Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Thank you and Good News

appsbill

Thank you and Good News

Unread post by appsbill » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 am

As most of you know, my husband, Bill Lehman, passed away very suddenly in August. He was an App through and through and over the past 32 years taught me to be one. I finally got the results of his autopsy and he had a hernia wrapped around his small intestine which put extra pressure on his heart and made it work harder till it couldn't work any longer. I want to thank all of the Appalachian Family for all your support and prayers. You helped me through the 1st football season in 32 years without him physically there. GOOD NEWS: Our grandson, Taylor Burns,who has been coming to App games with us since he was 7 months old, received his letter of acceptance to ASU yesterday. Of course, I know Bill is running all over Heaven spreading the good news and I wanted to share it for him with all of the "Appalachian Family". GO APPS!!! It is GREAT TO BE A MOUNTAINEER!
Thank you.
Phyllis Lehman

PS. Great update, not only has Taylor been accepted at ASU, but he got his letter today, he has been accepted to The Honors College at Appalachian. I know now Bill has the biggest smile ever.
Last edited by appsbill on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASUPATCH
School: Appalachian State

Re: Thank you and Good News

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 am

Great to hear about your grandsons acceptance. Glad your a member of the App Family.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

hAPPy4APP

Unread post by hAPPy4APP » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 am

Congratulations on your grandsons acceptance. I know you must be right about Bill's jubilance and how large his smile must be right now.
God Bless!!

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:15 pm

Congratulations!

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:17 am

Congratulations on your grandson's acceptance letter into the Honors College! Also, there is nothing like the love and support of a grandmother!!! Your grandson is blessed in more ways than one!!!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:16 am

Congratulations. I know you are proud of Taylor. Sounds like he has been in the Appalachian family for awhile- Now, it's official:) God bless you both in the new year.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:13 am

thank you for the update very excited for him and your family!

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 am

Sweet News about your grandson!...Hope your Christmas and New Years are as good as they can be!

Go APPS!
Go APPS!

appsbill

Unread post by appsbill » Tue May 27, 2014 4:53 pm

I just wanted to brag about our grandson, Taylor, who just finished his Freshman Year at App. He completed both semesters on the Dean's list and is in the Honors College. He is majoring in Exercise Science and plans to go on to the PA program from Wake at Appalachian when he graduates. I know Bill is really proud of him, I wish he was here to see it, but I know he is watching over Taylor. Taylor has been going to Appalachian football games since he was 7 months old, so he bleeds black and gold also. He is also in the Student Yosef Club and works the clubroom during football games. I am really a proud grandmother.

Phyllis Lehman

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:49 am

Your two posts really got to me. Reminded me of taking my youngest son to an App State football game several years ago just before he went away to the Marines. It was my only request of him before he left. Two tours in Iraq later he came back and graduated from App State last year, got married and is teaching. Appalachian is much more than just a university, it is family also.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

appsbill

Re: Thank you and Good News (Update)

Unread post by appsbill » Thu May 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Just a quick update of good news. Our grandson, Taylor, has just completed his Sophomore year at App. and finished on the Dean's list in the Honors College. Two more years and then to PA school in Exercise Science. I am so proud of him and I know Bill is and is watching over him. A shout of thanks to all App fans that have been there for me the past two football seasons. I am truly blessed for all my good friends . If you go to the Yosef Club before the football games, Taylor is the cute guy working, usually he is the one with the counter at the door when you come in. Just give him a shout.
Thanks again to all my "App Family" and GO APPS!!!!!

Phyllis Lehman

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Thu May 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Way to go!!!! I was on the deans list....but it was the list of people who needed to do better in class or else!!!! Again...congrats!!!

appsbill

Re: Thank you and Good News and more good news

Unread post by appsbill » Thu May 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Just an undate on the Good News section. Our grandson, Taylor Burns will be graduating tomorrow morning at 9:00 am from the Honors College at ASU and again at 5:00 pm from the regular college at ASU. So proud of him and I know Bill will be sending down showers of love to him. I want to thank everyone that has help made this possible and to know what great friends we have at Appalachian. You have showed us what a wonderful family it is to be a part of. Now on to 2 1/2 years of PA school in Cardiology. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers over these past 4 1/2 years. GO APPS!!!!

Phyllis Lehman

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu May 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Congratulations to Taylor and the whole family! I know you're so very proud of him. Where did the time go? Thank you for the update. It's just another testament to what a special university and APP family we have. It's been great to read the tweets and posts of graduating students expressing their love for ASU and gratitude for their time there.
Enjoy the well deserved celebration that goes along with this honor. No doubt, Bill is looking down with pride as well.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Congratulations to Taylor and kudos to you for getting through tough times. And I know times are still tough.

But as I am in Gods country this very minute to watch my nephew walk on Saturday morning it is great to have another young Mountaineer in the family. I would be running all over the place also.

GO APPS!!!
and Gods peace to you.

appsbill

Unread post by appsbill » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:31 am

I want to send a shout out of thanks to all my friends and "App family" for helping my family and me get through the past years at ASU. Five years ago today, my wonderful husband and best friend went to be with God. I really was devastated and not sure if I could ever go back to App and a football game. My daughter and grandson talked me into going back to the 1st game in 2012 against Montana and thanks to the wonderful "family" at App, I made it through. There was a double rainbow that night and I took that as a sign that all was good. There have been ups and downs and always will be but I want to thank all of you and want you to know just what a smile or a glad to see you means. I am looking forward to this season and I know Bill will have his front row seat in Heaven yelling as he did when he was in the stands. He has a much better view now. Again, thank you "Appalachian Family" and GO APPS!!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”