Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Welcome Back!

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

Welcome Back!

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Welcome back APP students!
The university and town of Boone has missed you. You bring energy and excitement to this community, and it's time for this sleepy summer vacation wonderland to come alive with its annual rite of passage. You make this place even more special than it already is, and you are APPreciated.
You are extremely blessed to be members of a true Appalachian Family, and this amazing university will hold a special place in your heart for the rest of your life. Take good care of its legacy and strive to make these fleeting years count.
You are also fortunate to attend this university at a special time in its football history. We have an awesome head coach who is an alum dedicated to taking our football program to new heights. Support the team and ALL teams. It means a lot to them and the whole App family. Come early, stay late, be loud, and have fun.
Best of luck to you this school year. I hope to be able to occasionally pick up one of your meals at Peppers or the Chick-fil-A drive thru. As a Boone resident, I'll tell you, you are appreciated, and we are glad you are here. Welcome back and GO APP!

NoLongerLurking

Re: Welcome Back!

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm

If you think it's sleepy during the summer, you clearly don't live off 105. Regardelss, welcome back. NOW GO HOME FLORIDIANS!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:13 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:If you think it's sleepy during the summer, you clearly don't live off 105. Regardelss, welcome back. NOW GO HOME FLORIDIANS!
I'm off summers, so it was sleepy for me. ;)

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:14 am

Good to be back. I'm gonna try and treasure my last year as a student here. Go App!
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 pm

beav910 wrote:Good to be back. I'm gonna try and treasure my last year as a student here. Go App!

This is key wording. I was ready to move back to Charlotte after I graduated and then a great job opportunity fell into my lap. Four years later and I'm still a proud Boone resident.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:08 pm

I still have nail marks in my back from when my mom hugged me goodbye as a freshman over ten years ago.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:54 pm

If you've never volunteered to help with move-in, I strongly encourage you to do so. This was my first time helping. I'll definitely be volunteering next year. We had 6 Yosef advisory board folks helping and explaining the Student Yosef Club to those who were curious. Big C was there, too, making hundreds of trips with new members of the App Family. What a great day to be a Mountaineer!
Last edited by DaphneUrquhart on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:22 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:If you've never volunteered too help with move-in, I strongly encourage you to do so. This was my first time helping. I'll definitely be volunteering next year. We had 6 Yosef advisory board folks helping and explaining the Student Yosef Club to those who were curious. Big C was there, too, making hundreds of trips with new members of the App Family. What a great day to be a Mountaineer!
I saw C's step count earlier. He put in WORK today lol.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:52 am

T-Dog wrote:I still have nail marks in my back from when my mom hugged me goodbye as a freshman over ten years ago.
:?

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 am

MAD Doctor wrote:Welcome back APP students!
The university and town of Boone has missed you. You bring energy and excitement to this community, and it's time for this sleepy summer vacation wonderland to come alive with its annual rite of passage. You make this place even more special than it already is, and you are APPreciated.
You are extremely blessed to be members of a true Appalachian Family, and this amazing university will hold a special place in your heart for the rest of your life. Take good care of its legacy and strive to make these fleeting years count.
You are also fortunate to attend this university at a special time in its football history. We have an awesome head coach who is an alum dedicated to taking our football program to new heights. Support the team and ALL teams. It means a lot to them and the whole App family. Come early, stay late, be loud, and have fun.
Best of luck to you this school year. I hope to be able to occasionally pick up one of your meals at Peppers or the Chick-fil-A drive thru. As a Boone resident, I'll tell you, you are appreciated, and we are glad you are here. Welcome back and GO APP!
You occasionally buy meals for students at Peppers and the Chick-fil-A drive thru?

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 am

fjblair wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Welcome back APP students!
You occasionally buy meals for students at Peppers and the Chick-fil-A drive thru?

Absolutely. I tell the waiter or waitress to just tell them it was from a member of the App family. Actually my wife's idea. This past May, we went to a nephew's high school graduation and they had a slide show with the student's photo and College where they'd be attending. Two were coming to APP. At the reception she whips out a couple of Starbucks gift cards and congratulates them on an awesome choice. (Not athlete's mind you ;) )

Duke5224

Unread post by Duke5224 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:54 am

:D Just have to jump on and say that as a parent I have been nothing but pleased with my child's experience at App. My other two children went to other UNC system schools and did not have near the great experience she has had so far. It is like pulling teeth to get her to come home because she just loves it there. Shout out to the great folks of Boone for being so welcoming! It gives this momma comfort in knowing that she is in such a great place to grow and flourish. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”