 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by Deano » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:06 pm

Ok thats pretty cool.



User avatar
AppStateMtneer
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:46 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm
Deano wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 am
Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions, I am finally building a man cave and I am looking everywhere for an old Armanti #14 adult size football jersey. I've checked ebay, Amazon, Mountaineer Mania and Appalachian Tees in Boone, and none of them say they have one anymore. I reached out to Sports Fan Attic at the Boone mall but haven't heard back yet.

Anyone have any suggestions? The Appalachain Bookstore says they don't have individual players jerseys anymore just generic ones. I'm about out of ideas.
Sorry, No help with a jersey but, if I could build a man cave I think a couple of these would look cool. https://www.khcsports.com/catalog/appal ... gIwyfD_BwE
That's cool. Haven't ordered from this site before but I like these too:
https://www.sportsgifts.com/appalachian ... team-.html

edit*
https://www.sportsgifts.com/search-resu ... image2.y=0



Appstate88
Posts: 1919
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 945 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Not exactly right but, maybe you could call and get #14 modified to say Edwards.

https://www.appstatefootballjersey.onli ... o2cr87to65



User avatar
Deano
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:13 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by Deano » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:01 pm
Not exactly right but, maybe you could call and get #14 modified to say Edwards.

https://www.appstatefootballjersey.onli ... o2cr87to65
Thanks that might be an option , I'll have to contact the administrators of that site.



Yosef84
Posts: 2924
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 511 times
Been thanked: 1391 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:05 am

I could be wrong but isn't there an NCAA prohibition against selling the jerseys with player's name on them? I know you can get them customized with your own name. I don't know if they'll allow you to put any name you want on there. I guess there is no harm in asking.



User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 1931
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 826 times
Been thanked: 916 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:38 am

I still have mine from 2007 or 2008. I’ve only washed it about 4 times in the past 12 years, which represents the number of times we lost to the Stink.



User avatar
App91
Posts: 3650
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 480 times
Been thanked: 379 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by App91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:06 am

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 am
Replica player jerseys have been –– and continue to be –– a huge miss for the university.

In 2019, arguably our most successful season, no authentic jerseys were sold by the university. Read that again. The only Nike replica jersey you could get ANYWHERE was a #1 jersey sold on the Dick's Sporting Goods website. A team with Darrynton Evans, ADG, Zac Thomas, Hennigan & Sutton, and not a single replica jersey bearing their numbers was sold.

Currently in Boone, the only replica jersey available is a #20 (presumably because the current year is 2020). It's pathetic there are none of our star player's numbers.

I believe there are some online sellers of knock-off jerseys that will even put the last name on the jersey (since licensed apparel can't have player names). Strictly speaking, buying unlicensed is bad for the university and is trademark infringement, but in this case I see it as a permissible evil if it gives the university a kick in the rear to meet the demand for player jerseys.
Not sure but i think the bookstore lost their, *ahem*, shirt on the last ones they did. Tried to sell the real thing and were over $150. They were on the rack for a couple years



User avatar
SayYesToTheRock
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:45 pm

App91 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:06 am
Not sure but i think the bookstore lost their, *ahem*, shirt on the last ones they did. Tried to sell the real thing and were over $150. They were on the rack for a couple years
Yeah, I recall they sold "real" jerseys with the big shoulders + elastic designed for pads. Those aren't big sellers because they look bad and were uncomfortable to wear.

The replicas that look just like the real jerseys, but fit like a big t-shirt are the way to go.

I still think they should sell completely authentic jerseys for framing purposes, though. How many of us would buy a #14 that looks just like the jersey Armanti Edwards wore from 06-09? It could be a cash cow.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Alumni Chatter”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests