Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Satt or Fox?

WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Satt or Fox?

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue May 23, 2017 6:46 am

NewApp wrote:
WataugaMan wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Just saw where Satt got the extension. I know it likely doesn't change anything if a good P5 program comes calling, but it's great to have him "locked in" even if it's on paper. We are so fortunate to have a successful coach who truly bleeds black and gold. Congrats coach.
And, not only does he bleed black and gold, he knows how to win too!!
All of them claim to bleed black and gold until an enticing enough offer comes along.
Although he got off to a slow start (year one), Coach Satterfield has continued to move our program up the FBS ranks. I can't think of any other coach that could have pulled it off as well as he has. In addition, as an fellow ASU graduate, I'm sure Satt takes extreme satisfaction seeing our University succeed. Eventually with added success we all know someday he will more than likely move on. However, he will leave our program in excellent shape for the next person that will be head coach. Regardless of what the future holds, Satt will always bleed black and gold. No doubt!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue May 23, 2017 6:53 am

Job security is the biggest thing for a college coach which is why they jump for the brass ring. If you have someone like a Mark Few at Gonzaga OR a Satt at App....offer them a lifetime contract or 10-15-20 years. I'm sure he's making more money that he ever thought he would and adding a security blanket might just entice him to stay....for a long time .

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue May 23, 2017 9:34 am

Rekdiver wrote:Job security is the biggest thing for a college coach which is why they jump for the brass ring. If you have someone like a Mark Few at Gonzaga OR a Satt at App....offer them a lifetime contract or 10-15-20 years. I'm sure he's making more money that he ever thought he would and adding a security blanket might just entice him to stay....for a long time .
Maybe. Mark Few is just the extreme exception to the rule, though. Even if you did offer Satt a lifetime contract, you'd have to put in some kind of clause indexing his salary against his peers (however you define that) to ensure he doesn't get locked in at too low a salary. And even then, what's the downside for him if a good P5 offer comes along? He could potentially triple his salary immediately, with the chance to compete at the highest level of CFB. And if he fails, it's not like he'd be out of work forever - you can bet he'd easily find a high-paying job as a G5 HC or P5 OC.

So the only "job security" that's really relevant for Satt IMO is how important it is to be at this particular job. And I doubt whether anyone besides him and maybe his immediate family truly knows the answer to that.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue May 23, 2017 12:16 pm

A long term contract is a nice gesture but in reality coaching contracts don't mean much anymore. Satt is probably the exception from everything I have seen over the years, but honor and commitment have been replaced by money.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue May 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Just for fun, some potential job openings

http://coacheshotseat.com/

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue May 23, 2017 6:19 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:You win too much..........you're gone......
You lose too much........you're gone.....
Still better than being part of the Prig5 conferences. Oops I mean Prig6 conferences. I don't want to offend the mighty AAC.
I mean, I don't think App would be turning down any P5 invites if one came our way...
Very true of course.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Tue May 23, 2017 7:21 pm

scatman77 wrote:With regards to this topic I'll refer to one of my favorite movie lines; I use it all the time:

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you say some beautiful, and righteous?"
'"Always, with the negative waves, Moriarty!"

One of my top ten favorite movies.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Tue May 23, 2017 7:23 pm

canes_mj wrote:Just for fun, some potential job openings

In what universe is pondering the loss of Satterfied "fun?"

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed May 24, 2017 9:15 am

Fun?

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed May 24, 2017 9:55 am

I don't know which is funnier about that list, that they have almost a quarter of FBS coaches as on the hot seat, or that they think there are 29 coaches who are in more jeopardy than Tyson Summers.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed May 24, 2017 12:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
WataugaMan wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Just saw where Satt got the extension. I know it likely doesn't change anything if a good P5 program comes calling, but it's great to have him "locked in" even if it's on paper. We are so fortunate to have a successful coach who truly bleeds black and gold. Congrats coach.
All of them claim to bleed black and gold until an enticing enough offer comes along.
Just saying, I could bleed black and gold all day but if someone offered me an extra million a year to bleed some different colors, ehhhhhhh I might be just a bit enticed.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 24, 2017 1:16 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
NewApp wrote:
WataugaMan wrote:
Just saying, I could bleed black and gold all day but if someone offered me an extra million a year to bleed some different colors, ehhhhhhh I might be just a bit enticed.
That may be true of any of us. :)
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 24, 2017 1:19 pm

EastHallApp wrote:

I don't know which is funnier about that list, that they have almost a quarter of FBS coaches as on the hot seat, or that they think there are 29 coaches who are in more jeopardy than Tyson Summers.
I think it's morbid and sad of those sports pundits who have nothing better to do than sit around and speculate on who is going to lose his/her job.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”