Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

One passion, One heart beat, One University!

Collegiate Apparel
School: Appalachian State

One passion, One heart beat, One University!

Unread post by Collegiate Apparel » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Collegiate APParel is a new company specializing in unique Appalachian State merchandise. We are based in Charlotte, NC. Check out our website, www.collegiateapparelplus.com, to view or t-shirt's, decals, license tags, and more to come! Like us on FB to receive new information on new merchandise, specials, and also upcoming Alumni and fan events. Kick off party, August 10th...you will NOT want to miss it! We are collecting appalachian "retired" sports gear to finish decorating our new Appalachian HUB. If you have anything to donate, please contact us. Go Neer's!
Attachments
VitalSigns_EKG_Black.jpg

ASUMountaineer

Re: One passion, One heart beat, One University!

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 am

Hey man, I really like your stuff it looks good. Are the shirts 100% cotton, or the vintage, thin material?
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:41 am

Got one of the vintage App Pride decals last week! NICE WORK!
Go APPS!

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Sorry I can't get past the tacky web site flow. I wouldn't mind looking at your merchandise if it worked a little better.

Not trying to put down your business and I wish you the best (APPState fans need more branded products) but I'd work on the site a little more.

Collegiate Apparel

Unread post by Collegiate Apparel » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:14 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:Hey man, I really like your stuff it looks good. Are the shirts 100% cotton, or the vintage, thin material?

Most of the t-shirts are Gildan 100% cotton. The EKG "A" is the only design at this time that is available in poly performance short or long sleeve shirt. Thank you for checking us out.

Collegiate Apparel

Unread post by Collegiate Apparel » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:17 pm

asutrnr81 wrote:Got one of the vintage App Pride decals last week! NICE WORK!
Awesome. Thank you for the support.

Collegiate Apparel

Unread post by Collegiate Apparel » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Maddog1956 wrote:Sorry I can't get past the tacky web site flow. I wouldn't mind looking at your merchandise if it worked a little better.

Not trying to put down your business and I wish you the best (APPState fans need more branded products) but I'd work on the site a little more.
We appreciate you looking at our website and giving your feedback. We are a small business and have been focusing on sharing our passion, and enthusiasm about Appalachian with others in as many ways as possible while staying somewhat on a budget. I hope that you will check us out again in the future, as a new website is on the way. Thank you again.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Maddog1956 wrote:Sorry I can't get past the tacky web site flow. I wouldn't mind looking at your merchandise if it worked a little better.

I'm pretty sure they just used a Wix builder template and New Relic which probably means none of them are actual web designers so I wouldn't be too hard on them. I know some templates like to use nothing but tiles to click on but I just don't think it works well enough. When a website is covered in tiles I don't think enough information is being relayed to the customers and the tiles take up a lot of space that could probably be used in a better way. When you use a lot of tiles you need more information surrounding ala dicks sporting goods since we are talking sports apparel. http://tinyurl.com/ko9m7uw Tiles are present but to the left is a static menu and the top has a drop down menu. Each tile has a clear description that doesn't interfere with its picture. Omega sports has a similar website.
Another example is our very own go asu. http://shop.goasu.com/ While there are tiles there is also an abundance of information and menus everywhere. The drop down menus at the top is definitely a necessity for any kind of apparel store.

They have a good idea with the usage of the block A so lets ee how far they can run with it.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:58 pm

appdaze wrote: I'm pretty sure they just used a Wix builder template and New Relic which probably means none of them are actual web designers so I wouldn't be too hard on them.
Maybe I was a little hard, but it was meant to help.

It's not so much the tiles (they do waste a lot of space however) as much as the page transitions. It's a "swipe down" type movement that I guess is designed to mimic a mobile app page swipe, but it forces you to take your eyes off the page which is not what a storefront should do. Not only does it break your "shopping" concentration, but it almost makes me a little sick. Maybe it doesn't affect others that way, but I just found it weird.

I think the "tiles" concept was used to keep the "mobile" type influence or to make it make it "mobile friendly" but it's easy enough to have a mobile skin or interface for mobile devices but you really want you main page to "pop" with info when the client is on a full screen monitor.

But that's just my 2 cents, I think one of the owners is a VA major so maybe I'm clueless, but I hadn't felt like posting much lately. lol

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Collegiate Apparel wrote:

We appreciate you looking at our website and giving your feedback. We are a small business and have been focusing on sharing our passion, and enthusiasm about Appalachian with others in as many ways as possible while staying somewhat on a budget. I hope that you will check us out again in the future, as a new website is on the way. Thank you again.
I"m glad you took my comment in the way it was intended. I think the concept of a web site with as much App gear as possible is great. If i was you I would even look at being a integrator/reseller of other App items found at other locations. I looked all over to find a "3 times national champ" flag and still want to find a App grill. Also most of the brick and mortar stores downtown don't create their own stuff any more so it's just "hit-and-miss" on finding the right designed on the right item. The "cafe press" type concept of a design that you can put on multiple items would be the way to go for me.

Good luck and best wishes in your business!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:46 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:Hey man, I really like your stuff it looks good. Are the shirts 100% cotton, or the vintage, thin material?

Most of the t-shirts are Gildan 100% cotton. The EKG "A" is the only design at this time that is available in poly performance short or long sleeve shirt. Thank you for checking us out.
Sounds good...also, are the pre-shrunk? I know this is a lot to ask, but I'm kind of a tweener in sizes, so it makes a difference. Thanks!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Maddog, I think you have been way too hard on CA's website. I think it's fine if not above average for a start-up company.

Collegiate Apparel, nice looking stuff and your website works for me. When I get more time I will be shopping and buying at your website.

appstategrad2008

Unread post by appstategrad2008 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Do you guys have an actual storefront? I'm going to be in Charlotte next month, and I would certainly have to make a stop!

Collegiate Apparel

Unread post by Collegiate Apparel » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:48 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:

Sounds good...also, are the pre-shrunk? I know this is a lot to ask, but I'm kind of a tweener in sizes, so it makes a difference. Thanks!
No they are not pre-shrunk. 6oz. 100% cotton Gildan t-shirts run true to size.

Collegiate Apparel

Unread post by Collegiate Apparel » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:54 pm

appstategrad2008 wrote:Do you guys have an actual storefront? I'm going to be in Charlotte next month, and I would certainly have to make a stop!
We do not have a store front but Pro-Image at South Park and Carolina Place Mall have a few of our designs. We only have a small inventory that we keep for special events. Depending upon your location in Charlotte or what you may be looking for there is a possibility we could meet you at convenient location.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:29 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:

No they are not pre-shrunk. 6oz. 100% cotton Gildan t-shirts run true to size.
Thanks again!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 am

If you need help with the website (hosting, design, development, etc), don't hesitate to ask! That's what I do for a living and am always willing to help a member of the App family!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

App74

Unread post by App74 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 am

Seriously love the cardiac A. Had to order one of those! No problem with your website. I'll be watching for polo shirts.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am

CVAPP wrote:Maddog, I think you have been way too hard on CA's website. I think it's fine if not above average for a start-up company.

Collegiate Apparel, nice looking stuff and your website works for me. When I get more time I will be shopping and buying at your website.
Agree 100%. Very cool designs too CA!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Alumni Chatter”