Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ASU Student Accused in Break-In

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

ASU Student Accused in Break-In

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 24, 2017 5:42 pm

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/news/man ... a626c.html

BOONE — Boone Police arrested a Sanford man after he allegedly invaded a home at 195 Green St. on May 3, according to Boone Police.

At approximately 9:37 p.m. that day, Boone Police responded to a reported home invasion and once on scene, officers found a man suffering a non-life-threatening gunshot wound, according to Boone Police.

The 39-year-old resident of the Green Street apartment said he didn’t know the man trying to come inside, according to police. The resident reportedly retreated to a bedroom and a gunshot was fired, hitting the suspect in the hip, police said.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

3rd

Re: ASU Student Accused in Break-In

Unread post by 3rd » Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 pm

He was beyond drunk from what I was told. Doesn't mean that's true but don't believe this was breaking and entering trying to steal something.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 pm

3rd wrote:He was beyond drunk from what I was told. Doesn't mean that's true but don't believe this was breaking and entering trying to steal something.
If true that makes it worse, doesn't it?

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Wed May 24, 2017 9:16 pm

CVAPP wrote:
3rd wrote:He was beyond drunk from what I was told. Doesn't mean that's true but don't believe this was breaking and entering trying to steal something.
I don't think so. I used to live in an area frequented by drunk college kids. One hammered frat boy was on the verge of kicking the door in (it was in a line of similar looking houses and he loved a few doors down. He thought he was at home and we weren't letting him in.) before we were able to catch him in a lucid enough moment that he realized he was in the wrong.

It's not an excuse, but a hammered confused guy is preferable to a burglar in my book.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed May 24, 2017 10:18 pm

appchicago wrote:
CVAPP wrote:
I don't think so. I used to live in an area frequented by drunk college kids. One hammered frat boy was on the verge of kicking the door in (it was in a line of similar looking houses and he loved a few doors down. He thought he was at home and we weren't letting him in.) before we were able to catch him in a lucid enough moment that he realized he was in the wrong.

It's not an excuse, but a hammered confused guy is preferable to a burglar in my book.
When either shoots me after invading my home I want a motive other than just being hammered drunk. That's just me. It's bad enough you might get behind the wheel hammered drunk and put yourself and others at risk, but being in possession of a firearm and shooting someone in their own home when hammered drunk is a far, far sicker person IMO </discussion>

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu May 25, 2017 6:12 am

I don't think the intruder was armed.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu May 25, 2017 6:50 am

CVAPP wrote:
appchicago wrote:
CVAPP wrote:

When either shoots me after invading my home I want a motive other than just being hammered drunk. That's just me. It's bad enough you might get behind the wheel hammered drunk and put yourself and others at risk, but being in possession of a firearm and shooting someone in their own home when hammered drunk is a far, far sicker person IMO </discussion>
I think you have it backwards. Home owner was armed. Drunk intruder was shot.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Thu May 25, 2017 7:07 am

Oops, I misread it. My bad.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu May 25, 2017 1:21 pm

He didn't know the man was trying to come inside? This article does not make a lot of sense.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Thu May 25, 2017 2:39 pm

"The 39-year-old resident of the Green Street apartment said he didn’t know the man trying to come inside, according to police."

He knew the man was trying to come inside. It was a man he didn't know.

I think we all oughtta read that article one more time a little slower. ;)

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu May 25, 2017 5:04 pm

appchicago wrote:"The 39-year-old resident of the Green Street apartment said he didn’t know the man trying to come inside, according to police."

He knew the man was trying to come inside. It was a man he didn't know.

I think we all oughtta read that article one more time a little slower. ;)
Don't know about all of us but I needed to. I stand corrected. Glad the right guy got shot though.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Thu May 25, 2017 6:43 pm

Not the clearest article, to be fair.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu May 25, 2017 9:40 pm

appchicago wrote:
CVAPP wrote:

Being drunk and out of control could have easily got him killed. He was lucky.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”