Appstate Endzone Camera

User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 265 times
Contact:

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:41 am

I too am glad to see the new sideline signage...with the properly matching shade of University Gold. I'm afraid those that don't love the new "APPSTATE" branding are going to be disappointed however, based on the new decals you can see being place in photo...



User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 265 times
Contact:

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:46 am

Also, just noticing on the far left in the student YC tweet how good the new retaining wall and "ramp" is looking out front of the NEZ where Jerry Moore Plaza will be constructed. Awesome!



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 5672
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 887 times
Been thanked: 2204 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:47 am

The NEZ and Miller Hill really shrink the stadium footprint. It’s awesome. I know it’s killing all of us not to be there.



AppOrange
Posts: 770
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 556 times
Been thanked: 283 times
Contact:

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Just saw a tweet that shows what looks like a camera on top of the scoreboard (it was the really good picture of miller hill from right under the press box). The image is on the scoreboard. New camera or was it just a drone shot?


1996

JPatH3292
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:15 pm

That would be a prime spot for a camera To be installed. With the shot of Howard’s knob 😍
Hope it’s ours but maybe it has something to do with ESPN?



User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 265 times
Contact:

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:46 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:32 pm
Just saw a tweet that shows what looks like a camera on top of the scoreboard (it was the really good picture of miller hill from right under the press box). The image is on the scoreboard. New camera or was it just a drone shot?
link?



Appstate88
Posts: 1758
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 851 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:49 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:46 pm
AppOrange wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:32 pm
Just saw a tweet that shows what looks like a camera on top of the scoreboard (it was the really good picture of miller hill from right under the press box). The image is on the scoreboard. New camera or was it just a drone shot?
link?



Appstate88
Posts: 1758
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 851 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:50 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:46 pm
AppOrange wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:32 pm
Just saw a tweet that shows what looks like a camera on top of the scoreboard (it was the really good picture of miller hill from right under the press box). The image is on the scoreboard. New camera or was it just a drone shot?
link?
Camera is shown on scoreboard




CharlotteApp05
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:18 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Everything looks great. Can someone help me understand what improvements were made to Miller Hill?

Looks like asphalt was widened at the top for more people to walk (which is huge), looks like the grade may be flatter, is it closer to the field than it used to be too? Or still same distance away? That’s the one I thought they would do.



Appstate88
Posts: 1758
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 851 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:56 pm

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:46 pm
Everything looks great. Can someone help me understand what improvements were made to Miller Hill?

Looks like asphalt was widened at the top for more people to walk (which is huge), looks like the grade may be flatter, is it closer to the field than it used to be too? Or still same distance away? That’s the one I thought they would do.
Google 👍
https://www.wataugademocrat.com/news/mi ... 498bc.html
https://www.wataugademocrat.com/sports/ ... 1dda2.html
https://www.goblueridge.net/sports/4715 ... -july-2020
https://appstatesports.com/news/2020/1/ ... -2020.aspx



PhillyApp1
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 am
Has thanked: 476 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Look at the picture on the jumbotron.... its beautiful looking at the north endzone



AppOrange
Posts: 770
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 556 times
Been thanked: 283 times
Contact:

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:19 pm

Thanks for the pic, so is the image displayed on the scoreboard taken from a new cam on top of the scoreboard?


1996

User avatar
AppState1
Posts: 2607
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2000 1:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by AppState1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:11 pm

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:46 pm
Everything looks great. Can someone help me understand what improvements were made to Miller Hill?

Looks like asphalt was widened at the top for more people to walk (which is huge), looks like the grade may be flatter, is it closer to the field than it used to be too? Or still same distance away? That’s the one I thought they would do.
The brick and metal fence is now straight across and covers the old track. The hill was graded to remove that curve. The scoreboard pylons were on the slope, are now on a flat and paved area.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 3373
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 946 times

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Looks fantastic



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 73 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 73 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 73 guests