Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Dear Dr. Everts

GreatAppSt
School: Appalachian State

Dear Dr. Everts

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Dear Dr. Everts,

Please inform UNC of our need to cancel our upcoming H & H Football games with them. Simply state our need for disassociation as our reason.

Thank you.

GAS

NoLongerLurking

Re: Dear Dr. Everts

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:15 pm

<.<

Appstatedaniel

Unread post by Appstatedaniel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 pm

are you serious!? Need for disassociation!? Let me guess, you’re probably excited about opening at penn State, never had an issue about playing UHA or State ? You don’t think shady classes go on at every school and yes, even App state you are naive my friend

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Appstatedaniel wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 pm
are you serious!? Need for disassociation!? Let me guess, you’re probably excited about opening at penn State, never had an issue about playing UHA or State ? You don’t think shady classes go on at every school and yes, even App state you are naive my friend
Show me a fake class at App; one where no one is required to show up and still gets an A. Don't sell that baby blue propaganda here.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 pm

First post ever is defending unc. Big App fan here.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:34 am

Nah.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:20 am

appst89 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:06 pm
Appstatedaniel wrote:
Show me a fake class at App; one where no one is required to show up and still gets an A. Don't sell that baby blue propaganda here.
I took a class at App with a tenured Professor that gave two exams. The mid-term and the final. The Professor asked me how I felt that I did on the mid term. I said that I wasn't sure of one of the answers that I gave. The Professors response was,"you should have come and asked me". I took a class by this person the next semester and took him up on it. When I asked about my answer, it turned into a class discussion. Everyone got the question right. So the class had no attendance policy, if the Professor didn't write it down on the board, you didn't need to know it. I learned a lot from those classes but I didn't have to work too hard for the grade. And there were no athletes in those classes.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 am

In my opinion, the sins of Penn St are FAR worse than the fake classes at UNC. I mean boys were essentially raped and their lives ruined while the football program turned a blind eye.

The UNC games need to stay on the schedule and we'll hope that they've made changes to insure nothing like that happens again. Apparently they've already made oversight and governance changes.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 am

My issue with the whole thing from Day One is that the Flagship University that we are attached to and part of committed academic fraud so severe that SACS threatened its accreditation. This is embarrassing to me as at the bottom of my App State diploma is a statement that says "A member institution of the University of North Carolina" This puts a smear on the degrees from all 16 campuses, at least those during the time frame of the fraud.

Playing Baby Blue in anything no longer has any appeal to me.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:19 am

Appstatedaniel wrote:
Uncle Tom.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:21 am

Appstatedaniel wrote:
Did you register on this board just to defend your true school, UNCheat?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:22 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 am
In my opinion, the sins of Penn St are FAR worse than the fake classes at UNC. I mean boys were essentially raped and their lives ruined while the football program turned a blind eye.
Sure, but the supposed purpose of the NCAA is to protect the integrity of the “student-athlete” system. Moreover, Penn State was actually punished by the NCAA.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:22 am
Rick83 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 am
Sure, but the supposed purpose of the NCAA is to protect the integrity of the “student-athlete” system. Moreover, Penn State was actually punished by the NCAA.
That is true Penn St. was punished, so that's something. I think the issue may be the way the rules are written by the NCAA? The UNC defense and posturing through this whole thing is actually amazing in it's boldness, and as I've mentioned in another post, there could still be consequences on the academic side. It'll also be interesting to see if there are going to be revitalized "cheater chants" at any Tarheel games from the opposing students.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Appstatedaniel wrote:
Penn State didn't exactly walk away from that whole mess scot-free

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Okay, so UNC admitted to SACSCOC that it was academic fraud. Then UNC told the NCAA it was not academic fraud that there was a typo to the accrediting association. So which is it??? Can/will the accrediting association come back???

I'm pretty much with the OP. No need to play this bunch. The playing field is already tilted enough with them being a P5. And then throw in the cheating. However, with the silence from the ACC and the UNC system, I guess we'll just bend over and take it.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Appstatedaniel wrote:
I may me naïve as you say but having lived many years of my childhood at USMA at West Point some of the honor code has always resonated in my life. Never lie, cheat or steal, moreover don't associate with those who do, simple really. Hence my not wishing anything to do with, or relating to UNC..... ever. The representative group at that university have shown the world their truest nature and beliefs revealing no real competitive mettle at all. UNC has made itself into a Joke.

From an old SciFi movie, Most currently brought to you by our friends the NCAA and UNC Chapel Hill.

"OBEY
SLEEP
CONSUME
DO NOT QUESTION AUTHORITY"

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Here's an idea. Let's keep these games on the books and just knock snot bubbles out of them every time we line up for a play. Let's just win the dadgum game and show them how a team is run properly.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Longrifle28 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:49 pm
Okay, so UNC admitted to SACSCOC that it was academic fraud. Then UNC told the NCAA it was not academic fraud that there was a typo to the accrediting association. So which is it??? Can/will the accrediting association come back???

I'm pretty much with the OP. No need to play this bunch. The playing field is already tilted enough with them being a P5. And then throw in the cheating. However, with the silence from the ACC and the UNC system, I guess we'll just bend over and take it.
I think Carolina admitted that the class wasn't up to the required academic standards but originally said that it was just for athletes, so the SACSCOC put them on a 1 year probation (whatever that means), but that put them at risk with the NCAA. However, Carolina then changed their story and said that the course was available to all students which gets them off the hook with the NCAA, but re-opens the door (if SACSCOC chooses to) for further accreditation consequences (including reputation hits) for their academic program. It's like they're risking their academic reputation (and accreditation) to save their sports reputation. It was a bold and brilliant legal maneuver but may still cost them in the end.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:18 pm

As I see it, the issues at UNC Chapel Hill are more related to terrible academic oversight; which they were dinged for by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Those courses should have never been allowed to exist at all. They were, however, open to anyone at the school which is how UNC Chapel Hill escaped punishment..that and a very vigorous legal defense. It's clear to most, the courses were created with the intent to allow Student Athletes an easy way to maintain eligibility. Student Athletes were steered towards those courses by academic advisers not by coaches or others directly employed by the Athletic department. I am certain that once out there, these courses were widely attended by UNC students looking to pad their GPAs much the way some courses at all schools offer easy A's...you know the ones. In fact, even some majors are easier than others. I have a degree in Biology with Minors in Chemistry and Physics and I know for a fact I could have taken a much, much easier path to a BS at Appalachian State. What UNC Chapel Hill did is a blight on the entire UNC system by simple association as GreatAppState says but it's over now so let's move on. Frankly I was a little worried they would get the death penalty and we wouldn't be able to play them ever. Can't wait to see our Black and Gold lay the wood to those powder blue puffs.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm
Here's an idea. Let's keep these games on the books and just knock snot bubbles out of them every time we line up for a play. Let's just win the dadgum game and show them how a team is run properly.
UNC now has a the green light of impunity by the NCAA via the high cash-flow stream to the governing body.
By Game time the "Fix will be in"? Probably full of non qualifying ringers et-al on UNC's sideline. They may indeed just show us, "how a team is run properly" today, by systemic corruption and collusion. ;)

No thank you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”