Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Club Raleigh Stop

ComebackShack
School: Appalachian State

Yosef Club Raleigh Stop

Unread post by ComebackShack » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:24 am

Anyone from the board going tonight? I will be there!

EastHallApp

Re: Yosef Club Raleigh Stop

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:27 am

Yep. Interested to see how this venue works out.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Looks like it was a packed house. How did y'all like it? Good food? Nice space? Enough contact with / access to athletics folks / coaches?
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:44 pm

I was at the Durham event today and it was great. The lunch events are more intimate, but shorter due to everyone's lunch schedules. Doug, Adam and Coach Ivey spoke, but Fox, Angel, new women's soccer coach and others were in attendance.

DG said the track and women's softball will move to the WHS property, Sofield will expand in time, but the SB field will be turfed for more practice space for all sports as soon as possible. Field House will start coming down in mid-December.

I continue to be impressed with DG and the work he's doing. His main comment was the importance of "expanding the base". We just need more people pulling on the rope for us to do all the things we want at Appalachian.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:46 am

Boone Goon wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:44 pm
I was at the Durham event today and it was great. The lunch events are more intimate, but shorter due to everyone's lunch schedules. Doug, Adam and Coach Ivey spoke, but Fox, Angel, new women's soccer coach and others were in attendance.

DG said the track and women's softball will move to the WHS property, Sofield will expand in time, but the SB field will be turfed for more practice space for all sports as soon as possible. Field House will start coming down in mid-December.

I continue to be impressed with DG and the work he's doing. His main comment was the importance of "expanding the base". We just need more people pulling on the rope for us to do all the things we want at Appalachian.
"new women's soccer coach...in attendance."

Are you sure? When did Coach Strickland resign?
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:02 am

asu66 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:46 am
Boone Goon wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:44 pm

"new women's soccer coach...in attendance."

Are you sure? When did Coach Strickland resign?
I had the same question.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:10 am

Whoops...I didn’t realize she’s been here for 8 years. I thought she had only been here a year or so. Yes, Coach Sarah Strickland was at the event.

appyirish

Unread post by appyirish » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:19 am

I enjoyed the Raleigh event.
Coach Satterfield commented he hopes for a snowy inaugural Sun Belt Championship game in Boone this December!❄️🏈🍻

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:43 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:17 pm
Looks like it was a packed house. How did y'all like it? Good food? Nice space? Enough contact with / access to athletics folks / coaches?
Food was fine; coaches, staff and athletes were plenty accessible. I wouldn't say the bank was an ideal venue. Limited seating and table space. It was a good crowd but didn't seem nearly as large as when they'd have it at the Marriott up the road. I wasn't able to make it at Bond Bros. last year but that's a really good spot too (but from what I understand, maybe not conveniently located for a lot of folks). For those of us who care about such things, the beer selection definitely suffered compared to past years. My understanding is one of the bank's executives is an App grad so that may have played a role in holding it there this year. And I can't complain about free registration!

I met Angel Elderkin and enjoyed talking to her. Also chatted briefly with Satt and some other folks I've met before. I always enjoy this event and recommend it to any App folks as a good way to meet people and get closer to App athletics.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”