Jclines own folder

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Jclines own folder

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

JCline0429 wrote:I stated it on the Delphi MMB as recently as a couple months ago.
I typed in Phil Agee in the search function of the Delphi MMB. I did all folders from anyone to make the search as broad as possible. Nothing came back. I also tried Agee. Same result.

Do you think this was more than 3 months ago? That is as far as I can search with the free Delphi membership I have. I thought this might have been a bit on the history of all these App State forums, and I was going to read the thread(s). If it was more than 3 months ago it will have to be found by a Delphi member that pays a little extra, and it is not worth that to me at least. Thought I would ask though just in case.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

TurfMonkey

Unread post by TurfMonkey » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 am

Phil was ASU87. Good guy and served on the Yosef board for a while. I've never met him but I
believe he likes to lay low.
I found the old CNN/SI boards and followed them to the MMB when it was created. I think
the original posters were trying to get momentum for some athletic leadership changes originally.
ASU87 started the prediction thread, then B & G took over then handed off to BigC. The rest
is history. Of course I-A vs. I-AA and BBQ were huge topics. Some things never change.
scott

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:00 pm

-------
Last edited by JCline0429 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
a.k.a JC0429

Cincy App

Unread post by Cincy App » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Saw ASU87 on Saturday at FanFest. There was no conflict of interest. He was simply ready to hand off the board. Time to move on to other topics.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 am

Cincy App wrote:Saw ASU87 on Saturday at FanFest. There was no conflict of interest. He was simply ready to hand off the board. Time to move on to other topics.
Good!
a.k.a JC0429

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:12 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
JCline0429 wrote:I stated it on the Delphi MMB as recently as a couple months ago.
Must have missed it. Who is Phil, and is he still around?

Phil is an '87 ASU grad; holds an MBA from WFU; lives in Gaston County; and is an exec with a LARGE east coast energy company. He's also a former Mountaineer football player and a former member of the Appalachian Athletics Foundation--the group that lit a fire under Borkowski and Laney and indirectly brought about a 180 degree change in direction in ASU athletics. He's very much "still around."
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:35 pm

asu66 wrote:

Phil is an '87 ASU grad; holds an MBA from WFU; lives in Gaston County; and is an exec with a LARGE east coast energy company. He's also a former Mountaineer football player and a former member of the Appalachian Athletics Foundation--the group that lit a fire under Borkowski and Laney and indirectly brought about a 180 degree change in direction in ASU athletics. He's very much "still around."
To all, and not just ASU66, though that includes him as well- Thanks for the history. Speaking of lighting a fire, did Roachout come to the new board and if so did he bring a new username with him since Roach is out.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:52 pm

asu66 wrote:

To all, and not just ASU66, though that includes him as well- Thanks for the history. Speaking of lighting a fire, did Roachout come to the new board and if so did he bring a new username with him since Roach is out.

Yes! Still Roachout!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:08 pm

asu66 wrote: Yes! Still Roachout!
Good to hear. He does not post in great quantities, but for him it seems to be quality over quantity.

asufan87

Unread post by asufan87 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey folks, it's Phil. A good buddy mentioned that my name popped up in a discussion so I thought I'd drop in and let folks know I still alive and kicking! Good to see the MMB is thriving and there are some great people here. Life keeps me busy; family, work, church, along with other commitments so I don't get to post that often like back in the day. But you can't bet that when they tee the ball up in Boone, I'm there! Hope all is well with everyone and I'll try to post every now and then.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”