• Birthdays

Total Applications

ComebackShack
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh, NC
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 161 times

Total Applications

Unread post by ComebackShack » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:33 pm

Is there anywhere to see the total number of applications to the school for new students on any given year?


Go Apps!

appstate77
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:49 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Little River, South Carolina
Has thanked: 684 times
Been thanked: 394 times
Contact:

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:07 pm

The number I saw a few weeks ago was 19k 300 enrollment. Do not know how many apps.



User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 1159 times
Been thanked: 708 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Divide the freshomore class size by the acceptance rate as a decimal and that should be pretty close. Class size and acceptance rate should be posted in various places on the interwebs. If you are looking at the most current stats you may have to wait for the numbers to be published later in the academic year.

A call to admissions may get that info to you. I am not sure if that sort of data is public record TBH.


This is my very generic signature added to each post.

User avatar
AppStateMtneer
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:46 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:10 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:16 pm
Divide the freshomore freshman class size by the acceptance rate as a decimal and that should be pretty close. Class size and acceptance rate should be posted in various places on the interwebs. If you are looking at the most current stats you may have to wait for the numbers to be published later in the academic year.

A call to admissions may get that info to you. I am not sure if that sort of data is public record TBH.
Fixed that for you.



User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 1159 times
Been thanked: 708 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:25 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:10 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:16 pm
Divide the freshomore freshman class size by the acceptance rate as a decimal and that should be pretty close. Class size and acceptance rate should be posted in various places on the interwebs. If you are looking at the most current stats you may have to wait for the numbers to be published later in the academic year.

A call to admissions may get that info to you. I am not sure if that sort of data is public record TBH.
Fixed that for you.
I had freshman at first and was going to go with 1st year and then I thought I would honor the App prof that started this. I was actually wondering if someone would even notice. And they did of course.

I actually like the freshomore word but could also go with freshior.


This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA
Posts: 11454
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 1006 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:28 pm

How many sophomen do we have?


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 1159 times
Been thanked: 708 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:35 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:28 pm
How many sophomen do we have?
One too many I would guess.


This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp
Posts: 3875
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 324 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:15 pm

I had an e-mail come in last week that showed our overall graduation rate was close to the bottom of the University System's schools. Please , someone, tell be this wrong.



AppDawg
Posts: 1330
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1114 times
Been thanked: 453 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by AppDawg » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:49 pm

Google is a wonderful thing...

Graduation rates:

http://www.wunc.org/post/unc-system-gra ... omposition

Admission/applicant info by UNC system school:

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/135476/ ... tats-2018/



User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 1159 times
Been thanked: 708 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:29 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:15 pm
I had an e-mail come in last week that showed our overall graduation rate was close to the bottom of the University System's schools. Please , someone, tell be this wrong.
Did you check the source?


This is my very generic signature added to each post.

brianowen
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by brianowen » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:30 am

I don't get wrapped around the axle about graduation rates. Sure it's good to graduate kids, but only those that have put forth the effort and truly earn a degree. I've always believed it should be harder to "get out" than it was to "get in". Look at UNC's rate >80% in four years. Do you really think their applicants are that much better than ours? Maybe they are offering independent study courses with no objective grading....



User avatar
hapapp
Posts: 14075
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 12:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Has thanked: 1127 times
Been thanked: 1113 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:21 am

It stands to reason a more selective school has better students who are more academically inclined. I would suspect those students to graduate at higher levels. My guess is that there is a strong correlation.



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3858
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 502 times
Been thanked: 1343 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:55 am

Fake news. Our graduation rate is solid and you need to look at 4, 5 and 6 year time periods.



Stonewall
Posts: 1312
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 823 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:18 am

appstate77 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:07 pm
The number I saw a few weeks ago was 19k 300 enrollment. Do not know how many apps.
They are all “Apps”.



appstate77
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:49 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Little River, South Carolina
Has thanked: 684 times
Been thanked: 394 times
Contact:

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:18 am
appstate77 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:07 pm
The number I saw a few weeks ago was 19k 300 enrollment. Do not know how many apps.
They are all “Apps”.
I actually thought of that when I was typing.



Stonewall
Posts: 1312
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 823 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: Total Applications

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:23 am

appstate77 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 am
Stonewall wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:18 am
appstate77 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:07 pm
The number I saw a few weeks ago was 19k 300 enrollment. Do not know how many apps.
They are all “Apps”.
I actually thought of that when I was typing.
Just funning with you Parson.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”

  • Who is online