HkyMtneer
School: Appalachian State

Re: Alumni Chapter Issues

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:38 pm

ASU85Grad wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:57 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:47 am
Is the hickory branch still active? Looked at the Facebook page and there hasn't been a post in a year.
AppDaze, I am interested in getting the Hickory area chapter going again. I’ll reach out to the alumni office this week to see how I can help. You interested in helping also?
I’d be game to assist as well. I served on the alumni council for a 3-year term a few years back so I have some familiarity with the office and a few of the folks that remain from the many changes of the last few years. It’s a shame that the Hickory chapter has never (or at least in the last decade or so) been able to really get the gears rolling (for a variety of reasons) considering we have one of the highest densities of Mountaineer grads of any region in the state. The new ASU-Hickory campus will only serve to further deepen those ties between the mtn and the valley. So, feel free to “drop” my name in the pool for additional helpers in re-energizing the Catawba Valley Chapter.

-Norm

appdaze

Re: Alumni Chapter Issues

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:40 pm

I was mainly looking for events to see if there was something I would enjoy. I'm not sure how much physical time I could give as we have 2 little ones at home. I may be able to help to some in some capacity though. It just depends on what is needed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”