Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

I'm sorry, I do not like this new Board!

asug8
School: Appalachian State

Re: I'm sorry, I do not like this new Board!

Unread post by asug8 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 am

For me the Delphi board was almost unnavigatable (is that a word?) :lol: Same format as the ECU board and I could never find anything. I'd suggest giving the guys some time to get the bugs worked out on this format and you'll forget all about your affinity for the old format in a few weeks or months.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 am

I don't like cutting my grass.
I don't like paying bills.
I don't like tons of things...

It doesn't mean I won't do them or get used to them.

I'm getting used to this board but I liked the easyness of the other. I liked being able to look at all the folders and it showed the most recent threads posted on each folder. Here you have to click on the individual folder to see the new threads posted. It's minor stuff and nothing to be put on death row over. I'll get used to it I'm sure. :mrgreen:

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:26 am

AppGrad1 wrote:I don't like cutting my grass.
I don't like paying bills.
I don't like tons of things...

It doesn't mean I won't do them or get used to them.

I'm getting used to this board but I liked the easyness of the other. I liked being able to look at all the folders and it showed the most recent threads posted on each folder. Here you have to click on the individual folder to see the new threads posted. It's minor stuff and nothing to be put on death row over. I'll get used to it I'm sure. :mrgreen:
If you look at the top of the folder box on the left side, there are links to "View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics". The new post link or the unread posts link will give you a look at the new posts.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 am

Know what? Mea culpa. You're free to express your misgivings, and I'm free to express my disdain at what I viewed as idle complaint with no constructive purpose. However, there's no point in getting bogged down in that mess, and I clearly worded my initial response too strongly.

I don't think the board is perfect, but I appreciate the work of those who put it together, and thank them for giving us a place to engage in what may be the most meaningless arguments on God's green earth. :D

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 pm

appchicago wrote:Know what? Mea culpa. You're free to express your misgivings, and I'm free to express my disdain at what I viewed as idle complaint with no constructive purpose. However, there's no point in getting bogged down in that mess, and I clearly worded my initial response too strongly.

I don't think the board is perfect, but I appreciate the work of those who put it together, and thank them for giving us a place to engage in what may be the most meaningless arguments on God's green earth. :D
^^^^^^
So true, so true!! :D

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Now when I go to this new board it wants me to log in through Facebook and still getting redirected to adfly sometimes. WTF?

I know these things take time but this forum is just not the same. I don't know the numbers but the posts on this board seem to be significantly fewer than the old one. Not nearly as many people posting and not seeing many of the guys/gals that used to post. Seems like we are going backwards.

I am grateful for those that give their time and money to make this forum happen and I feel guilty for complaining, yet here I am complaining.

Where did everybody go?

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm

I just tried to get on and it's making me log into facebook for some reason to get in???

Just saw your post fjblair. Mine is doing it too. I guess the old board had all the kinks worked out by the time I got to it. I'm at the birthing stage of this board.
I felt as I knew most of the other board posters and never met them. they are no longer around on this thing. Kinda miss the old days....

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:45 pm

fjblair wrote:Where did everybody go?
Well we've certainly joined the club as a fanbase of gripers and complainers. The board high of 375 members logged in? You guessed it, right after The Citadel game. :lol:

The old board went through it's dry spells on occasion too. I think there's a glut of App related fan sites, boards, and blogs out there now that have fractured the base and sent folks to the far flung corners of the web.

I wish there was more insider type stuff being posted here like the days of old, but that's been shuttered behind the paywall at MI. :?

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:41 pm

I changed names from the old board, but not like I was well known over there anyway - GSOApp. I've said it before and I will say it again, those who did not migrate to this board lose in the long run. By deciding not to show up is not going to bring back the old board. They can continue to lurk out there as a "guest" all they want.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”