Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Big $$ Announcement Coming

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Big $$ Announcement Coming

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Geez Guys, some of these comments are over the top unreal? I certainly hope Mark Ricks isn't reading the way his generosity is being spun among some of his Yosef's kinfolks. It's downright disparaging and disrespectful. We're better than this. How about showing it!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:50 pm

:star
Last edited by Rekdiver on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:46 pm

You only announce a giant donation when you know the check is gonna clear. Otherwise stAte would've claimed a billion dollar donation from the Koch brothers by now. Due diligence was done before the announcement was made.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Dmanuhone

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 pm

What is the matter with you people?
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:08 am

Dmanuhone wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 pm
:roll:

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:08 am

Dmanuhone wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 pm
:roll:

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:19 am

asu66 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:26 pm
Geez Guys, some of these comments are over the top unreal? I certainly hope Mark Ricks isn't reading the way his generosity is being spun among some of his Yosef's kinfolks. It's downright disparaging and disrespectful. We're better than this. How about showing it!
And what about any other deep pockets out there that may be deciding what to do with their money? I hope they're not reading this board at all. Thanks Mark for your donation! You are a Mountaineer Extraordinaire!

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:54 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:19 am
asu66 wrote:
And what about any other deep pockets out there that may be deciding what to do with their money? I hope they're not reading this board at all. Thanks Mark for your donation! You are a Mountaineer Extraordinaire!
To your point, if I had that kind of money and wanted to make a large donation, couldn’t one remain anonymous so as to stay out of the spotlight?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 pm

There are plenty of people that spend a great deal of money to protect their anonymity.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:22 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:54 am
Rick83 wrote:
asu66 wrote:
To your point, if I had that kind of money and wanted to make a large donation, couldn’t one remain anonymous so as to stay out of the spotlight?
You could but then who would expect to be so scrutinized by the folks who's way you are paying.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:04 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:22 pm
ASU-FTW wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
asu66 wrote:
You could but then who would expect to be so scrutinized by the folks who's way you are paying.
There had better be some scrutinizing, to a point, thats for sure. Ever heard or Rick Siskey?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm

App91 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:04 pm
bcoach wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
asu66 wrote:
There had better be some scrutinizing, to a point, thats for sure. Ever heard or Rick Siskey?
Yes I have. I'm in the financial business. Part of my job is doing an indepth investigation on my client to know where the money is coming from hence my original question on due dilligence. A fair question I thought and clients know and expect it these days. It is not an insult to ask appropriate questions. It's a fiduciary responsibility albeit not mine here. I ask because it's what I do. This gift to the university in no way could be similar to the one mentioned above. Moose said it's been known long enough by Appalachian administration to be properly vetted and I accept his explanation. We should be done with the questioning.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm
App91 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:04 pm
bcoach wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

Yes I have. I'm in the financial business. Part of my job is doing an indepth investigation on my client to know where the money is coming from hence my original question on due dilligence. A fair question I thought and clients know and expect it these days. It is not an insult to ask appropriate questions. It's a fiduciary responsibility albeit not mine here. I ask because it's what I do. This gift to the university in no way could be similar to the one mentioned above. Moose said it's been known long enough by Appalachian administration to be properly vetted and I accept his explanation. We should be done with the questioning.
Understand completely and i'm with you, was responding to the poster who asked who would expect to be scrutinized. I was making a point that the university should be doing due diligence.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:36 pm

We have people on here constantly talking about what we have to do with out writing the check to do it. Now we have a very generous person writing a big check and it takes very little time to start questioning his ability or even honesty. There is no question it should be vetted but this is not the place nor the people to be involved. It is not only an insult to the person making the gift but to the AD to be dragged through a message board. When you add in references to crooks it is a total embarrassment.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Personally I wasn't making a direct reference to a criminal and anyone at APP - I was only responding to Rek's statement about vetting and what happened at another problem - not in any way insinuating any comparison ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:47 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:36 pm
We have people on here constantly talking about what we have to do with out writing the check to do it. Now we have a very generous person writing a big check and it takes very little time to start questioning his ability or even honesty. There is no question it should be vetted but this is not the place nor the people to be involved. It is not only an insult to the person making the gift but to the AD to be dragged through a message board. When you add in references to crooks it is a total embarrassment.
Asking the question is not an insult nor should it be an embarrassment , in fact I'd say it is a responsibility. When you are making plans to spend a huge amount of money you want to make sure it will be there and it's every bit my right to ask it. No one questioned his honesty. we've ( you) dragged coaches, players administrators and politicians through this message board saying far worse than asking an honest question about something very important to all of us. So as I said before if Moose says the legwork was done that is the answer to my question.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 am

If the school had announced the receipt of a $10m donation and said that the doner requested to remain anonymous there probably wouldn’t have been questions raised such as these. Since the person was made known and nobody has ever heard of him it simply raises curiosity. Some people would like to hear more about his farm as any details about it are not readily accessible. Some might be interested in knowing more about the gentleman. Many people speak about what they would do if they won the lottery and some say that they would make a huge donation to remove the track or for some other purpose. If one of us did that would we want it to be known or done quietly? It’s just a great story that comes with general curiosity and added questions.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:47 pm
bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:36 pm
Asking the question is not an insult nor should it be an embarrassment , in fact I'd say it is a responsibility. When you are making plans to spend a huge amount of money you want to make sure it will be there and it's every bit my right to ask it. No one questioned his honesty. we've ( you) dragged coaches, players administrators and politicians through this message board saying far worse than asking an honest question about something very important to all of us. So as I said before if Moose says the legwork was done that is the answer to my question.
You need to read some of the comments on here again.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:36 am

Y'all are absolutely ridiculous.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:02 am

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:36 am
Y'all are absolutely ridiculous.