Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Clearance Sale hauls

T-Dog

Clearance Sale hauls

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:20 am

I know some of y'all were at the clearance sale today as there was over 200 people there. All the shoes and most the football jerseys were taken.

I buy stuff that I'll wear and the football jerseys only stretched to "'oh my gosh' speed" sizes and not "hog molly" sizes, so I went with the stretchy baseball stuff.

dtrain4prez
School: Appalachian State

Re: Clearance Sale hauls

Unread post by dtrain4prez » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Forgot all about the sale this morning. What kind of prices were they asking for jerseys and such?

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Sweet. I was dying to be there but couldn't fit the trip into my schedule. Feel slightly better when I saw the pic of the line. But I would love to have any of those items.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:46 pm

T-Dog wrote:I know some of y'all were at the clearance sale today as there was over 200 people there. All the shoes and most the football jerseys were taken.

I buy stuff that I'll wear and the football jerseys only stretched to "'oh my gosh' speed" sizes and not "hog molly" sizes, so I went with the stretchy baseball stuff.

Sweet!

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:59 pm

The early bird gets the worm!

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Pretty happy with my haul. We arrived about 40 minutes before the doors opened and were #91 & #92 (I think) through the door. Missed out on a black Camellia Bowl jersey but came away with three others and a few other goodies. Wish Men's basketball would've had a few more things in the mix but it sounds like this might become an annual event so I'm sure they'll be in the product line down the road. Things were a little slow moving on the back end (payment) but that is to be expected with something "one-off" like this and all-in-all I think things were organized quite well. I was impressed...and the "All Things APP Room" continues to grow :)
Attachments
image1.jpeg

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:30 pm

I wanted to get up there, but at the last minute I had to work a HS baseball game. Being assistant AD it was hard to turn down since the AD was out of town. I was hoping to add to my collection.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Talked to Brian Tracy at the baseball game. They had 1,200 items and sold over 900. They had no clue it would be this big.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Think there's anything leftover that'll be for sale at the baseball game tomorrow?

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:12 am

I was about 20 people back from the front of the line and there was quite the dash for the black bowl jerseys. If I had to guess, I'd say that there were no more than 15 of them. Even though I'm team Blue Cheese I picked up a John "No Sauce" Law 88. (yes I know he didn't play in the game)

This thing is definitely getting framed/hung up. I don't care how cool someone thinks they are, real jerseys look ridiculous when worn casually.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 pm

What was the pricing like?

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Mon May 01, 2017 3:26 pm

canes_mj wrote:What was the pricing like?
Most expensive thing I noticed was the Black Camellia Bowl jerseys and the Gold jerseys...both of which were $75. The grey alternates were $50 and the white home jerseys were $30. Baseball jerseys were $40. Most ballcaps were $5 or $10. Shoes were mixed but averaged $20 to $25, though selection was really limited. T-shirts were mostly $5. Polo's were $5 to $10. Cheerleading megaphones were $40. I think women's basketball jerseys were $25 but I could be wrong. All in all most things were very affordable and priced reasonably, IMHO.

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm so jealous I couldn't be there. All these cool things happen after I move to Colorado
The mountains are calling and I must go

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:31 am

CheckYosef94 wrote:I'm so jealous I couldn't be there. All these cool things happen after I move to Colorado
Yeah...but you still live in Colorado!

APP72

Unread post by APP72 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:37 pm

NO.2 wrote:I was about 20 people back from the front of the line and there was quite the dash for the black bowl jerseys. If I had to guess, I'd say that there were no more than 15 of them. Even though I'm team Blue Cheese I picked up a John "No Sauce" Law 88. (yes I know he didn't play in the game)

This thing is definitely getting framed/hung up. I don't care how cool someone thinks they are, real jerseys look ridiculous when worn casually.

GOOD LORD! I just read NO.2's post! I hope you are not putting down fans who wear an APPSTATE jersey to an APP STATE FOOTBALL GAME! If you are referring to fans that wear jerseys to football games, you have just ridiculed thousands of fans who attend College and NFL football games! It's okay if you want to fold your jersey up and put it in a picture frame but I see nothing ridiculous about wearing a jersey to a football game! GO APPS!
A CHAMPION IS SOMEONE WHO GETS UP WHEN HE CAN’T!
JACK DEMPSEY

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:20 am

APP72 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:I was about 20 people back from the front of the line and there was quite the dash for the black bowl jerseys. If I had to guess, I'd say that there were no more than 15 of them. Even though I'm team Blue Cheese I picked up a John "No Sauce" Law 88. (yes I know he didn't play in the game)

GOOD LORD! I just read NO.2's post! I hope you are not putting down fans who wear an APPSTATE jersey to an APP STATE FOOTBALL GAME! If you are referring to fans that wear jerseys to football games, you have just ridiculed thousands of fans who attend College and NFL football games! It's okay if you want to fold your jersey up and put it in a picture frame but I see nothing ridiculous about wearing a jersey to a football game! GO APPS!

Hold your horses there, 72. I said real jerseys, I'm not talking about replica ones (that I own and wear to Panthers games) that are meant to be worn by fans and fit like oversized tshirts. Those are great.

The team was selling game worn authentic jerseys. The kind that have huge shoulders with elastic cuffs and an extra long tail. I think it's a fairly common opinion that unless you're a football player in pads you're going to look pretty silly wearing one of these things with your cargo shorts and slip-ons.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Mon May 22, 2017 9:06 am

NO.2 wrote:
CheckYosef94 wrote:I'm so jealous I couldn't be there. All these cool things happen after I move to Colorado
Yeah...but you still live in Colorado!
And that's a positive thing?

Kidding :D

APP72

Unread post by APP72 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 am

NO.2, what fans wear to APPSTATE games doesn't bother me at all. You must not be paying attention to the number of fans who are wearing game worn jerseys since they started selling them around the time of our National Championships. I realize that the jersey tails are a little long but most fans tuck them in or have them altered.
I bought a XXL gold jersey this year. I wll admit that these new ones are different from the jerseys that I bought a few years ago. The two major differences are the high cut sleeves and how snug they are. If a fan wears a tee shirt under it, the jersey looks good. Even though I am 67 years old, I am still an athlete and work out every day of my life. At 6ft. and 210, my jersey fits fine.
Everyone has an opinion and has a right to express their opinion. All that I am saying is next time you are at a game, just look at the fan wearing a game worn jersey and you will see a smile on their face and a supporter of APPSTATE ATHLETICS! GO APPS!
A CHAMPION IS SOMEONE WHO GETS UP WHEN HE CAN’T!
JACK DEMPSEY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”