Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appalachian State Admissions News

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Appalachian State Admissions News

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:46 pm

Both of my twin daughters found out via the internet that they have been accepted to Appalachian State starting in the Fall 2017 term.

They do not find out about Honor's College until a bit later and then even later about any scholarships, but this is a start of getting them in Boone possibly.

#ProudMountaineerDad
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

app87

Re: Appalachian State Admissions News

Unread post by app87 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Congratulations!

dminer3

Unread post by dminer3 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:06 pm

I'm in :D . Ready for Boone

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:16 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:Both of my twin daughters found out via the internet that they have been accepted to Appalachian State starting in the Fall 2017 term.

They do not find out about Honor's College until a bit later and then even later about any scholarships, but this is a start of getting them in Boone possibly.

#ProudMountaineerDad
Dear McLeansvilleAppFan's Daughters,

First, congratulations on being accepted. The fact that you applied and show interest will make my job convincing easier. You were both in elementary school when I had to make a similar decision. This is partially how I made my decision...Think about the things you enjoyed about your past visits to the High Country, then think about being able to see and do those things at a more frequent rate. I can honestly say, with the exception of the day I met my wife and the day my son was born, my 4 years in Boone were the happiest days of my life. This is partially how I made my decision...Think about the things you enjoyed about your past visits to the High Country, then think about being able to see and do those things at a more frequent rate. Tough decision, and best of luck with whatever route you decide to go.

Sincerely,

Thomas
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:13 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:Both of my twin daughters found out via the internet that they have been accepted to Appalachian State starting in the Fall 2017 term.

#ProudMountaineerDad

First, congratulations on being accepted. The fact that you applied and show interest will make my job convincing easier. You were both in elementary school when I had to make a similar decision. This is partially how I made my decision...Think about the things you enjoyed about your past visits to the High Country, then think about being able to see and do those things at a more frequent rate. I can honestly say, with the exception of the day I met my wife and the day my son was born, my 4 years in Boone were the happiest days of my life. This is partially how I made my decision...Think about the things you enjoyed about your past visits to the High Country, then think about being able to see and do those things at a more frequent rate. Tough decision, and best of luck with whatever route you decide to go.

Sincerely,

Thomas
Thanks for the thoughts. Money is a big factor in all of this.

I think if UVa or Davidson accept both girls and that includes scholarships that bring the price of UVa down a lot then I see them heading there. Davidson does have programs where they can leave debt free, though Davidson does expect parents to pay their part. If one of the twins is accepted to Duke or Vandy I can see that one going there and the other going to App. With all of that said I am feeling good about App. They are certainly in the running and for a time that was not the case it seemed.

I am trying not to put any pressure on either of them, but they know my feelings about App, and both mom and dad wear a lot of App gear around the house. Step 1 of 3 is complete in Apps favor at least.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:33 pm

Congratulations! Did either or both of the girls apply for the Wilson Scholars program or just to the Honors College?
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:49 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:

#ProudMountaineerDad

Sincerely,

Thomas
Thanks for the thoughts. Money is a big factor in all of this.

I think if UVa or Davidson accept both girls and that includes scholarships that bring the price of UVa down a lot then I see them heading there. Davidson does have programs where they can leave debt free, though Davidson does expect parents to pay their part. If one of the twins is accepted to Duke or Vandy I can see that one going there and the other going to App. With all of that said I am feeling good about App. They are certainly in the running and for a time that was not the case it seemed.

I am trying not to put any pressure on either of them, but they know my feelings about App, and both mom and dad wear a lot of App gear around the house. Step 1 of 3 is complete in Apps favor at least.
I wear app gear around the house too and my six year old is already picking up on it. One good thing about App State is the connections they will already have through people on here and others you know. Daphne just exhibited that connection.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

bh2oson

Unread post by bh2oson » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:57 pm

Thought I would add on to this thread. My daughter also received news that she was accepted at APP for Fall 2017. Both her mother and I went to App so the pressure is on her. :) If (When) she decides to choose App you will be sure to see a post come out. :lol: I feel like Firemoose waiting to see if we get a commit or not.
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:15 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:Congratulations! Did either or both of the girls apply for the Wilson Scholars program or just to the Honors College?
As far as I know they put their name in the hat for any and all App scholarships they qualify for receiving. I think they have some interviews at the end of February, which is also when older sister has a birthday so we will be in Boone for a few reasons that weekend.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:19 pm

bh2oson wrote:Thought I would add on to this thread. My daughter also received news that she was accepted at APP for Fall 2017. Both her mother and I went to App so the pressure is on her. :) If (When) she decides to choose App you will be sure to see a post come out. :lol: I feel like Firemoose waiting to see if we get a commit or not.
Was this through the internet App portal or via US mail. My mom is visiting for early Christmas and it would be nice to have the official mail arrive tomorrow, and on bowl game day. I know big sister got her mail on a Saturday a few years ago. I remember I could not get inside fast enough that day to get the mail in my daughter's hands. It was a big package so I knew it was a yes. No one sends a big package just to say "No."

Congrats to you and your daughter!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:21 pm

One of my daughers graduated from UNC-CH but got mad one year when she was coming into town and learned I was headed to Boone for a football game and I didn't have a ticket for her. I said something like...I thought you were a Tar Heel now and wouldn't be interested, she replied "I AM a Tar Heel" but very firmly added "I'm STILL an App State football fan so get me a ticket please!" I got her a ticket and it was an awesome day...I guess taking my kids up there all those times counted for something although they chose their own paths and went to other schools.
Do y'all remember the big "A" that was painted on a big board that they'd put on the hill (the hill below the scoreboard)? I remember my kids (and others) using that as a sliding board.

bh2oson

Unread post by bh2oson » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:26 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
bh2oson wrote:Thought I would add on to this thread. My daughter also received news that she was accepted at APP for Fall 2017. Both her mother and I went to App so the pressure is on her. :) If (When) she decides to choose App you will be sure to see a post come out. :lol: I feel like Firemoose waiting to see if we get a commit or not.
Was this through the internet App portal or via US mail. My mom is visiting for early Christmas and it would be nice to have the official mail arrive tomorrow, and on bowl game day. I know big sister got her mail on a Saturday a few years ago. I remember I could not get inside fast enough that day to get the mail in my daughter's hands. It was a big package so I knew it was a yes. No one sends a big package just to say "No."

Congrats to you and your daughter!
It was through the internet site. Congrats to your daughters too. Exciting times. Did it look like to you they have until May 1, 2017 to officially decide/make first payment?
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:18 pm

I have not even looked at what they have on-line yet to be honest. I guess I need to do that. :-)

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:47 pm

I'm proud to report #AppSaidYes to my 18 year-old today!!

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Another potential App for life ! Our son received his acceptance letter to App today in the mail in Greenville, SC. Just waiting on Clemson decision and we will see what we can afford. Excited that App may be a possibility . :D

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:37 am

MDaniels84 wrote:Another potential App for life ! Our son received his acceptance letter to App today in the mail in Greenville, SC. Just waiting on Clemson decision and we will see what we can afford. Excited that App may be a possibility . :D

Three years ago App was double the in state rate for Clemson with the palmetto scholarship.Good luck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”