Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Big $$ Announcement Coming

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: Big $$ Announcement Coming

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:05 am

I started to repeat myself after reading all the comments....time to let it go.

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 am

APPARJ wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 am
T-Dog wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:23 pm
App has been pursing a public-private partnership on the replacement to Owens. in order to use state money. In fact, there's state money earmarked for the project, $40 million I believe. It's in the UNC system budget.
Call me old fashioned but if we can’t raise enough money for facilities that will benefit our donors and fans then we shouldn’t use tax dollars to fund it. If the people benefiting from the new toys aren’t willing to pay for it then why should taxpayers?
The $40 Mil would be for the Dorm that is in front of the Athletic part. App State would need to get the money for the Athletics part or offer it for used by other parts of the university.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:11 pm

firemoose wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:54 pm
Big difference in paying money OUT to some bogus entity and receiving money. All that money has to clear banks before it can be used.

If older Howard Hughes was around in this time he would be difficult to find on the internet as well. Just think of all the "eccentricities", putting it mildly, that he had. I doubt Mr Ricks is storing his urine in jars.

Can nothing good ever happen without some looking for the bad in a situation? When Don Beaver gave 10 Mil for the new College of Health Sciences (5 Mil up front and 5 willed, which is why Mr Ricks' is the largest single contribution), I don't remember any questioning that. I'm not jumping on anyone but just saying can't we just accept the money, say thank you, and move forward. This is supposed to be a GOOD thing and a big boost to Athletics. Not a conspiracy. I sometimes ask myself why I quit posting or even reading these threads and then I look and it's hits me.

I actually thought everyone would be happy when I hinted at this a few weeks ago. Stupid me I guess. :?
It's hard to understand some people here.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 am

What is the $10m going to be earmarked for? When will it get spent? Anxious to see and hear big things!

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 am
What is the $10m going to be earmarked for? When will it get spent? Anxious to see and hear big things!
I believe the biggest chunk will go toward a down payment on the North Endzone project. But that still has to work its way through channels.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
I believe the biggest chunk will go toward a down payment on the North Endzone project. But that still has to work its way through channels.
Only asking this because of the ongoing north end zone thread- did we get this moolah yet?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:29 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 pm
AppGrad78 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Only asking this because of the ongoing north end zone thread- did we get this moolah yet?
IMO it'll be paid on a schedule that'll be strictly between the donor, his financial advisors, the athletic department and the university foundation. The new IRS regs will almost certainly complicate it. It won't be for public disclosure.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:47 pm

asu66 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:29 pm
IMO it'll be paid on a schedule that'll be strictly between the donor, his financial advisors, the athletic department and the university foundation. The new IRS regs will almost certainly complicate it. It won't be for public disclosure.
As I'm reading it, the new tax law shouldn't be a big deal with this one. Only the portion of a donation that's paid for "the right to purchase tickets" is not deductible.

Of course, when and how he makes his donation is completely up to him. I'm thankful Appalachian is receiving this sort of gift.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:13 am

And I hope he goes through with this. No reason to think he will not, but we do have a short history of putting a name on a building and then removing said name when the $ never appear. This is a bit different of course.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”