Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Lake Norman Alumni Chapter Kickoff and Viewing Party

ASUMountaineer
School: Appalachian State

Lake Norman Alumni Chapter Kickoff and Viewing Party

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Hey everybody. We're proud to announce that the Lake Norman Alumni Chapter is up and running! An email was sent out from the Alumni Association yesterday that announced the chapter and provided details about our first event! Thanks to super App fan, cdapps, for opening up Harvey's in Huntersville to LKN alums and working with us to create a fantastic event! The email (below) also includes a link to a survey to find out what types of events LKN area alums are interested in. If you live in the Lake Norman area, please take a few minutes to complete the survey. Thanks for checking us out, and feel free to reach out via PM here, or via any contact methods included below.

GO APPS!
-Chris, a.k.a. ASUMountaineer
Hello Appalachian State Alumni,

We are excited to introduce you to the new Lake Norman Alumni Chapter Leadership Board. We will be working together in the coming months to plan events and activities and connect Appalachian alumni together throughout the Lake Norman area.

The new board members are:

President:
Chris Daniels '03

Leadership Board:
Kellie Collins '11
Crystal Lockler '09
Seth Stratton '05

Please feel free to reach out to us at lknappstate@gmail.com if you have any suggestions or would like to assist with future events. We also invite you to complete a short survey ( https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/?sm=Hd1I ... %2fw%3d%3d ) that will help the board determine what you would like to see from the chapter. We appreciate your feedback and your ideas.

We hope you will join us for the Lake Norman Chapter kickoff social at Harvey's ( http://www.harveyslkn.com ) on Saturday, September 26, 2015. This social includes a viewing party for the Appalachian State-Old Dominion football game, corn hole boards set up outside, and for just $10, you'll get a BBQ plate and 2 drinks (paid directly to Harvey's at the event). The social starts at 2:00 p.m. and the game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. (though cdapps will have the party starting at 12;30). All Appalachian family and friends are welcome, but we do ask that you please RSVP below, so we know how much space to reserve. We hope to see you out in your black and gold to watch the Mountaineers take on the Monarchs. http://alumni.appstate.edu/events/lake- ... wing-party

Stay up-to-date with alumni activities by visiting the chapter web page. You can also connect with us, and other LKN area alumni, at:

Facebook - @LKNAppState
Twitter - @LKNAppState
Instagram - @LKNAppState

We look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you at upcoming events!

With Appalachian Pride,
Chris Daniels '03
Lake Norman Alumni Chapter President
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

ASUMountaineer

Re: Lake Norman Alumni Chapter Kickoff and Viewing Party

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:23 pm

Bump

I hope the posters in the LKN area can make it by for the viewing party. We're in the final planning stages for the event with Harvey's and are looking forward to a great time! Be sure to RSVP if you can make it.

Go Apps!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Anyway the Greensboro chapter can do more? I've tried emailing the representative listed on the alumni website, but no response.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:28 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:Bump

I hope the posters in the LKN area can make it by for the viewing party. We're in the final planning stages for the event with Harvey's and are looking forward to a great time! Be sure to RSVP if you can make it.

Go Apps!
I'll definitely be coming for the viewing party.

Although, I was very sad to find out that the Cornelius Harvey's location has closed

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:35 am

boonetown1 wrote:Anyway the Greensboro chapter can do more? I've tried emailing the representative listed on the alumni website, but no response.
Is it the Piedmont Chapter? It looks like they have an event on October 7th. If you can attend, you may be able to make contact. You can also reach out to the Alumni Association in Boone. They are very helpful, and love hearing about alums being interested in events. Or, reach out to the Forsyth Chapter, I hear they are active.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:36 am

mtnjax wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:Bump

Go Apps!
I'll definitely be coming for the viewing party.

Although, I was very sad to find out that the Cornelius Harvey's location has closed
Awesome! Yeah, we watched the ULL game there last year. I think the negative impact from the delayed opening of the Catawba Ave. bridge made many businesses on the west side of 77 suffer. But, Harvey's in Huntersville will be decked out in black and gold next weekend! Be sure to RSVP, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We'll see you there!

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:51 pm

WXAPP will be there! I'll see if I can drag along a few more!
Twitter: @wxcrum

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:21 pm

WXAPP wrote:WXAPP will be there! I'll see if I can drag along a few more!
Awesome! Thanks for sharing the our twitter account yesterday!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:32 am

We've had almost 2 dozen folks RSVP for the viewing party. Let's see if we can get that number up! LKN alums, consider joining us to watch App take on the Monarchs and support a great App alum owned business! If you can make it, please RSVP soon as it will help Charlie adequately prepare space and food at Harvey's. Go Apps!

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:59 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:We've had almost 2 dozen folks RSVP for the viewing party. Let's see if we can get that number up! LKN alums, consider joining us to watch App take on the Monarchs and support a great App alum owned business! If you can make it, please RSVP soon as it will help Charlie adequately prepare space and food at Harvey's. Go Apps!
have you made an event on Facebook for this? that might be a good way to get the word out

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:30 am

I'm considering attending, it just depends on a few things with the kiddo.
Give 'em hell!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:45 pm

mtnjax wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:We've had almost 2 dozen folks RSVP for the viewing party. Let's see if we can get that number up! LKN alums, consider joining us to watch App take on the Monarchs and support a great App alum owned business! If you can make it, please RSVP soon as it will help Charlie adequately prepare space and food at Harvey's. Go Apps!
have you made an event on Facebook for this? that might be a good way to get the word out
Yes, on our Facebook page and Harvey's page.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:46 pm

BeauFoster wrote:I'm considering attending, it just depends on a few things with the kiddo.
Nice! I'll have my kiddo there for a while, and so will another person that has RSVP'd that I know of. Feel free to bring the kiddo with you if it works out!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:28 am

It's game week! Aren't open week's the worst?!?

Anyways, one thing the LKN Alum Chapter is excited about for this weekend's kickoff/viewing party event is that Collegiate APParel (App alumni-owned business) will be joining our event. They will be set up and stocked with App gear and have generously offered to donate a portion of their proceeds to the LKN chapter. This is a great chance to check out an Alumni-owned restaurant/watering hole (Harvey's), an Alumni-owned Appalachian apparel retailer, and fellow alums in the LKN area.

If you want to attend, please RSVP here.

To find out more information, just click on any of the links below:
Appalachian State Alumni Association - Lake Norman Chapter
LKN Alums - Facebook
Collegiate APParel
Harvey's in Huntersville

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:27 pm

UPDATE: With the weather being so gloomy, I just want to let those that may have RSVP'd or considering attending that the event is still happening as planned. We all may have to huddle together to stay dry, but the delicious food and drinks should make everything ok. The viewing party portion will definitely be inside. Hope to see y'all there!

DoubleA

Unread post by DoubleA » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:50 pm

Great turnout at Harvey's today. this is a great atmosphere for ASU games and was well done. Thanks to organizers and Harveys for putting this together

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Awesome turnout today for the Lake Norman Alumni Chapter Kickoff! Thanks you all for coming out. Nice crowd! Mountaineer Proud!
Twitter: @wxcrum

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:27 pm

We really hoped to make it but couldn't based on some other stuff going on. We'll probably be there next time!

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Hope to make the next one. Kids had birthday parties to attend this afternoon. Great game and looking foward to homecoming!

I to miss the Harveys in Cornelius! That building/location has proven tough to do business. Building too big and limited visibity.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:38 pm

Thanks to everyone for coming out. It was a great time, and the turnout surpassed our expectations even with the shoddy weather! Be on the lookout for future events, we are planning some networking socials and maybe a Christmas get-together. Go Apps!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Alumni Chatter”