Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Academic Success

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Academic Success

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:38 pm

I know myself and others have posted information about our academic success in threads where each sport is covered but I thought, with the new school year starting, that it would be a good time to put a general thread up where everything academic related, whether a single sport or the overall program, could be placed. I'll get this thread pinned to the top to make it easier to find.

Good place to start is this from the Sun Belt site.

http://sunbeltsports.org/news/2017/8/15 ... emics.aspx

NEW ORLEANS – Over 2,100 Sun Belt Conference student-athletes were named to the 2016-17 Commissioner's List and Academic Honor Roll as announced by the league office Tuesday afternoon. The list is comprised of 1,087 student-athletes on the Commissioner's List and 1,044 student-athletes on the Academic Honor Roll list.

The Commissioner's List honors student-athletes who maintained a 3.5 grade point average or better during the 2016-17 academic year while the Academic Honor Roll honors those student-athletes who maintained a GPA between 3.0 and 3.49 for the academic year.

Appalachian State University had the highest number of honorees with 237 student-athletes between the two lists (114 on the Commissioner's List and 123 on the Academic Honor Roll). Georgia Southern University had the second most student-athletes between the two lists with 195 total. Georgia State University totaled 189 student-athletes between the Commissioner's List and Academic Honor Roll. The Panthers placed 105 on the Commissioner's List and 84 on the Academic Honor.

Women's soccer had the largest number of student-athletes on the Commissioner's List with 152 followed by Women's track & field and cross country which had 141. Football led all sports on the Academic Honor Roll as 252 student-athletes were named to the list. Women's track & field and cross country was second with 133 on the Academic Honor Roll.

DaphneUrquhart

Re: Academic Success

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Friends, this is why we're Yosef! On average, one in five student-athletes is a first generation college student. Think of the long-term impact on the economic standing for the athletes and their families that your donation makes.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:02 pm

APPsolutely! The best recognition we can achieve.....and we beat The Stink, again, to boot!

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:23 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:Friends, this is why we're Yosef! On average, one in five student-athletes is a first generation college student. Think of the long-term impact on the economic standing for the athletes and their families that your donation makes.
This!

elenitaylor
School: Florida

Unread post by elenitaylor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:02 am

Absolutely.The best recognition we can achieve.I just like the valuable info you provide for your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here regularly. Custom essay writing service will give you opportunity to spend more free time with friends. Visit https://www.essayguardian.com/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”