Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

I'm sorry, I do not like this new Board!

AppGrad1

I'm sorry, I do not like this new Board!

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Just doesn't feel the same. Seems distant to me. Even though I see my pic in this stands :shock: I still hate this new site. Just my opinion. Don't think I will get used to it either.
"Change is always taking place but that doesn't always mean change is better!"

ASUDieHard

Re: I'm sorry, I do not like this new Board!

Unread post by ASUDieHard » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:30 am

What he said.

ASUMountaineer
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:56 am

AppGrad1 wrote:Just doesn't feel the same. Seems distant to me. Even though I see my pic in this stands :shock: I still hate this new site. Just my opinion. Don't think I will get used to it either.
I like this new board, it's nice to have functions that work instead of being "hit-or-miss." I hope that we can get this board up to the following we had on the MMB.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

appalum2003

Unread post by appalum2003 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:09 am

I like the new board... I don't know that I'll use a lot of the functions, but it's much more readable on my mobile device and has fewer bugs.

MountainMan

Unread post by MountainMan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:11 am

I like it. Like anything that's different, it takes some time to feel like it's "home" but overall it's a noticeable improvement, IMO.

dp42828

Unread post by dp42828 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:58 am

I like it too...delphia is livin' in the 90s...I assume the delphia site will be deleted at some point...I bet if it is deleted, all the conversations will move this way...
David
2004 Marketing & Management Grad

dubs21

Unread post by dubs21 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Love the new board. This software is way more current than the delphi stuff. I agree with dp42828, delphi was very 90's. Thanks for all the hard work getting it set up, and for continued maintenance and feature upgrades.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:45 pm

The biggest loss is "replies to me" which is huge and there is much less discussion it seems. Give it time I guess as there is no going back. I miss the game analysis stuff.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:22 pm

I like the new board for the most part, but am surprised that there is less discussion relative to the old board, which is now closed. I guess some people felt very strongly about not migrating to this board....Oh well, their loss.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Their loss indeed. I honestly don't see how anyone could pick the Delphi crap over this site, save traditions and a sear resistance to learning anything new. Delphi is a travesty to the internets.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:46 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:Just doesn't feel the same. Seems distant to me. Even though I see my pic in this stands :shock: I still hate this new site. Just my opinion. Don't think I will get used to it either.
The old board had it's issues but at least it worked. I can't get this thing to load most of the time. Multiple browsers on multiple computers.
Have yet to get the chat to work. Internet feed down just after kickoff today. I can see on ESPN we are down 31-0? What the heck is going on?????
I went back by the MMB for some comfrot and found the chat over there was working fine. OF course I was the only one there :?

Edit - Has been working great the last two days. Not sure how or why. Now that it is working, it is more similar to what I am used to on other boards. I think we'll be fine.
Last edited by Apptiger on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm

What a completely useless sentiment. Someone built this board, putting in time and effort, and all you can do is complain about it? You've contributed nothing.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 pm

So, just because someone put time into something (which i appreciate very much) means that we"must"like the change?
I'm sure you are always on board with changes at your workplace.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:57 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:So, just because someone put time into something (which i appreciate very much) means that we"must"like the change?
I'm sure you are always on board with changes at your workplace.
Who said you "must" do anything? You're free to frequent a different board. Or you could build your own. But a thread started just so non-contributors can complain? Weak. (And, for the record, when I have been unhappy enough in my workplace to vocally protest, I'm usually prepared to either offer a solution or find a new job, as both are active responses rather than passive complaints.)

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Here are your quotes to me.
1. Useless sentiment
2. You've contributed nothing
3. You can frequent another board
4. You can build your own
5. Weak
6. Thread where non contributors can complain?

My main op was I just didn't like our new board. I didn't realize i was looked upon as Charles Manson for expressing my opinion. It's amazing how you can sum up my personality and even ask in a way for me to leave this board??
Not sure but i think somewhere in or constitution it allows for free speech. I know of a bunch of posters on this board that have complained about, players, coaching, playcalling, penalties, parking, band, etc and have not been asked to "find another board"...
It is my opinion that 89 and Yosef value opinions not just the fluffy ones...

PS. When I was in management my most valued opinions/suggestions were the negative ones. Many positive comments on changes I had to make were pure BS and suck ups. It was hard to really see their "true" opinions. Those who had the negative comments I knew where they stood and knew they were speaking from the heart. It's not that I "liked" these opinions but I valued them a lot more than the suck up opinions... JMO...
Go Apps!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 am

To those of us who have been on MMB a good while, Delphi was familiar and I did like the "reply" functionality. I also liked the fact that threads I had read didn't show at all. That being said, I'm getting used to this one and the change was probably inevitable. Just remember that we're on the front in of this change and I think the guys who run MMB and Yosefscabin are still learning an making improvements. I would like for them to tweak it so that when I click on the next page or return to the main football (or whatever) page, it would automatically go to the top. Also, I seem to get logged off pretty frequently even when I'm reading and I have to log back in to post or filter out the stuff I've read. All in all, these are very minor things and I definitely like the fact that it is readable on my Droid. (Yes, I could read Delphi on there but since it didn't have an app, it was tiny and I had to work at it a lot).

BrownHP800

Unread post by BrownHP800 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:34 am

I like the new board except for 2 things.

1. The malicous ads that pop up. Gives internet security suites a work out. Some times complete new pages will load (like ivid) without clicking on anything. ivid is one of the worst spyware things going.

2. The speed of the site can be really bad. Took me 1 minute 32 seconds to load the message board from the main page. Yes I timed it. The loading time could be from the ads.

As far as the message board itself, it is pretty much the standard message board found anywhere on the internet. If understand one you pretty much understand them all and I think it is easy to navigate and it is much more organized than the Delphi site.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 am

AppGrad1 wrote:Here are your quotes to me.
1. Useless sentiment
2. You've contributed nothing
3. You can frequent another board
4. You can build your own
5. Weak
6. Thread where non contributors can complain?

My main op was I just didn't like our new board. I didn't realize i was looked upon as Charles Manson for expressing my opinion. It's amazing how you can sum up my personality and even ask in a way for me to leave this board??
Not sure but i think somewhere in or constitution it allows for free speech. I know of a bunch of posters on this board that have complained about, players, coaching, playcalling, penalties, parking, band, etc and have not been asked to "find another board"...
It is my opinion that 89 and Yosef value opinions not just the fluffy ones...

PS. When I was in management my most valued opinions/suggestions were the negative ones. Many positive comments on changes I had to make were pure BS and suck ups. It was hard to really see their "true" opinions. Those who had the negative comments I knew where they stood and knew they were speaking from the heart. It's not that I "liked" these opinions but I valued them a lot more than the suck up opinions... JMO...
Go Apps!
The only issue I have with your post is that, yes you are allowed free speech in the United States. But, you are not allowed free speech on a private message board where someone else is footing the bill. The operators of this board have every right--legal and otherwise--to quash you speech if they so desire.

Other than that, this is a stupid argument. I don't care if you don't like the board, that's your own deal. You have the option to get used to it, ask for change, or leave the board. I hope you don't choose to leave the board as you're a good poster.

That is all. ;)
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 am

Yosef84 wrote:To those of us who have been on MMB a good while, Delphi was familiar and I did like the "reply" functionality. I also liked the fact that threads I had read didn't show at all. That being said, I'm getting used to this one and the change was probably inevitable. Just remember that we're on the front in of this change and I think the guys who run MMB and Yosefscabin are still learning an making improvements. I would like for them to tweak it so that when I click on the next page or return to the main football (or whatever) page, it would automatically go to the top. Also, I seem to get logged off pretty frequently even when I'm reading and I have to log back in to post or filter out the stuff I've read. All in all, these are very minor things and I definitely like the fact that it is readable on my Droid. (Yes, I could read Delphi on there but since it didn't have an app, it was tiny and I had to work at it a lot).
You can choose to hit the "Mark Forums Read" button when you're done looking at what you want to; it's located on the front page and the new posts page. After you hit this button, anything that shows up means it's new! Hope this helps out a little!

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:14 am

StorminASU wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:To those of us who have been on MMB a good while, Delphi was familiar and I did like the "reply" functionality. I also liked the fact that threads I had read didn't show at all. That being said, I'm getting used to this one and the change was probably inevitable. Just remember that we're on the front in of this change and I think the guys who run MMB and Yosefscabin are still learning an making improvements. I would like for them to tweak it so that when I click on the next page or return to the main football (or whatever) page, it would automatically go to the top. Also, I seem to get logged off pretty frequently even when I'm reading and I have to log back in to post or filter out the stuff I've read. All in all, these are very minor things and I definitely like the fact that it is readable on my Droid. (Yes, I could read Delphi on there but since it didn't have an app, it was tiny and I had to work at it a lot).
You can choose to hit the "Mark Forums Read" button when you're done looking at what you want to; it's located on the front page and the new posts page. After you hit this button, anything that shows up means it's new! Hope this helps out a little!
I noticed that button recently and have been using it to clear out those threads that I have no interest in. It has helped out a lot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”