Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appstatesports.com

dlh71

Appstatesports.com

Unread post by dlh71 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:08 pm

I am having a horrible time with the new format on my iPad. It is not worth trying to go there. Any suggestions

Rick83
School: Appalachian State

Re: Appstatesports.com

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 am

I know...I hardly ever go to it anymore...this message board and whatever shows up on Facebook are my main sources for info now.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:48 am

Piling on here.

Worked pretty good at launch but have had issues since.

To ditch the app, and tout that the site will be mobile friendly in order to stream games, this is not a good development. Luckily, its still June, and plenty of time to work out the kinks.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:47 am

Rick83 wrote:I know...I hardly ever go to it anymore...this message board and whatever shows up on Facebook are my main sources for info now.
dlh71 wrote:I am having a horrible time with the new format on my iPad. It is not worth trying to go there. Any suggestions
bigCasu wrote:Piling on here.

Worked pretty good at launch but have had issues since.

To ditch the app, and tout that the site will be mobile friendly in order to stream games, this is not a good development. Luckily, its still June, and plenty of time to work out the kinks.
Please make sure to let the athletic department know what specific issues you have - platform, operating system, error messages, display glitches. They can't fix what they don't know is a problem. I can't imagine that anyone in athletics has the time or equipment to test all the possible gizmos and gadgets we use as fans.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:31 am

I haven't had any issues with it when on my laptop. On my phone or iPad is where it doesn't work very well.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:33 am

Works fine on my Android devices so must be an issue with iOS.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:24 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote: Please make sure to let the athletic department know what specific issues you have - platform, operating system, error messages, display glitches. They can't fix what they don't know is a problem. I can't imagine that anyone in athletics has the time or equipment to test all the possible gizmos and gadgets we use as fans.
I have not personally experienced any problems, but the entity being paid to do the website should invest the time to make sure it is compatible with vast majority of devices and browsers. That's what these types are paid to do in this day and age. Having said that, my experience with this sort of thing certainly does not rule out a user's experience being influenced by things other than website design inadequacies. It can be the user and their own device/browsing habits, and often times it is.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:48 pm

CVAPP wrote: I have not personally experienced any problems, but the entity being paid to do the website should invest the time to make sure it is compatible with vast majority of devices and browsers. That's what these types are paid to do in this day and age. Having said that, my experience with this sort of thing certainly does not rule out a user's experience being influenced by things other than website design inadequacies. It can be the user and their own device/browsing habits, and often times it is.
It's highly possible that the website designer tested everything appropriately as they should have ... on relatively up to date platforms. My husband has a 2nd generation iPad that he still likes even though there are quite a few sites that don't work so well on that dinosaur. I imagine the same would apply to someone using IE9. My work keeps me constantly connected to all sorts of electronic portals. It's always fun (ok, maybe "fun" is the wrong word) when those portal providers - particularly banks - roll out "improvements".
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:20 pm

JTApps1 wrote:Works fine on my Android devices so must be an issue with iOS.
I'm hopeful that the newest version of iOS on the newest iphone isn't the problem.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:20 pm

I'd imagine that anyone on here still using internet explorer has 4 or 5 search bars at the top of their browser too...

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:10 am

I once delivered a website to a client that asked me to remove the shoe advertisements from the website. I had to delicately explain there were no shoe and or third-party advertisements of any sort on the site. I then had to explain the difference between web design work and IT services.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:45 pm

I was seeing some formatting issues on my mobile device but like that transition. I streamed some of our away games on other SideArms sites and it was a far easier process then what we were doing. Hopefully the Dev team can get this sorted out over next couple months.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:31 am

Daphne brings up a point worth emphasizing. Unlike past AD administrations, DG and Co. listen and evaluate constructive criticism. I've made comments before to them even suggesting it's an FYI and no response required. I still get one and it wasn't canned. SO raising the issue here is good to see if it's a pervasive problem but let them know what's not working!!!! What a refreshing change.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:46 am

Rekdiver wrote:Daphne brings up a point worth emphasizing. Unlike past AD administrations, DG and Co. listen and evaluate constructive criticism. I've made comments before to them even suggesting it's an FYI and no response required. I still get one and it wasn't canned. SO raising the issue here is good to see if it's a pervasive problem but let them know what's not working!!!! What a refreshing change.

Rek, did you have problems getting CC to heed? Haven't seen that on here before.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”