Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Future Mountaineer

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Future Mountaineer

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Today my wife gave birth to our beautiful daughter today. Wore the App State hoody to help her make a college choice later in life. Still no name, but App Nation gained another fan today.
Attachments
IMG_31901.jpg
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

HighlandsApp

Re: Future Mountaineer

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Congratulations

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:54 pm

First congratulations!

Second, congratulations.

I have three daughters. One is graduating in a few weeks from App. Her younger twins found money and opportunities that App could not compete with and are at other colleges. One twin would have been very happy in Boone and App lost out big time. The other twin was not as sold on App and that is fine. (Full disclosure: After last weekend in Boone skipping on baseball for basketball due to the temp and wind I am not sure either twin would have relished Boone like big sis and mom and dad did and do for Boone winter. Things tend to work out I guess.)

My challenge to all is to help fund scholarships at App so very qualified prospective students are not pulled away due to lack of scholarship opportunities due to a small endowment.

Again congrats, and I hope I am not coming across with any negativity at such a wonderful time in your lives. Daughers are wonderful.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Contact App Alumni Affairs. They used to send an App onesie to newborns, though they tend to be small so do this quick or she will not be able to wear it. This is current as of 1999. :-)
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:56 pm
Contact App Alumni Affairs. They used to send an App onesie to newborns, though they tend to be small so do this quick or she will not be able to wear it. This is current as of 1999. :-)
Thanks for that information. I planned to visit the bookstore site as well. Can never have too much App gear

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:07 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:54 pm
First congratulations!

Second, congratulations.

I have three daughters. One is graduating in a few weeks from App. Her younger twins found money and opportunities that App could not compete with and are at other colleges. One twin would have been very happy in Boone and App lost out big time. The other twin was not as sold on App and that is fine. (Full disclosure: After last weekend in Boone skipping on baseball for basketball due to the temp and wind I am not sure either twin would have relished Boone like big sis and mom and dad did and do for Boone winter. Things tend to work out I guess.)

My challenge to all is to help fund scholarships at App so very qualified prospective students are not pulled away due to lack of scholarship opportunities due to a small endowment.

Again congrats, and I hope I am not coming across with any negativity at such a wonderful time in your lives. Daughers are wonderful.
I plan to take her and my two boys to Boone as much as possible while young, but when the time comes the choice is theirs. I do agree with your scholarship statement. I struggled myself while in school to find additional scholarship aid.

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Congrats and welcome to the family!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”